GUILD EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: The Next Guild PVP Grand Tourney Will Begin Thursday, November 16th!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Prepare your guilds and sharpen your swords/fangs/arrows/teeth/magic... wait no, you can't sharpen magic. Uhh... GET READY because, the next Guild PVP Grand Tourney will begin next Thursday. You must be in a guild before the event starts in order to earn trophies for that guild.

This will be a competitive event, but will have thresholds for guilds that are ranked outside the top 50. We will also be running a special season that removes PVP streaks starting on Wednesday, as well as several special buffs and debuffs to shake up the metagame!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Nice , will there be event tickets like last time? Just don't let them disappear again :)
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    Nice , will there be event tickets like last time? Just don't let them disappear again :)

There will be event tickets, and we've already made sure that the slip up from last time will not occur again.
  • Can we have some hints on what the buffs / debuffs will be? Please no mega nerf to AoE attacks again!
  • No streaks? Love it.
    Can we have some hints on what the buffs / debuffs will be? Please no mega nerf to AoE attacks again!

I can say that all of the the buffs and debuffs will be different from the ones we ran last time, but that's all you're getting out of me. ;)
  • Joel wrote: »
    Can we have some hints on what the buffs / debuffs will be? Please no mega nerf to AoE attacks again!

I can say that all of the the buffs and debuffs will be different from the ones we ran last time, but that's all you're getting out of me. ;)

Will there be premium hero tokens in the event shop ? Ferno Solaris marrow?
  • Joel wrote: »

yes, but it will cost 100,000 tickets, and we will only get 17,000.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

yes, but it will cost 100,000 tickets, and we will only get 17,000.
    But you can buy 50,000 tickets for $50. So... you have options...
  • @Joel I'm curious here, can you fill in the blank for me?

"We have responded to the feedback from the last pvp event by _______".

Because I'm not certain as to why running this event before fixing the combat system is a good idea.
    coneyK wrote: »
    Because I'm not certain as to why running this event before fixing the combat system is a good idea.

We have responded to the feedback from the last pvp event by patching code that caused crashes, ensuring that the error that caused tickets to disappear will not happen again, and working with the Meta Focus group to increase the impact of the PVP buffs/debuffs.

Is the current combat system as good as we hope the new one will be? No, but we don't think that simply abandoning PVP events in the meantime is necessary. The last PVP event's problems were mostly technical (tickets going away, some crashing issues, etc.) and not design based (ticket shop formatting, using trophies as the points, etc.), and with the technical problems fixed, we are hoping for a smooth event that everyone can enjoy. :)
  • li30li30 Member
    Hyped for no streak pvp :D
  • Thanks for early notice.
  • Didn't we just have one? Feels like it was only last week... Still have the bad taste of the last one in my teeth. :(
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Didn't we just have one? Feels like it was only last week... Still have the bad taste of the last one in my teeth. :(

Sure if you considered haunted halls a pvp grand tourney
  • itirnitii wrote: »
    with streaks deactivated will the trophy count per win at least be increased? Something like 250 per battle seems reasonable.

I recall prior to the last event a lot of people were up in arms about whether they could reach legend 1.. which turned out to be quite easy.

As long as there are heaps of event quests / repeatables with raid ticket rewards to offset the lack of streaks.

---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • are we gonna see tomb lord zomm skin anytime soon because i missed it
  • Whatever these buffs/debuffs are, I think we’d all appreciate it if they actually made Shade irrelevant for a little while. So sick of him being the start of every.viable.meta.team. It doesn’t even need to target all casters. Just have a week long effect of “Shade does 10% of his normal damage” and you’ll suddenly see lots of new setups.
  • Actually defensive shades would still be used even if they made him do 0 damage. Just for the buffs alone
  • So a week with little to do followed by shoving pvp down our throats Tnx DB
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    DwightFry wrote: »
    So a week with little to do followed by shoving pvp down our throats Tnx DB

As crazy as it sounds, some people actually like PvP.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • I hope buffs/debuffs will make selwyn OP
  • DwightFry wrote: »

Hey! You could simply not have to pickup your phone and play the game and or event !
  • And you could put yours back where it was

And as crazy as it sounds most people don't
  • Dwight roasting the heck outta you all lol.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    DwightFry wrote: »

And as crazy as it sounds most people don't

Most? Citation needed. Plus BVS loves PVP.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited November 11
    Yes. As you can clearly see.

5llt01iqussn.jpg

Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 11
    I think that’s someone playing “condiments”.

*specifically Ketchup