Warm Up For the PVP Guild Grand Tourney with the Fire Festival!

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    NateDoge wrote: »
    @Joel I see Solaris is in the Vip portal, but listed as tokens only. Does that mean you can't get a full unlock even if you don't have him?

This is intended. Solaris is still meant to be a very rare and valuable hero.

Yes, Solaris should be a very rare and valuable hero. I agree 100%. It’s just too bad that I didn’t come to the forums before I blew 10k gems on the vip portal on my alt... Are average players like myself supposed to know that the bottom right characters in the vip portal are the only “full unlock”? Do you know how long it takes to get 10k gems on a slow level account? Do you understand that more and more people are becoming f2p every day because of this kind of garbage?
  • niclow92niclow92 Member
    edited November 14
    1. I'd have preferred if they kept Solaris to purely guild games as she was introduced. All the token packs being offered not during guild games and now the vip portal kinda makes solaris feel like she's being thrown around carelessly.

2. What happened to ferno over the past few days? He's been missing in the portal.
    Post edited by niclow92 on
  • jason58 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    @Joel I see Solaris is in the Vip portal, but listed as tokens only. Does that mean you can't get a full unlock even if you don't have him?

Yes, Solaris should be a very rare and valuable hero. I agree 100%. It’s just too bad that I didn’t come to the forums before I blew 10k gems on the vip portal on my alt... Are average players like myself supposed to know that the bottom right characters in the vip portal are the only “full unlock”? Do you know how long it takes to get 10k gems on a slow level account? Do you understand that more and more people are becoming f2p every day because of this kind of garbage?

When you click on any portal, there is a button called Hero Drops. It indicates what is available from the portal. I clicked on it the first week of playing without reference to the forums. Although, DB should make it part of the in game tutorial.

dungeon-boss029.jpg

Pretty positive you are far from average & should be well aware that the VIP portal is junk in general. Just saying. Sorry you got sucked in.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The VIP Portal has operated this way since it was launched. We have not made any changes to its functionality and always have the token/unlock differentiation clearly outlined in the hero list. That being said, we investigate ways to further clarify portal drops.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Here's hoping I can get the final 9 tokens to unlock Solaris this event :)
  • You may just need to spend 5000 gems to get them.
    The VIP Portal has operated this way since it was launched. We have not made any changes to its functionality and always have the token/unlock differentiation clearly outlined in the hero list. That being said, we investigate ways to further clarify portal drops.
    Ok. It’s not clear which of these heroes is the “unlock”. There’s no way to argue with this. “Tokens only” for all is not a clear way of saying, “only bottom right hero is unlockable”. This is unacceptable!
    iysor9pt7g3d.jpeg

• shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited November 15
    jason58 wrote: »
    Ok. It’s not clear which of these heroes is the “unlock”. There’s no way to argue with this. “Tokens only” for all is not a clear way of saying, “only bottom right hero is unlockable”. This is unacceptable!
    iysor9pt7g3d.jpeg

I think the confusion here is that it’s not stated anywhere that if the bottom right hero is already unlocked for you, you can’t get anymore full unlocks on that hero in the VIP.

So in this case, you already have Koros unlocked so you won’t get a full unlock for him in the VIP portal.

Only if the hero in the bottom right corner is not unlocked for you yet can you get a full unlock. And once you do, it becomes tokens only at that point.
  • @shiggity80 it doesn’t say that anywhere in the game... for every other portal that says “heroes or tokens guaranteed”, you can “unlock” any hero in there. So, if I already have torchy and I do an honor pull for a torchy “unlock”, I get 10 torchy tokens. I can understand that they want a different structure for the vip portal, but it’s not fair to have three of the four heroes IMPOSSIBLE to “unlock” without some kind of warning. Make no mistake: There is NO warning for this.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited November 15
    iysor9pt7g3d.jpeg

Seems quite apparent to me that you only get tokens for this portal pull, and not a hero unlock. That's a good enough warning that no matter how many gems you spend, you will only get tokens. The graphic on the right does not state that the bottom right will guarantee an unlock.

If you look at the other portals, you know which hero you can possibly unlock in the "Portal Heroes" list because it says "Tokens or Full Unlock", even when they change the heroic portal to Legendary only heroes.
    Post edited by Rocksor on
  • jason58jason58 Member
    edited November 15
    @Rocksor k333q64wehcv.png
    Seems pretty apparent to me that “hero or tokens guarenteed” should read “bottom right hero or tokens guarenteed”.
    Seems pretty apparent to me that “hero or tokens guarenteed” should read “bottom right hero or tokens guarenteed”.

That's only if the bottom right hero shown always guaranteed a "Full unlock". I've seen VIP Portals in the past that did not have a full unlock of a character in the bottom right, namely Ferno.

@shiggity80 it doesn’t say that anywhere in the game... for every other portal that says “heroes or tokens guaranteed”, you can “unlock” any hero in there. So, if I already have torchy and I do an honor pull for a torchy “unlock”, I get 10 torchy tokens. I can understand that they want a different structure for the vip portal, but it’s not fair to have three of the four heroes IMPOSSIBLE to “unlock” without some kind of warning. Make no mistake: There is NO warning for this.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you that it is not clearly stated anywhere that you can only get full unlocks in the VIP portal for the bottom right hero and only if you don't already have the hero unlocked. I'm just letting you know that is currently how it works, at least from my experience.
  • Rocksor wrote: »

That's only if the bottom right hero shown always guaranteed a "Full unlock". I've seen VIP Portals in the past that did not have a full unlock of a character in the bottom right, namely Ferno.

When you saw that, did you already have Ferno unlocked?

I'm fairly certain that if you did not have Ferno unlocked yet, you could have gotten a full unlock or tokens for him (if he was the bottom right). If you already had him unlocked, then the VIP portal would have just said "tokens" like it does for Koros currently (if you already have Koros unlocked).
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'll see what we can do about changing the phrasing on the VIP portal, but it has worked this way since it was released almost two years ago.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • BlothBloth Member
    edited November 15
    VIP is 1 the biggest waste of gems in this game. 10 tokens for 400 gems is not good. It became an even bigger waste ( along with the other portals) when they changed how you were guaranteed to get tokens for the hero you did not have maxed. People complained when the rewards for crowns were changed from portal pulls to gems. They did change it back, but screwed us by not adding any new heroes to the portals. VIP will have the new heroes, but the odds of getting tokens are soooooo bad.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Rocksor wrote: »

I'm fairly certain that if you did not have Ferno unlocked yet, you could have gotten a full unlock or tokens for him (if he was the bottom right). If you already had him unlocked, then the VIP portal would have just said "tokens" like it does for Koros currently (if you already have Koros unlocked).

I did not have Ferno unlocked. At the time, the VIP portal showed all Ferno. I tried my first pull and only got Ferno tokens. I checked the hero list and it showed only tokens for ferno. I was able to use the summon button to get Ferno after the second pull.
    shiggity80 wrote: »

I did not have Ferno unlocked. At the time, the VIP portal showed all Ferno. I tried my first pull and only got Ferno tokens. I checked the hero list and it showed only tokens for ferno. I was able to use the summon button to get Ferno after the second pull.

I see. Maybe that was a unique case with all fernos.

But from what I know (and I could very well be wrong), in normal situations, the bottom right hero will be the only one that is capable of a full unlock, granted the player does not have the hero unlocked yet.
  • VIP portal should really just be a shop extension. 400 gems for 10 Solaris token seems like a perq players who spent $100 on this game should have. 400 gems for a CHANCE at 10 tokens is robbery.
  • VIP portal should really just be a shop extension. 400 gems for 10 Solaris token seems like a perq players who spent $100 on this game should have. 400 gems for a CHANCE at 10 tokens is robbery.

They need to revamp A LOT of things, given the changes they've made over the past few months. But totally agree with your post.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

But from what I know (and I could very well be wrong), in normal situations, the bottom right hero will be the only one that is capable of a full unlock, granted the player does not have the hero unlocked yet.

The difference might lie in the VIP portal being open to any VIP customer.

The difference might lie in the VIP portal being open to any VIP customer.

Perhaps.

However, I'm VIP 4, and when the VIP was open to all levels several months ago, Shade was in the bottom right corner. I hadn't unlocked him yet (87/100 tokens or so), and when I looked at the hero list, his said "Full unlock or tokens". I ended up getting a full unlock after 2-3 pulls. After that, he changed to tokens only. When I asked why I can't get more full unlocks, others in my guild said that's just how it works.
  • edited November 15
    My knowledge of the VIP portal learned through playing the game:
    • Only the hero in the bottom right can possibly have a chance of full unlock. All others are always "tokens only"
    • Unlike the heroic portal, the hero in the bottom right reverts to "tokens only" if you already have them unlocked. The full unlock chance only exists when you haven't unlocked/summoned that hero already. If you have that hero already then all 4 slots are tokens only
    • 99.9% of the time you get 9-12 tokens of one of the heroes. VIP10 apparently increases the odds of certain slots and changes the heroes in the top 2 slots? I'm not VIP10 so idk
    • It's the only portal that can give stamina fwiw
    • You'll probably pick up a couple random celestials if you do a few spins there. Chance of celestial isn't bad.
    • If they release a new VIP hero, its worth hitting until you unlock that hero. In all other circumstances you should avoid it entirely.

None of this was ever made clear to me from documentation, helper tips, etc. Just what I've learned by playing and investigating. Would be nice if the descriptions made it clearer for sure.

Though there's many many MANY things in this game that applies to. Like actual numbers for nearly every passive, buff and debuff in the game. Or what happens to crowns when you leave a guild midweek. Or what happens if you start but don't complete your tower before the next day begins. Or what happens when you hit max of <name a resource> and then get more. Etc. etc.

[EDIT] Add zomminions to the list of things it appears we must try to reverse engineer: forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/57121/zomminion-stats#latest
    centralcommand
  • KOROS I AM COMING FOR U SO MY MONSTER TEAM WILL BE COMPLETED
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 15
    VIP portal should really just be a shop extension. 400 gems for 10 Solaris token seems like a perq players who spent $100 on this game should have. 400 gems for a CHANCE at 10 tokens is robbery.

Totally agree.

And for the people who've spent $1000 on the game, 400 gems for a REDUCED CHANCE at 10 Solaris tokens is grand larceny.

Completely unconscionable. The devs should be ashamed of themselves. @Joel @Eej

(More realistically, just Joel, because Eej hasn't logged onto the forum in more than two months. I have a feeling he's hanging out with Joveth up at grandma's farm in the country.)
  • No Solaris today in VIP. Coincidence?

Seems pretty easy to get to me.

2qc67gsq8xp6.png
  • Just saw that.........

But is it true that the bottom right hero listed can be fully unlocked? Even if it says token only? Because that seems to be what everyone is telling me.