Season of the Sloth Rune

Is there a reason the third stat on the rune reward is health and the third star on the rune purchased in the honor shop is defense? Are you not paying the intern programmer enough?
Tagged:

Comments

• Is there a reason the third stat on the rune reward is health and the third star on the rune purchased in the honor shop is defense? Are you not paying the intern programmer enough?

@joel you need to have your guys check the rune stats. You are clearly misleading folks by saying it is health when it actually comes out as defense on the honor shop run.
  • Sadly, I’m guessing it doesn’t matter to them enough to fix it. Despite all the mistakes and egregious oversights they’ve committed to lately, there hasn’t been any semblance of reconciliation or even an attempt at an apology. These kids know that they’re turning the community upside down and play it off like it ain’t no thang.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We are working to get the shop text fixed for the rune.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    We are working to get the shop text fixed for the rune.

The shop text currently says Bonus Attack and Health, which matches what the season rune is.

You're saying you are going to change the shop text to say Defense instead, thus making it different than the season reward rune?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Yes, we are going to keep the rune as is in order to make it consistent for players who have already bought the rune. Plus, I'm told that players generally prefer defense to health.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel Well that's messed up, I purchased something with the expectation of being offered what was promised. you can't go and change the text to match what was offered. If i wanted a Attack, Attack, Defense rune I would have bought one of those, I didn't.

Yes, we are going to keep the rune as is in order to make it consistent for players who have already bought the rune. Plus, I'm told that players generally prefer defense to health.

It depends on how much defense one already has. If someone has a lot of defense already, then health is a better stat. So ideally having this rune be health instead of defense would give you more flexibility to optimize your hero.
  • @Joel wow, this attitude of charging people for one things and offering another with no remorse, is blatantly dishonest. Zero respect for you guys right now.
  • And the greater in the store (can’t see the superior) and the rune reward for the season is still attack attack health.
    Plus, I'm told that players generally prefer defense to health.

Nothing says "fly by the seat of our pants" like an attempt at justifying another mistake.
  • KangKang Member
    Never trust the rune description text--go to Boss 100 and personally examine the rune you will be purchasing.
  • Kang wrote: »
    Never trust the rune description text--go to Boss 100 and personally examine the rune you will be purchasing.

This rune was different than the boss 100 rune. The boss 100 rune matched the text.
  • @kang yup as Matt said, the rune description did match the boss 100 rune, what we got was something else. They hav exchanged the description, so now the rune you can buy is not the boss 100 rune, I’m curious if the rune granted to those players will be as advertised.
  • ODPODP Member
    Joel wrote: »

Please help me understand what's going on here. It would seem to me that you're indicating the Honor Shop Rune would stay attack attack defense, and you would alter the text, but instead what's happened in the rune just purchased is that the text is now right, and its attack attack health... at least for the greater rune. Are they meant to be different?
  • ODP wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Please help me understand what's going on here. It would seem to me that you're indicating the Honor Shop Rune would stay attack attack defense, and you would alter the text, but instead what's happened in the rune just purchased is that the text is now right, and its attack attack health... at least for the greater rune. Are they meant to be different?

Only the superior honor shop rune was mislabeled so it was updated to match the rune being purchased.
  • @ODP Who actually knows. And from previous experience @joel, @eej or whomever will not respond in any meaningful way.
  • Kudos for naming this season appropriately, DB.
  • bwubbwub Member
    So why not a simple “sorry, we labeled it wrong” and then FIX THE DESCRIPTIONS ?
  • bwub wrote: »
    So why not a simple “sorry, we labeled it wrong” and then FIX THE DESCRIPTIONS ?

That's exactly what they did...
  • I don’t see the words sorry or apologize anywhere... Yes, we are going to keep the rune as is in order to make it consistent for players who have already bought the rune. Plus, I'm told that players generally prefer defense to health.

• It you where to buy a package for 10 Ella tokens and they gave you 10 dagrund tokens, would that be fine?
  • Wolfreich wrote: »
    It you where to buy a package for 10 Ella tokens and they gave you 10 dagrund tokens, would that be fine?

The post clearly implied they needed to "fix the description" which is what occurred.

As for your example - I would say that if I bought 10 rogar tokens and got 10 marrow tokens instead... I'd probably just walk away happy. Which is what everyone in my guild did. "Hey this rune has defense!! Sweet!".
  • That’s an opinion. You’re entitled to it, I went in looking to buy the same rune the boss 100 get, which is what was advertised, and I did not. They did not apologize in anyway, in fact he insinuated that people wanting health o an rune instead of defense are wrong. Thus basically insulting people, which is against the terms of service of the forum. And we can’t flag mod posts because, reasons.
  • WolfreichWolfreich Member
    edited November 21
    And my example gave two nearly equal things such as defense and health, don’t put words in my mouth it’s dishonest and insulting, if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation please don’t create straw men arguments.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited November 21
    Joel certainly never insinuated anything. He merely said he was told that typically defense is preferred over health. (He was told this) That is a true statement... Just check out many top players have life runes over bulwark runes. How you construed that as "insulting people" is completely beyond me.

Either way - if you have an issue with what you received, take it up with CS. We already know they can't retroactively change runes, or create rune to give them out. I suppose you could make a video of you deleting the rune that you bought and ask for 60k honor - But then I have a strong feeling you'd go and purchase the rune that you are currently complaining about.

Finally - I never put any words in your mouth. You are literally making things up about everyone to fit your narrative.

TLDR: Nothing more is going to happen - everything that HAS happened has been clarified. It's unfortunate that you disagree with the majority of the top-end playerbase, but most people would consider this a fortunate mistake.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 21
    I was thankful for the Defense version. It's definitely the preferable version currently. I was a little bummed that the Greater version included Health instead of Defense.

I was kinda hoping they'd fix their mistake and send us the Health version as well, just in case Health ends up being more useful than Defense when they nuke Damage Reduction. But oh well.
  • I was hoping they would fix the mistake by allowing us to buy the health version for another 60k. For those of us who bought the defense version already, too bad. Personally, I'm glad to have the defense version, and I'd gladly pay another 60k honor for the health version too.
  • Too late. Guess we will just have to receive it for free at the end of the season. ;)
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Too late. Guess we will just have to receive it for free at the end of the season. ;)

Free aka over 600 raids and far too many hours.