Another Ekko skin?!

You got to be freaking kidding me. DB could do better than this! How about catching up with the epics!!!

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Skins have always been a reward for these sort of guild events.

Also Nitpick has 2 skins so I don’t see the big issue. I’m actually really happy Ekko’s getting a skin that isn’t holiday-themed.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • i like skins for these events
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Yes Nitpik has two skins (which I think was a bad decision anyway), but lots of heroes haven't got one.

Overall from the event, which I generally enjoyed as much as anyone can enjoy grinding hundreds of PvP battles, a skin I wont be using, some tokens but I'm still short on 4* for Marrow, and a rune that isn't all it could be because my guild didn't get top ten. Plus I picked up Ignus' skin and some materials.

Not a terrible event, but just not really memorable for its generosity.
    Yeah but Nitpick and Ekko’s alternate skins are holiday themed. Some people really don’t like those skins.

I don’t care what order heroes get skins in as long as they get skins. I’m really excited about this one.

I think the Reptiles should get skins soon, though. Perhaps the next Boss Invasion.
  • It looks way better than the spooky one, so I'm happy.
  • It requires a lot more planning and testing to make an epic. A skin is much easier, and can be made fairly quickly, which is needed for these events. Plus, an epic for a guild game reward would be kind of weird.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I like the first skin they made for ekko and I don't see it as a holiday skin. I hate most of the holiday skins otherwise. If you got to make a skin for the event, make it for someone who doesn't have one. Of course, any skin for ekko seems to be a waste since I don't recognize anybody who actually plays him.
    jimwymr wrote: »
    I like the first skin they made for ekko and I don't see it as a holiday skin. I hate most of the holiday skins otherwise. If you got to make a skin for the event, make it for someone who doesn't have one. Of course, any skin for ekko seems to be a waste since I don't recognize anybody who actually plays him.

Well aren't you a Pessimist Perry! What do you mean the holiday skins aren't cool? Pumpkin Furnace, Toy Soldier Valkin, Gingerbread Rocky, Lovely Lady Nimrel, Ugly Sweater Kozar... the list goes on. Spooky Ekko's skin is definitely a holiday skin. It came out last Halloween, and is based on the stereotype of kids putting bedsheets over themselves to look like ghosts. I definitely like it, but it seems silly. This skin is much cooler and more serious.

I honestly don't mind if they give a hero 2 skins. Like I said, Nitpick already had 2. I don't think they should give all the heroes who currently have skins a second skin if there's still heroes who don't, of course... But it's a nice change of pace. Maybe every 3 or 4 skins, a hero who has a holiday skin could get a "serious" skin. Or a hero who doesn't have a holiday skin but does have a "serious" skin could get one. Just as long as every hero who doesn't have a skin gets one eventually, I'm happy.
  • jimwymr wrote: »
    I like the first skin they made for ekko and I don't see it as a holiday skin. I hate most of the holiday skins otherwise. If you got to make a skin for the event, make it for someone who doesn't have one. Of course, any skin for ekko seems to be a waste since I don't recognize anybody who actually plays him.

I guess you've never encountered a DR ekko before...
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom

Ekko's amazing for PvE too. Get his Epic leveled up. Endless energy for days. Plus he can hit kinda hard now with his new abilities. In PvP he's not as useful, but I see him every now and then. Either for DR as Broom said, or to give the enemy team a bit of energy after they've all used their first abilities.
  • jimwymr wrote: »

Ekko's amazing for PvE too. Get his Epic leveled up. Endless energy for days. Plus he can hit kinda hard now with his new abilities. In PvP he's not as useful, but I see him every now and then. Either for DR as Broom said, or to give the enemy team a bit of energy after they've all used their first abilities.

Sorry you're not recognized though! You're not There! You're just a ghost...a spooky ghost!

Sorry you're not recognized though! You're not There! You're just a ghost...a spooky ghost!

I'm the last guru apparently, haunting the forums... ooOOOooo
  • I just want to throw this out there: beyond the fact that Ekko has two skins, he also has an epic which significantly changes his appearance. That gives the all-important Ekko a total of four cosmetic options.

(Also, Ekko is top-tier for PvP at level 70.)