Introducing Cruel King Bramble's Epic: The Main Clubba!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited November 21 in General Discussion
g3niist9rtt4.png

His Royal Cruelness has had his most skilled Goblin weaponsmiths forge him a fancy new hammer that will allow him to smash any and all enemies of the crown!

The Main Clubba increases Brambles ATK, Health, and Skill. Whenever he does an Epic Attack, deals 2x damage and starts or refreshes a Goblin Dance Party after the attack. He also gets Critical Goblin Stench which makes all Goblin allies attack a random enemy when Bramble lands a critical hit.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• The real question is: What materials are needed to craft it?
  • What does the new passive do?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    What does the new passive do?

If you're referring to Goblin Gusto, that's related to the Goblin Rune War event. It makes Goblins take less damage from physical attacks and lets them deal 2x damage against Dwarfs and Elves.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Nabbed it on my first run - neat!

I can confirm that it requires nature materials to craft/level. Yay! But no pats-on-the-back for doing what's expected of you, yes? Let's shoot for 2 epics in a row with proper materials!

The new passive causes all goblins to attack a random enemy when Bramble crits.
  • resources are all correct :)
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • The Epic already makes running the Green Legendary Dungeon much easier - but I'm curious to see what this changes for PvP? I'm not PvP savvy, so I'll wait for others to chime in. ;)
  • That was fun. When’s the next epic coming out? :wink:
    wzbc1ha7s3sy.png
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited November 21
    Am I missing something here? Unlike the manual ability, the dance party buff provided by the epic only lasts until the end of the turn in which you gain it. So your fast heroes don’t get to use it, and any normal speed heroes that go before bramble don’t get to use it. Makes it pretty useless.
  • Am I missing something here? Unlike the manual ability, the dance party buff provided by the epic only lasts until the end of the turn in which you gain it. So your fast heroes don’t get to use it, and any normal speed heroes that go before bramble don’t get to use it. Makes it pretty useless.

So 4 heroes, 2 fast, 1 normal, last one Bramble... and no one gets buffed? That's near about worthless.

• kalamadea wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Unlike the manual ability, the dance party buff provided by the epic only lasts until the end of the turn in which you gain it. So your fast heroes don’t get to use it, and any normal speed heroes that go before bramble don’t get to use it. Makes it pretty useless.

So 4 heroes, 2 fast, 1 normal, last one Bramble... and no one gets buffed? That's near about worthless.

Yet another well-thought out epic by DB.
  • Branble already has 50% crit chance with no runes.. why would skill be an epic component? Or does it affect other synergies / goblin buffs?
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • Branble already has 50% crit chance with no runes.. why would skill be an epic component? Or does it affect other synergies / goblin buffs?

I didn't even notice that.. the guy is a tank.. whose epic gives him attack, health, and skill. And yes, he's already sitting at max Crit without any boost from skill.

Shouldn't get he something more like.. defense? Something that would give him an actual boost and works with his class...

@Joel @DB_Dillion

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Well darn. Was hoping this would mean a Goblin team Rework. Zomm gets an Epic and the Undead got a Rework, I figured the Goblins needed some love too. They’ve been useless far longer than the Undead have.

Maybe some day...
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • DB_DillonDB_Dillon Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited November 21
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Branble already has 50% crit chance with no runes.. why would skill be an epic component? Or does it affect other synergies / goblin buffs?

I didn't even notice that.. the guy is a tank.. whose epic gives him attack, health, and skill. And yes, he's already sitting at max Crit without any boost from skill.

Shouldn't get he something more like.. defense? Something that would give him an actual boost and works with his class...

@Joel @DB_Dillion

Skill makes his buffs better, his heals better. Basically makes him a bit better at the tank/buffer role, and better at parties, which you'll see a lot more of now.

a fix for the duration of his dance party triggering on the epic is coming out soon as well. :)
    edited November 21
    @DB_Dillon Any plans to buff the Goblin team like you did with the Undead? I don’t mean soon, just ever. I really appreciate the Undead buff and thought this would finally be the event where the Goblins make a comeback as well.

I’m sure it takes a long time and Halloween was less than a month ago, so I’m not upset. Just curious if it’s something you guys are considering.
  • DB_DillonDB_Dillon Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @DB_Dillon Any plans to buff the Goblin team like you did with the Undead? I don’t mean soon, just ever. I really appreciate the Undead buff and thought this would finally be the event where the Goblins make a comeback as well.

I’m sure it takes a long time and Halloween was less than a month ago, so I’m not upset. Just curious if it’s something you guys are considering.

Ever? Yes. I'd like to bring all our heroes into a state of pve/pvp viability. We have a fair few heroes that could use a bit of love.
    DB_Dillon wrote: »

Ever? Yes. I'd like to bring all our heroes into a state of pve/pvp viability. We have a fair few heroes that could use a bit of love.

Oh, that’s actually a really nice response, thanks!
  • CreamBanan69CreamBanan69 Member
    edited November 22
    Am I the only one that liked his actual hammer and thought its cool ?, it doesn't quite fit his goofy style but i liked that green.

I was honestly happy when i saw goblin event i thought they getting some love,guess not huh well i hope soon,maybe we will see some monsters love too ( not to koros tho).
  • DB_Dillon wrote: »

It's refreshing to hear this, I mean that sincerely.

Also, the Epic design is quite nice visually - I was unsure from the initial picture, but seeing it on his model, it looks great.
  • DB_Dillon wrote: »

so maybe a chance at a viable light team soon?
  • Overlord's Blitz made first move = viable in pvp :wink:
  • So at max epic, the goblins have a 30% chance of being viable in pvp?
    I’m still holding to my idea that Bramble or Zurk should have a ‘Goblin war flag’ passive where they start the dungeon with Haste. Not only would it give them better survivability, but increase their first turn damage as well. Koros would still be able to wipe the floor with them, but every team needs a counter.
  • Joel wrote: »
    coneyK wrote: »
    The real question is: What materials are needed to craft it?

Not Pyre Embers.

Except it requires Green etched bars.
    Guess what they need?

And it would be nice if you included a description of what exactly 'morale' is considering Branble's epic increases it and no one has ever said what exactly it does.
  • I got Brambles epic but hadn’t unlocked it yet. How is the epic passive different from his regular passive stench?

Thanks in advance
  • @itirnitii that is great work
    Fadeyr wrote: »
    I got Brambles epic but hadn’t unlocked it yet. How is the epic passive different from his regular passive stench?

Thanks in advance

His new passive works the same as before. But now when Bramble gets a Crit, not only does he attack a random enemy, he rallies in all Goblin allies to attack a random enemy. Imagine a mini Lupina Epic attack, but for Goblins.

It’s actually pretty powerful in PvE. Just a thing to note, Goblin allies that were called to attack won’t get an extra hit if they Crit. Which is fair. Would be pretty horrifying if they did.
  • goblins on auto are now as fast as beasts for campaign mode. too bad they are all still slower than kobal. beasts were still necessary because of fast enemies. i don't see a spot for goblins.