Leaving a reviewed icon

This forum has always been a place where ideas go to die. At least it feels like that. How about adding a reviewed so the community knows our voices are actually being heard instead of the MFG getting all the attention
9gJSaHl.gif
Tagged:

Comments

• what is "MFG " ?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    "MFG" is the Meta Focus Group. Also, I'm sorry you think that the forum has always been a place where ideas go to die, @wzang. We absolutely read every comment that is posted here, so adding a "reviewed" icon wouldn't really be practical, as it would be on every discussion. We are doing our best to help people understand that they are in fact being heard, and will be starting guild summits again to further improve communication with players. I'm open to suggestions, but I don't think a reviewed icon would really be useful. After all, players could just accuse us of adding the reviewed icon to discussions but not actually reading them if they feel they aren't being heard, and we'd be essentially in the situation we are in right now (where you do not feel that we are actually reading and reviewing comments).

Please keep in mind that we might look at a comment and say "that's a great idea!" and want to do something with it, but there could be any number of reasons that we can't act on the idea immediately, or even if we can, it might take a while to implement, and we can't always talk about specifics of things going on behind the scenes. But rest assured that you are being heard, and your feedback here does make a difference.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @joel how about a list of changes/updates you guys have in the pipeline. I think we feel our suggestions are not being heard because we have no idea what updates you guys are planning on.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
    An ongoing list of changes/updates creates its own set of problems. It runs the risk of creating expectations that can't be met and would be a commitment that we would be held to and would prevent us from being able to innovate or improvise. Also, keep in mind that we have plenty of ideas and changes that we haven't announced because we want them to be surprises or are still figuring out specifics, and creating a public document of plans that is incomplete won't do any good.

I do my best to comment on threads with bugs to make sure people know that we're working on fixing them, but I can't give specifics on the 'when' because of how many variables go into patches and releases. For the most part, I can't really comment on particular pieces of feedback past "we'll consider it" because if it's something we plan on doing, I don't want to make promises we can't keep (or we might even have a similar idea in the works), and even if there is a suggestion for something that isn't viable now, I don't want to say "we won't/can't", because things may change that make it viable down the line.

We certainly want to be as transparent as possible, and I've resumed posting even the most minor of patch notes, but a big 'to do' list isn't really in the cards, sorry.
  • Absolutely agree with @wzang and @Drocas. I don’t feel we are heard on the forums. Telling us that we are being heard counts for little. I want better communication.

3 simple ways to achieve better communication:

1) give us big picture plans. Tell us what’s in the pipeline. We understand plans change and development takes time. Don’t worry about disappointing us on this front. For instance, are you working on new game modes or campaign levels? Is hero sorting still in the works? Any plan for updating VIP rewards?

2) maintain an error log. Let us know what bugs are on your radar and let us know if it is low, medium or high priority.

3) maintain a change log. EVERY change, big or small, should be included in the change log. Nothing sews distrust like the community finding stealth changes.

Please consider.

• wzangwzang Member
    Fair enough, thanks for replying @Joel

I understand the legality side of this as well.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Two step fix.

1) Do more patch notes. On everything.

2) Before every patch that was made because of complaints/issues brought up by us, the community, put 'By popular request' or something like that. That way we'll know what you guys actually listen to. It will help us focus our feedback more, too.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Hi @joel I think we all like surprises and don't want them to be ruined.

What i'm personally looking for is a high level plan. For example.

Q1 - Add portal counts/VIP improvement/hero sorting/saving teams
    Q2- Update to tower/add boss mode
    Q3 - Cool awesome surprises
    Q4 - Christmas break leave us alone

In my opinion this gives us something to look forward to.

The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
    Absolutely agree with @wzang and @Drocas. I don’t feel we are heard on the forums. Telling us that we are being heard counts for little. I want better communication.

3 simple ways to achieve better communication:

1) give us big picture plans. Tell us what’s in the pipeline. We understand plans change and development takes time. Don’t worry about disappointing us on this front. For instance, are you working on new game modes or campaign levels? Is hero sorting still in the works? Any plan for updating VIP rewards?

2) maintain an error log. Let us know what bugs are on your radar and let us know if it is low, medium or high priority.

3) maintain a change log. EVERY change, big or small, should be included in the change log. Nothing sews distrust like the community finding stealth changes.

Please consider.

1) Summits will help with 'big picture plans', and the summit notes will be publicly available.
    2) We naturally have such logs internally, but this is something that really isn't practical to post publicly.
    3) I've begun posting patch notes every day (or at least every day that we make changes), which essentially fulfills this request.