No credit for questing

I find when I turn the game back on and it hasn't reloaded and continues playing since the last activity that quests will not be credited after a reset.

For example, three pvp quests and store purchase will not credit. When you reboot, the quests remain with no change but you can gain credit from that point on.
9gJSaHl.gif
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @wzang, I'm a bit confused about the circumstances here. When you say you "turn the game back on and it hasn't reloaded and continues playing", do you mean you completed quests then put your device into sleep mode, woke it back up, and continued playing?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • This is a repeatable issue. I’ve sent it in before. If you leave the game in PvP and the device goes into sleep mode, when you wake up after reset and start to play the game without exiting out of the PVP screen the matches will not count for the quests. You have to exit out of the PvP screen and re enter to be able to get credit for the quests.
    I'm not seeing this happen. What devices are you using?
  • wzangwzang Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @wzang, I'm a bit confused about the circumstances here. When you say you "turn the game back on and it hasn't reloaded and continues playing", do you mean you completed quests then put your device into sleep mode, woke it back up, and continued playing?

Yea
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • wzangwzang Member

I'm on a i5c don't make fun of me :'( :'(
    9gJSaHl.gif
    wzang wrote: »

I'm on a i5c don't make fun of me :'( :'(

I'm on 5s, not much different. :tongue:

And this happens with 100% consistency for you? If your phone falls asleep in the middle of a raid, it won't count quest progress?
  • wzangwzang Member
    I'll recreate it next time and post screenshots.

If I don't play now until after reset and I go back in and the game hasn't restarted any quest I do will get zero credit. Easy to show in screenshots. I'll complete 3 raids and show the quest screen
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I can confirm this and have sent in two tickets. I just make sure I exit out before I start to raid.
    I’m on an IPhone 7. It doesn’t have to be in the middle of a raid just in the PvP area. Then when you go back into the game after reset and start to raid you won’t get any credit for it.

The 2nd I did it I figured out what was happened I emailed a ticket to customer service to explain how it was happening they told me to just make sure to close out all apps.

Hope this helps.
    edited December 5
    To be clear, this is just from the device falling asleep, not from actually closing the game? Also, you keep saying, "after reset", I thought you were talking about the game restarting, do you actually mean a new day starting in the game?
  • Yes the new day starting in the game when the quests reset.
  • wzangwzang Member
    Yes new day. Sorry for the confusion.

Correct, not restarting the game. Like the game going in standby mode while I switch out or stop using my phone.
    9gJSaHl.gif
    Did you see this happen with an event quest or a daily quest? When daily quests refresh, it's technically a new quest altogether, so if you start a raid before the quest exists, it won't count the raid. However, if this is happening for an event quest that spans multiple days, then there's a problem.
  • I have not seen it count for an event quest. Only dailies.
    Before the daily quests reset go into PvP. You do not need to be in a match. Let the device time out into sleep mode. Once the day has reset go back into the game an attempt PvP raids. They will not count towards the new quests.
  • wzangwzang Member
    What he said. It's the dailies, I did 4 straight raids on a new day and didn't notice the completion. Went to verify, 0/3 and no other related pvp quest (armored, red, etc.)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I've had this happen several times as I tend to play before bed near reset. It is the dailies, not event quests. It got so common even if I pull out to the town screen and see the new daily event alerts come up I still force quit and restart the app so it does not happen. probably overkill, but I've been burned enough.
    Gotcha, thanks for all the clarifications! I'll make sure this gets looked at. :)