Jingle bells, Grog-Gnog smells, Solaris laid an egg. Goretusk crushes enemies under heel, and King Bramble got away!
Today marks the beginning of a two-week long event of snowy goodness!
A few important things about Winterfest:
- Winterfest will last 1516 days, from Wednesday, December 20th until Thursday, January 3rd4th!
- Winterfest will revolve around 'wreaths', just as Haunted Halls revolves around candy corn. Wreaths can be found all over the game, and running dungeons with heroes wearing alternate skins will double the number of wreaths you get.
- There is a guild event associated with Winterfest that is similar to the one from Haunted Halls/Nightmare Before Winterfest. It is based on the number of wreaths your guild collects, and the rankings are not competitive. If you reach the threshold for a certain prize level, that is what your guild will get. We designed the event based on feedback from guild summit chats, and player participation data from last year's Winterfest.
- Winterfest will have a 'calendar' of 14 doors, just like last year. The calendar behaves exactly the same way it did last year. Each door can be opened with a bronze, silver, or gold key. Each key will result in the door paying out different loot. The loot that you can get with each key will be clearly shown.
- General payout structure for doors: Using a bronze key will grant 2 things. Using a silver key will increase the payout of those two things PLUS give one additional things. Using a gold key will increase the payouts of the three things the silver key pays out PLUS 2 additional things.
- If you are in a guild, 50 wreaths will be sent to everyone in your guild every time you use a gold key. This is not listed on the door, but you can see who has gotten wreaths for your guild by checking the guild chat.
- You will start the event with one of each type of key. You can earn a bronze key each day from quests, and a gold key from the quests on one of the days. You can also purchase one gold key using wreaths.
- You can only open door 1 on day 1. On day 2, you can open door 1 and 2, but can only open door 2 if you've opened door 1. This continues until day 14.
- On day 14, if you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order you want.
- Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star our brand new hero, Goretusk! You can read all about him HERE!
- The Winterfest shop will be extended a day longer than the event itself to give players a chance to spend all their wreaths.
There are tons of skins available in the shop, but what's Winterfest without a few new ones? This year's Winterfest skins are Holly Day Lily, and Plushie Pal Goretusk! That's right, we've given him an alternate skin right out of the gate! Both feature fun sound effects when they're hit in battle.