Special Runes

I have noticed that there is no way we can see the attributes of a special rune (i.e. Festive Runes or Guild Runes). I was playing PvP, and noticed that one player had a Greater Guild Rune. However, I had no way of knowing what stats the Guild Rune affected, as I was not around when the event to obtain tis (haha, get it? Tis... as in tis the season. I crack myself up) rune took place. @Joel

Comments

• Thats what makes them so good. the opponent cant tell if your defensively runed or offensively. They're intended to be like that.
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Thats what makes them so good. the opponent cant tell if your defensively runed or offensively. They're intended to be like that.

That doesn't really make any sense. The game is relatively transparent with basic stats up until these special runes. Why give an advantage to players who joined before X event and were able to obtain X rune?
  • There are plenty of normal runes that give either attack or defense stats, like vampiric or champion.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Thats what makes them so good. the opponent cant tell if your defensively runed or offensively. They're intended to be like that.

This is completely untrue. The reason you can't see it has to do with UI complexity and nothing to do with ambiguity on the defense part. I believe the devs would show all rune stats if it was possible within an intuitive UI design, but it's actually a very difficult obstacle to tackle.
  • i'm with @MattCauthron on this one.
    in fact, I believe EEJ mentioned in a summit that the end goal was to give full rune disclosure, but that its just super difficult and not a priority.

Best bet for now is to look at your own runes and make a cheat sheet of those pvp runes so you can best guess what the heck duelist vs champion means.
    Others like Guild rune, bulwark, power, incineration, guardian, survivor, desctruction, etc are all pretty obvious if you as me.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?