Dungeon boss references

2»

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I thought Lich Slap was a World of Warcraft ref...
    I thought Lich Slap was a World of Warcraft ref...

Liches existed waaaayyy before WoW. And if you don't get what it's a reference to, you'll know when you're older. :smile:
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • The Dim Mak

NSFW Language

• pyguyofdoompyguyofdoom Member
    edited October 2017
    nimriel's the only i can remember

nimriel's first special is 'get over here' which refers to scorpion's legendary move and phrase where basically he throws a harpoon like blade that impales their opponent so he can lug them to scorpion for an easy hit

very much like how nimriel uses a harpoon-like arrow to draw the target towards her for a massive uppercut blow

29vftfd5sn5p.png

• ThundRThundR Member
    Marrow is a reference to bone marrow
    Solaris is a reference to sol meaning Sun in Latin and the fact that Solaris is a fire type
    You know if anyone abuses me, I can find their I.P. Right?
  • heelerheeler Member
    My favorite: There is an enemy angel in one of the dungeons named Capra. A reference to Frank Capra who directed It's a Wonderful Life. See, you have to be really old to get this one.
  • heelerheeler Member
    There is also an enemy boss named Rose Devereaux, a mashup of two of the Golden Girls, Rose Nyland and Blanche Devereaux. Again, advanced age helps with this one.
  • There's the boss mode dungeon, "Goblin Walkers" which features undead, ice themed goblins, a clear reference to the white walkers from Game Of Thrones.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 6
    There’s a level with an enemy boss angel named San Adria, probably a reference to San Andreas, the location.

There’s also one named San Agatha. I’m not 100% sure on this, but it may be based off the location Sant’Agata.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Most of the Japanese themed characters have names based around their personality and playstyle:

Kira means "light", because you know, he's a light ninja

Yokozuna is a title in sumo wrestiling, meaning grand champion

Hansuke is a combination for the words "friend" and "aid", representing his loyalty and use of immortality to protect others

Takumi means "artisan", as he treats his sword as an artist's tool

and on a side note:
    I'm fairly sure Lupina's name just simply derives from the latin word Lupus, which just straight up means "wolf", but considering Spanish developed from Latin, it's easy to see where Jack was coming from.
  • So it seems this gg's scavenger hunt is based around video game quotes not exactly sure about the first quest, but here's a few that I do know (so far)

Show me your moves is a common quote from F-Zero's main protagonist, captain falcon, and one of his taunts in the smash bros series

War, war never changes is the big motto of the fallout franchise

I'll be honest, killing you is hard is a quote from the portal 2 with its main antagonist, Glados referring to how'd it be easier to just let you free.

More on the way, just gotta get this current quest done...
2»