Wow towers a bit crazy now

Floor 10 Solaris team. Gg with epic all must have been runed to the hilt. Could not scratch em with my 28k shade kolbold Astrid zomm team. All with epicslvl 8-10 all runes 199+.

They took crap for damage when I did hit and evaded about 70% of the time

Just a bit over the top
After sending that team and a topped out back up team of han, yorik, OE and brom. I did kill gortusk and get Julius down to about half.

Gonna go rethink my teams again but this is way op

How about a free re rune day so we can get some testing done devs?

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    The tower is a bit crazy. But now that I have Goretusk, I don’t have to worry about level 62 heroes one shotting my rune Level 70. I run it with Shade, SB, Goretusk, and Zomm. Most days those four complete by themselves.
  • What happened to the tower?!? I'm level 46 and mid-skilled and usually had a shot at level 9 or 10. I was done by level 6. Really ?!?
  • My level 43 hasn't seen much of a change in the tower.
  • darrendarren Member
    Tower is definitely harder now. Some days are reasonable (i.e. challenging) and some days are just nuts. I have to use the PvP ace team such as full beast to beat the tower.
    Meeting a full beast teams with Solaris is quite challenging. They always revive !!!
  • The Tower is broken.

The defenses have runes. You do not.

They aren't acknowledging the fact, but it's quite obvious that something is very wrong.
  • darrendarren Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    The Tower is broken.

The defenses have runes. You do not.

They aren't acknowledging the fact, but it's quite obvious that something is very wrong.

Fatcat, are our heroes without rune during tower ? I thought we still have them..
  • It doesn't appear to be the case.

Originally we had them, but the defenses didn't. When they added runes to the defenses, it appears to have broken it for our side.

So we take way more damage than we should, die easier than we should, and don't do nearly enough damage to heroes several levels less and at lower stars than our own heroes.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 9
    I just finished a tower with Solaris teams on levels 5, 7, 8, 9 and 11. Even made one bad strategy decision which cost me.

When they first added runes I was so frustrated I just about gave up. I gave one last wail of anguish in the forums and got a nice reply outlining some strategies and some team ideas, including hitting Solaris hard if all else fails. I'm still studying how enemy Solaris works, and really need to think of better ways to use my own Solaris, but I'm finally starting to have some success with teams and strategies, at least at level 70.

I cam usually beat the tower most days that I try, although it takes a time commitment and I have to focus.

It's not pretty, but it can be done, at least at level 70. Thankfully I've built a stable of heavy hitters for the "if all else fails".

it seems like having a well-rounded roster works well for the tower but hurts in pvp. That just seems dumb to me - you'd think it would be in DB's best interest to encourage us to build and rune as many heroes as possible.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    It doesn't appear to be the case.

Originally we had them, but the defenses didn't. When they added runes to the defenses, it appears to have broken it for our side.

So we take way more damage than we should, die easier than we should, and don't do nearly enough damage to heroes several levels less and at lower stars than our own heroes.

I'm not seeing this.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 9
    Tonight, I had a level 63 one shot my Shade through Shrouded. I ran the level over and over until SB accidentally cleared the floor.

My well runed level 70s Torchy and SB were doing minimal damage to his level 63 Leo — 3k per hit. Even Epic Crits were only hitting for 8k. That seems low to me.
  • RexobRexob Member
    I've had a few fights where my 6* Shade + max Epic & 5800 ATK have failed to kill heroes 6lvs below it. I've also had heroes 6lvs+ below nearly wipe out my teams. I used to Full Auto the tower, it seems like random runes work now.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • It seems that Tower runs have become wildly inconsistent. I waltzed through the Tower today as if the defenders were not runed at all. Maybe part of the issue is due to the level of attack and defense power the best runes bring to the table and the randomness of the defenders assigned, the combat revamp may change this. It would be interesting to remove runes from both sides for a couple of weeks at least to see if anything changes.
  • darrendarren Member
    I tested the tower again.. I feel that we still have the runes. My heroes with runes still perform better than others.
    I just think that defense with runes take lesser damages with their defensive runes.. Moreover, we lose a lot of the 4th rune's attribute that is specific to PvP.. All the Tactic rune's 4th that reduce damages in PvP does not apply in the Tower..
  • If it hasnt already been noted.. you can confirm if the runes are active with the corrupted heart runes.. whatever they’re called... it gives the yellow def buff or the blue regen buff.

I doubt db would exclude certian stats from certain runes.. either they all work or none work.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited January 9
    PVE or PVP fourth stats should not be live in the Tower, regardless.