Combat Revamp - Discussion

So who's been playing since the new Combat Revamp went live earlier today?

What do you think?

(Unfortunately I have to wait until I get home tonight to download it and check it out) :/

Thoughts?

First impressions?
Tagged:

Comments

• So we get a free Runes Unequip that is available for the next 3 days, for us to figure out what we want to do. But once activated, it's only good for 2 hours to get it all done. Kinda expecting more there...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Even though I know it doesn’t mean much, since every hero essentially got buffed stat-wise, it’s satisfying seeing all my heroes have really high numbers across the board.

My Rogar is now more powerful (stat-wise) than any hero I had before this update. Which is pretty awesome.

My most powerful heroes before the update just have godlike stats now.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • I dislike how healing does seemingly a minuscule amount of health now.
  • Vince00Vince00 Member
    edited January 10
    I’ve noticed the math doesn’t seem to work. 1379 skill at 63% should equal 2247.8. My screen shot shows different. 1j9ahhlbybpk.png

I know this is small, but it increases in error as you add more runes.

*** upon further tinkering I think it’s because the bonus is actual 62.5% and the game screen is rounding it up to 63%
  • My Zomm, which is 5 stars and doesnt event have my BEST runes has 8k attack.... NICE
  • @Joel If im correct you said stars also affect rune stats as well right?
  • And on a unrelated note, Marrows Negatively Charged does not affect the energy of heroes on defense. If they start fully powered, then an exaust should force them to use their basic attacks for 1 turn depending on how much energy loss, like how Bovus used to do with his special. Please fix this, it'll make one of the most recent heroes remotely useful in PvP.
  • Vince00 wrote: »
    I’ve noticed the math doesn’t seem to work. 1379 skill at 63% should equal 2247.8. My screen shot shows different. 1j9ahhlbybpk.png

*** upon further tinkering I think it’s because the bonus is actual 62.5% and the game screen is rounding it up to 63%

may i ask how you have 38,330 gems?
  • honestly i would have liked to have some forewarning of the impending change, to mull about theoretical changes, instead of forcing the update live in the middle of a PVP season.
  • AtizZAtizZ Member
    Derision wrote: »
    honestly i would have liked to have some forewarning of the impending change, to mull about theoretical changes, instead of forcing the update live in the middle of a PVP season.

They said it’ll be around the 10th
    Im fine with it during this season
    ..:: Level Capped ::..
  • @Vince00 yep. It's 62.5%, but rounded to 63% for display. Humorously the base skill must also be a fractional decimal being rounded up for display Because 1379 * 1.625 would be rounded up to 2241 instead.
  • Derision wrote: »
    Vince00 wrote: »

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

Patience, dedication , 0$ spent
    If only it didn’t take 12,000 extra Skill to increase any single thing by a noticeable amount.

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

You can't be at VIP 6 with $0 spent
  • wzangwzang Member
    DaddysGirl wrote: »

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

Truth but doesn't mean they don't spend cash anymore. Before combat revamp a majority of end game players were spending zero gems for months. Allowing tower and dailies to build up
    9gJSaHl.gif

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

You could save up that many gems from the tower. It'd take forever, but you could do it.
  • danacdanac Member
    Even though I know it doesn’t mean much, since every hero essentially got buffed stat-wise, it’s satisfying seeing all my heroes have really high numbers across the board.

My Rogar is now more powerful (stat-wise) than any hero I had before this update. Which is pretty awesome.

My most powerful heroes before the update just have godlike stats now.
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    And on a unrelated note, Marrows Negatively Charged does not affect the energy of heroes on defense. If they start fully powered, then an exaust should force them to use their basic attacks for 1 turn depending on how much energy loss, like how Bovus used to do with his special. Please fix this, it'll make one of the most recent heroes remotely useful in PvP.

This works for offense too.
    Those ecco clones that exhaust you int he campaign only take one energy away which is restored at the *beginning* of the heroes' next turn.
  • danacdanac Member

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

But I have more gold than you, nyah.

Might have had as many gems but I spent 20 k on solaris ferno, and Goretusk.
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited January 10

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

Been playing for 2+ years, I'm vip 6 from back when I bought pignius and icebloom tokens , and a few monthly gems (3months) ... really thought you'd figure this out... I spent 0$ on that 70k+ gems (the monthly had long since been spent) ;)

@danac :p do you do gold island every day consistently?
  • RexobRexob Member
    Joel wrote: »
    tthebone wrote: »
    I dislike how healing does seemingly a minuscule amount of health now.

Have you tried equipping more skill runes? :)

@Joel have you? The amount of skill required to get any decent amount of healing, ~2k per target, is enormous...
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Rexob wrote: »

@Joel have you? The amount of skill required to get any decent amount of healing, ~2k per target, is enormous...

Agreed. Is there ever an instance where you will trade another stat (Atk, Def, Crit, etc) for Skill and have it be worth it?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited January 10
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Rexob wrote: »

Agreed. Is there ever an instance where you will trade another stat (Atk, Def, Crit, etc) for Skill and have it be worth it?

The answer is most likely no except in rare cases like Ferno or Ember. Perhaps now that the revamp is out, the skill rework can be relooked at it make skill a bit stronger.

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

It’s your stamina I envy, not your gems. Nice!

• That's what she said.
  • I can never have gold >5mil or gems more than 5k... Bravos to you guys
  • heeler wrote: »

ltgy6c52dx7a.png

Thanks ;)
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Rexob wrote: »

The answer is most likely no except in rare cases like Ferno or Ember. Perhaps now that the revamp is out, the skill rework can be relooked at it make skill a bit stronger.
    I run the tower with ember on most of my rogue/fast teams.
    Her passive healing has increased almost 10 x from before update. used to be 70-100 life per round now it is like 700. Not saying anything is good or bad or nubs is good. just this is what I have observed. I did not change any of her runes and I have 3-4 with skill on them.

litespeed
  • danacdanac Member
    heeler wrote: »

sheep does have more stamina than me. I'm only at 9500.