this is just so unbelievably stupid

so the tower, as usual was being cleared, when i came upon two solaris teams at the top

on floor 10, a full beast team

on floor 11, a shade-hopper-igo-solaris team which i thought would be easy

the full beast team fell to my anti-beast team with zomm, grog, ponti, and exe

after that i as usual used a meat grinder team for 11 then went in with my beast killer team

the shade immidiately oneshotted my grog, then hopper ate the poor soul
ponti ran away almost instantly and for some reason did not show back up after i lost the round
exe fell after shade somehow instarecharged his haunted past
and zomm?
he fought for a few turns before being swamped by the team and constant use of haunted past and random epic attacks, but took out solaris with his taste for brains

then solaris comes back the next round
and the next
and the next

and i ended up wasting the other half of my hero pool on that stupid floor
mostly because shade loves to insta haunted past EVERY SINGLE STUPID TIME
and every time i get slightly close to beating it solaris KEEPS USING STUPID HEALING MOVES THAT INSTAHEAL THE WHOLE TEAM

took out everyone but solaris, as he kept dodging my takumi(i was getting very low on heroes at this point)
then he resurrects everyone again and just to rub salt in the wound shade launches one more haunted past, which kills hansuke despite him parrying the attack

im done for today guys

Comments

• Why on earth would you use Ponti vs. a Solaris team? Do you have hopper? ? None of those heroes on the last floor are beasts, so no feather to worry about; just bring hopper, their corpses are gone, then it's you vs. Solaris and it's an easy win.

Zomm glitched though; Solaris should have been gone after Taste for Brains, since it removes corpses.

I run Shade, Shadowblade, Hopper and Koros vs. Beasts in the Tower. Koros' 2nd ability is key for Solaris, since it's physical damage and hits 3 times. Or, depending on the # of beasts, I'll use his breath, remove feather/kill/ Hopper eats, game set match.

You can also bring a solaris/leo combo of your own and out-rez them; Leo will also remove corpses.

Basically .. . . . corpse removal is your friend.

......and Ponti is crazy overrated.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Maybe it's all he had left, lol. The Tower's really hard now. If you're not careful - even if you are - you can lose your good heroes early on.

I remember a team that had Sifu on it. I of course disregarded him, and then suddenly he's got an Atk buff and he uses Feet of Fury on my Zomm, killing him instantly. I know Sifu's first ability was strong, but like, wow. You gotta be on your guard!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    Why on earth would you use Ponti vs. a Solaris team? Do you have hopper? ? None of those heroes on the last floor are beasts, so no feather to worry about; just bring hopper, their corpses are gone, then it's you vs. Solaris and it's an easy win.

Zomm glitched though; Solaris should have been gone after Taste for Brains, since it removes corpses.

I run Shade, Shadowblade, Hopper and Koros vs. Beasts in the Tower. Koros' 2nd ability is key for Solaris, since it's physical damage and hits 3 times. Or, depending on the # of beasts, I'll use his breath, remove feather/kill/ Hopper eats, game set match.

You can also bring a solaris/leo combo of your own and out-rez them; Leo will also remove corpses.

I had saved grave digger, which is crazy effective against solaris usually, just for that stupid solaris
    and he was killed before he could use it, which sucked horribly for me

I would have gone for the easy win with frost breath, which i had also saved as a secondary measure
    but noooo grog got instakilled by shade
    I still do not have hopper, and my shadowblade sucks and was dispatched fighting the last solaris
    my koros also died quickly to that team
    and it doesnt matter that none of them have feathers, solaris just puts it on them anyway

BTW ponti is not 'crazy overrated', he is a huge damage dealer who is the swiss army knife of my heroes

• BTW ponti is not 'crazy overrated', he is a huge damage dealer who is the swiss army knife of my heroes

which ability is the corkscrew?
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    Why on earth would you use Ponti vs. a Solaris team? Do you have hopper? ? None of those heroes on the last floor are beasts, so no feather to worry about; just bring hopper, their corpses are gone, then it's you vs. Solaris and it's an easy win.

I had saved grave digger, which is crazy effective against solaris usually, just for that stupid solaris
    and he was killed before he could use it, which sucked horribly for me

I would have gone for the easy win with frost breath, which i had also saved as a secondary measure
    but noooo grog got instakilled by shade
    I still do not have hopper, and my shadowblade sucks and was dispatched fighting the last solaris
    my koros also died quickly to that team
    and it doesnt matter that none of them have feathers, solaris just puts it on them anyway

BTW ponti is not 'crazy overrated', he is a huge damage dealer who is the swiss army knife of my heroes

Apologies; I have every hero unlocked (except . . . . Ignus for some reason). Without SB and Hopper, Solaris teams become much much more difficult. I started playing this game in February of this year, and read a bunch on slow(ish) leveling, rune crafting, etc., so I'm a pretty strong level 63 (I've been over 60K PvP trophies, have had a 50 win streak in PvP, etc.) I should realize that not everyone went my route and that there are L70 players who don't have everyone unlocked yet.

The ponti issue is that he deals spirit damage, which Solaris is immune to. As far as medium speed damage dealers go, I'd take Koros, Grog and Viperia over Ponti, but you have to do the best with your roster as in.

Overall, I think the Solaris Glitch after Taste for Brains was your main downfall; no way is that your fault and has to be crazy frustrating. Sorry man.

I would invest in Shadowblade; he is the only original hero who functions at the top end. Try to snag Hopper when she (yep, Hops is a girl) is in the Heroic portal; very useful.
  • danac wrote: »

which ability is the corkscrew?

chaos storm obvously
  • I have also noticed my epics seem to not fire anymore in the tower. But the tower team seem to bang away like an old screen door
  • ok guys i thought i had it down

but this has just gone too far now

GORE STUPID TUSK NOW IS THE MOST HORRIFIC PART OF THE BEASTS

i am sorry, i love the hero
    b
    u
    t

mammoth guard is just far too overpowered

come on
    just
    come on

i wasted all of my best heroes on a FLOOR 7 SOLARIS GORETUSK TEAM
  • darrendarren Member
    Sir Williams (beast hunter) needs BUFF.. I tried to rune him to the max to challenge a beast team but he just sucks...!! having 2 water and 1 light rune slots limits the amount of fire power he can have..
  • It's not the heroes. It's that the Tower is legitimately broken.

They have runes. You don't.

The deck is stacked against you.
  • He's a one-star tank without a epic and a PvP Rework. Surely you didnt expect him to solo an entire beast team? Also as you yourself mentioned, he has 2 water slots and a light slot. Water heroes arent exactly meant to do crazy amounts of damage. Exceptions are Grog and IGOROK, which can do high damage, be a tank, or both. But then again, they are 3 star heroes compared to sir william 1 star base.
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    He's a one-star tank without a epic and a PvP Rework. Surely you didnt expect him to solo an entire beast team? Also as you yourself mentioned, he has 2 water slots and a light slot. Water heroes arent exactly meant to do crazy amounts of damage. Exceptions are Grog and IGOROK, which can do high damage, be a tank, or both. But then again, they are 3 star heroes compared to sir william 1 star base.

Agreed with what you said.. hence my "sigh" complaint.. The beast hunters in the game sucks. It would have been fun to throw in a better beast hunter among some different heroes to take on beast team.. The beasts are getting stronger, so i would have prefer to have a strong beast hunter. Buff Sir william or create a new hero or make another hero a beast hunter... I don't care, as long there is one good anti-beast hero..
    Yes, someone will mention about the Warrior...
  • RexobRexob Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    It's not the heroes. It's that the Tower is legitimately broken.

I feel like it's random, sometimes I have runes, other times my 6* max epic 9700 Shade can't auto something 7lvs below...
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

What makes you say this?

I know myself and everyone else in guild just blindly auto runs it every day. Maybe sometimes you lose a hero or two but you just throw another one in and keep on auto running.

There's a lot of different auto run teams too between beasts/undead/fast ect
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

What makes you say this?

I know myself and everyone else in guild just blindly auto runs it every day. Maybe sometimes you lose a hero or two but you just throw another one in and keep on auto running.

Yet sometimes my Beasts and Undead, who normally do fine, get wiped out by a single team. It's totally random.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited January 11

What makes you say this?

Yet sometimes my Beasts and Undead, who normally do fine, get wiped out by a single team. It's totally random.

Random would imply there's no consistency. I know myself and many others consistently auto run the tower every. single. day. There are no bad days where our whole team randomly die. It's been months now since the tower update with no issue. I think we would have experienced it ourselves by now. It most likely simply comes down to rune quality, but surely there must be some positive feeling knowing eventually you will faceroll the tower once again too.
  • danacdanac Member

What makes you say this?

Random would imply there's no consistency. I know myself and many others consistently auto run the tower every. single. day. There are no bad days where our whole team randomly die. It's been months now since the tower update with no issue. I think we would have experienced it ourselves by now. It most likely simply comes down to rune quality, but surely there must be some positive feeling knowing eventually you will faceroll the tower once again too.

Maybe, but some hi end players who presumably have good runes have been complaining.

It might be they have a lot of PVP runes.
    I don't, and it hasn't been a problem so much for me.
  • Even if we are using pvp runes, the first three stats on our Superior Legendary 5* Champion/Duelist runes should be relatively decent stats.
  • A trick that works for me is I don't open the Tower until I beat a low-power (RP) team in PVP. Tower difficulty seems to be based off the strength of your last PVP opponent.
  • I realize I'm a higher power level player ... but as a suggestion ... I'm finding the team of Shade, Goretusk, Yasmin and Zomm is very good at reliably running the entire tower as a team.
    GalakSS