Leveling up

Hello, I am new to DB. Been playing 19 days and based on what I have read...I am leveling too fast for my heroes. I hit 29 yesterday and find myself facing opponents with much better runes and higher star monsters than I am able to field. Also, Tower of Pwnage is getting tougher.
Recently, I have been not claiming any quest reward that contains XP in order to slow down the leveling and let the evos and gold from campaigns help me catch up to where I should be in terms of relative hero power to level. Is this the right thing to do? Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Yes, At low-mid levels, you will find that you may level up extremely quickly, and cannot keep up. I can imagine it is even harder now than when I was that level because of runes. I also think the 250,000 gold for 500 honor deal in the shop is a good deal , and is able to be bought twice a day. That is half a million gold a day as a result of about 8 raids, so you won't have to spend any gold. Gold island/xp island/evo island is also beneficial.

Hope this helps!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • darrendarren Member
    yeah, it can be tough at level 30ish.. One way is to focus on a few key heroes only. Use your limited gold and runes only on these heroes, so that they have a better chance of beating the enemies.
    I made a mistake of spreading all my resources on many different heroes; while it's fun that way to try different heroes, it was also tough to win,,
  • Meh. Don't worry about it. I leveled up as quickly as I could and I turned out fine.
  • Kalvyn wrote: »
    Hello, I am new to DB. Been playing 19 days and based on what I have read...I am leveling too fast for my heroes. I hit 29 yesterday and find myself facing opponents with much better runes and higher star monsters than I am able to field. Also, Tower of Pwnage is getting tougher.
    Recently, I have been not claiming any quest reward that contains XP in order to slow down the leveling and let the evos and gold from campaigns help me catch up to where I should be in terms of relative hero power to level. Is this the right thing to do? Thanks for any advice.

I went "slow" from about level 20 to 45. Because you can get Epics at L50 now, it made sense to jump up to 50 ASAP; you start encountering L50 teams at L45, and even L5 Epics heroes can be too much to fight. Plus they get Greater Runes and can start crafting better stuff, etc.

I slow leveled from 50-58ish; once I had the epics I wanted to L5, I needed to be L60 to max them, open Boss Island, the final Evo/Gold islands, etc. I collected all the EXP I could to get to 60.

I slow leveled AGAIN from 60-64, so that I could build up as many superior runes before B100 players could find me in PvP. I'm now L66, about to be 67, and am fast-leveling up to 70; at this point, 4 levels of EXP can make a difference and there's no point on holding back (plus the extra 20-25 gems/day from the daily quests adds up fast).

Honestly, the reason to slow level is to have a PvP advantage at your level, which allows you to buy better runes/tokens in the shop with the Honor, and make a honor summon pulls.

The best advice is to run the Tower every day, get to 2700 gems, and wait for one of the following in the Portal:

1) Shade
    2) Solaris (has been featured once)
    3) Grog
    4) Koros
    5) Goretusk (probably won't be there for awhile)
    6) Hopper

Matsuta Kira sucks now; he was essential utnil about 2 months ago. I personally loved Kai, but he's way behind those 6 now. Don't bite on the undead at your level; they take a lot of runes to work and aren't fast. Beast teams are great; when you complete the normal campaign, you can get Leonidas; team him with Solaris, fully ascended, and you can get a ton of resurrections in any PvP (especially at your level).

If you're in a guild, even better, because of the free heroic summons. Make sure you have 10 before summoning for the guaranteed unlock.

Of your starting heroes, Shadowblade is the only one worth anything long term.