Time to Brawl in the PVP Training Grounds!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
oacbm98hgoij.png

With the combat revamp released, it's time for some PVP! We've got lots of quests that will let you earn tokens for a variety of different heroes, and will let you unlock some 2-hour boost events and special event dungeons. So try something new and see what crazy strategies you can come up with!

As stated before, we're keeping an eye on your feedback and are remaining open minded to further balancing, so please continue giving us your opinions. :)
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• WasiWasi Member
    edited January 11
    Complete all day 1 event quests?

Which ones are the day 1 event quests? It doesn't say.

Edit:
    Joel wrote: »
    All of the "arena" quests are the day 1 quests.

Thanks

---
    The Potato Army
  • BlothBloth Member
    Are you serious with this !? Really ?
  • RexobRexob Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    You had a 2 hour window to play around with new rune setups, you should be going 100-0 against 5592 teams now. No excuses.
    The difference between my Left & Right opitions might be 5592, but that's about it lol

IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Joel wrote: »
    With the combat revamp released, it's time for some PVP! We've got lots of quests that will let you earn tokens for a variety of different heroes, and will let you unlock some 2-hour boost events and special event dungeons. So try something new and see what crazy strategies you can come up with!

As stated before, we're keeping an eye on your feedback and are remaining open minded to further balancing, so please continue giving us your opinions. :)

I find your last sentence kinda funny. "Open minded" as if you guys had to think about whether healers need balancing. It should be quite clear/obvious they need balancing, right?
  • RexobRexob Member
    I find your last sentence kinda funny. "Open minded" as if you guys had to think about whether healers need balancing. It should be quite clear/obvious they need balancing, right?
    Clearly - the devs thoroughly play tested healing before finalizing the changes...lol

IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • PvP is currently limited to a few very specific teams for over 90% of what I see in my raids. I can barely find teams to fight to successfully do the normal daily events which include quests like win with 2 fire or 2 light etc. To have an event which requires us to win fights with absolutely unwinnable teams is just pointless and shows how little you guys understand what you have done to the game and how PvP is currently functioning.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • I was super excited for a minute. "free 10x summons!?!" Then I see win 5 raids with all healers.

Whelp, see you in a week.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Very generous rewards tho :)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 11
    Win 5 raids with an ALL healer team?

...wow...

hmmm.....
  • sirtainly wrote: »

...wow...

hmmm.....

For high level players, what could we even use?

Ember for buff, Sol for Rez, Bauble for buffs, Full attack rune Nub? lol
  • Even winning with 4 rogues isn't easy with these matchups. Matchups aside even weakly runed teams with either Zomm, Solaris or Goretusk are hard to beat with anything but your top team. I have to agree with lythstihl above .. this kind of showcases how out of touch the devs are.
  • Soletaken wrote: »
    Even winning with 4 rogues isn't easy with these matchups. Matchups aside even weakly runed teams with either Zomm, Solaris or Goretusk are hard to beat with anything but your top team. I have to agree with lythstihl above .. this kind of showcases how out of touch the devs are.

This PvP event during a time of big change isn't the first time either. I don't recall the exact details, but they did this before.
  • I almost kinda think this is how they figure out what's working. This is their version of throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.

After the "event" is over, they look to see how many completed the All Healer quest and if they only got 2-3 people that pulled it off, there definitely MIGHT be a problem there.

Hopefully they manage to fix the healer issue before they go home tomorrow. Right now, that one will be nigh impossible. Many of them will be pretty improbable, but that one is particularly tough given the fact that they don't, well, HEAL.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    If the event is too hard, just ignore the hard parts. I am. Besides, 10 more heroic summons is kind of worthless to high level players.
  • Very true. Whether we have 146 or 156 Heroic summons on the pile, kinda a moot point.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

...wow...

hmmm.....

I was trying Sol/Ember/Bauble/Cobressa (because my runes aren't optimal) and really had trouble lasting long enough to get any attacks in. Was considering trying Nub next, but I'm not well-runed enough....I'm guessing its not worth trying with anything less than all legendary superiors...

I guess I'll take the advice and just ignore that part. seems a shame, pretty sure I could do the rest.
  • For casters, I'm using Shade, Lily, Zomm, and Ponti (to buff Zomm), and have had semi-decent success.

...wow...

hmmm.....

I was trying Sol/Ember/Bauble/Cobressa (because my runes aren't optimal) and really had trouble lasting long enough to get any attacks in. Was considering trying Nub next, but I'm not well-runed enough....I'm guessing its not worth trying with anything less than all legendary superiors...

I guess I'll take the advice and just ignore that part. seems a shame, pretty sure I could do the rest.

Hm, I forgot about Dagrund, he might be useful.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

...wow...

hmmm.....

Tried him too but my Dag has never been developed and has so-so runes. I think I can do all the other parts except all-healers.

...wow...

hmmm.....

Tried him too but my Dag has never been developed and has so-so runes. I think I can do all the other parts except all-healers.

Dag with a max epic and good runes can hit pretty hard.
  • Fville8Fville8 Member
    edited January 12
    I got one win with ember, Augustus, emily, Solaris. But it wasn't a horribly hard opponent to beat. I'm not going to try any legit opponents for this task.
    Post edited by Fville8 on
  • Rexob wrote: »
    I don't see how they expect players to do this in the current meta...
    Ridiculous and revolting event. Almost none of this is doable without swapping a trillion runes. Even then it will be very difficult. Not fun. Just going to be dissatisfied for a few days until the next event I guess.
  • Mission impossible I’m soooo waiting for someone to put a positive spin on this pile of dung nice going DB. Easy week do morning chores and ignore game till tomorrow. Not even worth effort to Try these quests if you are trying to get peeps to spend you are going about it the wrong way
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    3/5 healers with aug sifu dag sol so far!
  • Swapping runes on my dime. Matching me up with nothing but 5400-5500 rune power opponents and you want me to do these quests? Maybe buy 100 raid tickets for 9.99$ to bring 4 healers in against a 5500 rune power team? I’ll be sitting this event out but thanks for the insult. If you wana do this maybe give me lower rune power teams to go against. I’ll save my money and gold and gems for guild games not this insulting event
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Sometimes you keep seeing a string of very hard defenses and other times a string of very easy ones. My theory it is a result of the current load on the server. When the server is busy, they give hard defenses to make you slow down or stop and do something else. When the server is not very busy, they give you easy defenses to get you to keep spending gems. At least this is what a muppet would do.
  • So Joel, I finished the Participant Award Quest for the PVP Token Event, I did the Dungeon for XP Boost and after the dungeon I didnt get my XP Boost...?
  • I find that once I can kill a hard opponent, the next matches begin to get easier for several matches.