Love Burns Brightly, And So Does Fire! [New Quests Now Available!]

2»

Comments

• danac wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I have burn greens and burn healers. Sounds like there are several variants going around. Might change after the first 40.

Finished one of them to see what would happen- i mean, aside from running an annoying dungeon for crap rewards.

New quest popped up different.
    So it looks like burn quests just pick randomly from a pool of colors and hero tags.

The question is, do they repeat forever? Or do you make your way through the various colors and tags in random order until you've finished them all? And if so, is there anything special at the end?
  • For the Nim quest, pretty good Furnace, Bauble, Astrid synergy. Astrid can take kills and shrug off all the melee retribution. Furnace taunts and shrugs off the venom and tanks the reptile piles. Bauble keeps everyone healthy. The downside is that it's slow as f*ck.
  • Sure wish I had Bauble, He's one of the 5 I don't have so far. The Astrid Furnace combo is nice here but sucks because I have to bring Dagrund along. Pretty much any AOE besides Astrid's will get you killed. I've thought of using Yoko to so that the gorgon devotion would at least miss sometimes but those dang lizards would just shrug it off. Tried a Grog-gnog, Nub-Nub, Kozar Team and it took forever and still eventually lost out (might have something to do with the fact that I'm 64). I think the Goblin team would be fun but if the critical goblin odor hit one the she-devils (read Viperia clones) then I'd be toast. Gorgon Devotion on any attack just sucks. It is a good challenge, though. I like mixing it up. I do wish the rewards were better. Any other ideas? Wish there was a reptile hunter. There are just so few counters for this combination that I can think of.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    This may already have been said, but can we please make it so the various quests like burning enemies give you credit even if you kill the enemy in the process? With the strength of runes these days, it is becoming more and more difficult to complete quests like this. Squinch still works pretty well, but furnace doesn't if he is runed for damage.

Thanks

Agree, let me pay 1mil in gold to derune furnace to run a dungeon that gives me 80k gold? This makes so much sense....
  • GukZoin wrote: »
    Foozle wrote: »
    This may already have been said, but can we please make it so the various quests like burning enemies give you credit even if you kill the enemy in the process? With the strength of runes these days, it is becoming more and more difficult to complete quests like this. Squinch still works pretty well, but furnace doesn't if he is runed for damage.

Thanks

Agree, let me pay 1mil in gold to derune furnace to run a dungeon that gives me 80k gold? This makes so much sense....

While you are at it, you'd need to derune Valkin or Igorak as well, as it is hard not to oneshot with their freezing attacks by themselves, let alone trying to burn after that without killing.
    GukZoin wrote: »

Thanks

While you are at it, you'd need to derune Valkin or Igorak as well, as it is hard not to oneshot with their freezing attacks by themselves, let alone trying to burn after that without killing.

icebloom :)
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png

Thanks

Yep, thought about that after I posted for that quest line. Luckily my selwyn is garbage. But I am passing on these all together. Rewards are not worth the stamina.
  • Drocas wrote: »

Thanks

Good point about Icebloom and Selwyn, so maybe the freezing part isn't the issue.
  • Drocas wrote: »

Thanks

My iceblooms sometimes kills :(
  • Joel wrote: »
    4g0vncyq5qfw.png

It's a week of romantic flowers, chocolates, and warm feelings. Very warm feelings. In fact, scorching hot feelings that will give you third degree burns if you aren't careful!

We're starting things off strong with the "Next Top Hog" questline for the Pig Kahuna Pignius skin as well as several other fiery quests. The Pignius quest will be available until Friday, and the burning quests will be available until next Monday. We'll be adding more quests as the week goes on, so be sure to keep an eye on your quest log!

You'll notice that our darling demonic Nitpick is also sporting a new look in the unlockable event dungeon. While the "Heart Breaker Nitpick" skin is not available just yet, it will be in the shop later this week!

UPDATE (2/16): New quests are now available, and that's not all! Koros, the Magic Eater is here and is hungry for battle! There will be a new Koros-related quest available every day for the rest of the event. Each of those quests will only be available for 24 hours (you'll be able to tell which ones they are because they say "Koros Day X"), but all of the other quests that were added today will be available for the rest of the event.

to clarify, each day will have a series of quests? Like today there is a chain of 5 quests for him. There will be another 5 each day?
  • @Joel @Eej not getting credit for quest be my Valentine lupina 5/7 , winning with lupina in PvP is still showing 0/2 for me.
  • In case nobody has said it, DB I appreciate you putting tokens in the v-day drops.
  • Here too. I'm finally making progress on my Furnace and Cobressa.
  • FlyteFlyte Member

Thanks

This seems addressed now!
  • Is it? I don't think it is...
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • And here's hoping nitpick cupid is a quest trial this year
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    farfella wrote: »
    Is it? I don't think it is...

It worked for me the last time we had burn quests (Jan 10th). My Furnace was burning as he killed. He was also getting credited for setting CORPSES alight! (but THAT might have been a bug)
2»