Combat Revamp - Discussion

2»

Comments

• Please change healers back.
    What is the point of a healer class if they don't heal anything without jacking up the skill runes (which are typically bundled with trash stats for attack and defense).
    Current form is ridiculous.
    Oh the profanity!
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    I gotta say this sucks and I'm gonna go play diablo 3 until all this revamp business is better balanced.
  • The revamp would have been fine; the bugs accompanying it are very VERY frustrating. So far . . .

1) Koros is no longer eating fire/other debuffs; and

2) Resurrected heroes are coming back with any debuffs they died with still on. I had Grog come back Wild-fire burned, my Koros came back diseased, etc.

3) The "regular" targeting issues where tapping torchy somehow causes you to target Nub, because Nub's staff is like 1/1000th of a pixel next to Torchy (maybe I just have fat fingers though).

4) Turn order going to hell in a handbasket after about round 4. With no slow debuff heroes on the screen, why is Solaris going before my Shade?
  • From a new player perspective with heroes under level 30 and access to lesser skill runes only, this doesn't seem to work. I maxed out every skill rune I have and placed them in NubNub and Yasmin. It made very little difference to the total heal which were 90-200 per heal (approx 10-25% health for each hero).
    I am sure balances are mostly for endgame, but if this game cares about new blood and leveling players, it should not be this bad. When single hits are doing 50% damage to a players heroes, I don't know how a 10% heal is even supposed to matter. Please reconsider.
  • I’m glad this was tested befor a pvp comp came out smfh
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Man, imagine if they did a PvP season now where only healers were allowed.

That’d be interesting.
  • More like cruel :/
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 71 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Derision wrote: »
    Let's be clear about one thing.
    The "PVP Event" is really just a ruse for data scraping to see if this train wreck update is working as intended. And I hope they see that it is not.

Also who is qualifying these changes in game play? It would be absurd to not have any play testers doing quality assurance.

This.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Derision wrote: »
    Let's be clear about one thing.
    The "PVP Event" is really just a ruse for data scraping to see if this train wreck update is working as intended. And I hope they see that it is not.

Also who is qualifying these changes in game play? It would be absurd to not have any play testers doing quality assurance.

I think we're the play testers.
  • The DR/DP is not well received here. The reason why is that DR was SUCH a big deal before that most players have a good # of solid DR runes, and good DR teams. The net buff to DR (i.e., affecting other damage boosts like Mystical) was felt immediately, because many people already have heroes with high DR.

DP, OTOH, was the least favorite stat next to Crit%, and many folks opted for Battle runes (Double Attack/Health) vs. Destruction (Damage, now DP, and Attack). Because of that, not many players have access to the DP runes they'd need to match the # of DR runes in the game.

The net result is, once again, DR teams ruling the day. There is nothing more annoying than an 8000+ attack non-diseased Koros doing 1500 damage to a Zomm. That literally should never, ever happen.

@Joel - I realize that you want to promote more rune diversity, but it has taken many of us months and months to build teams for the META. 100% DR was a major complaint because it made matches go forever, etc., but to "cap" it at only 90% (instead of 75% or something rational) AND have the only counter for it be runes that NO ONE has spent time investing in just further tilted the META in FAVOR of DR rather than attacking (at most of your high spender's levels, you need Greater or Superior runes to re-rune your heroes, which are insanely gem-intensive).

The game is, as a result, LESS diverse than it was before. The only defense allowed is a shade GT base, because of the inherent DR. Attacking those is very hard and expensive now. Beasts are a necessity; there's some combo of Shade, Hopper, Undead and Beasts, with a random Koros or Lily thrown in. Dwarves/Goblins/Elves/Reptiles? Nope. Human characters (emily, william, selwyn, abigail, balog, etc.)? Nope. On my current "Hard-medium-easy" screen my 3 opponents contain 8 beasts, 2 undead and 2 monsters. Igorok is the only toon not on my list above.

I get it, the point is to make money, and the only way to do that is to change things around so we have to start over again. OTOH, it's also a great way to make people give up and walk away, because the you're moving the goalposts constantly. From the MK nerf, the ridiculous Zomm buff, to introducing Goretusk's insane DR passive
  • I agreed with you even though you’re wrong re: DR. It’s disadvantageous to have a full DR build at this point. Rest of it, I would concur.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I agreed with you even though you’re wrong re: DR. It’s disadvantageous to have a full DR build at this point. Rest of it, I would concur.

I don't mean that all 4 heroes have 5 DR runes on them, rather that there was real value in having SOME DR on almost all heroes (aside from a full attack shade). That maybe 1-2 rune DR now has more impact than before, and can't be offset easily, for the reasons above.
  • I'm honestly confused. Wasn't this revamp run through a focus group beforehand?

What's with skill being so bad? Not just the healing, but in general. With Grog-Gnog's epic, the argument that skill as a primary is completely useless for him. But, as @Joel pointed out, this skill could take his "Large and Charge" passive from 32% to 33%. Wowee! And I know that Grog is powerful enough sans epic, but I really think instead of giving him a cop-out for his epic's primary, the answer was to realize that the same cookie-cutter format for every epic is not the way to go. (And while we'e at it, that's true for epics in general. Willow's is trash, and the "30% chance to do additional damage and, if you're deemed worthy, add an additional effect. You don't have to save unique stuff/passives for the legendary heroes, I'm just sayin')
  • danacdanac Member
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    The DR/DP is not well received here. The reason why is that DR was SUCH a big deal before that most players have a good # of solid DR runes, and good DR teams. The net buff to DR (i.e., affecting other damage boosts like Mystical) was felt immediately, because many people already have heroes with high DR.

DP, OTOH, was the least favorite stat next to Crit%, and many folks opted for Battle runes (Double Attack/Health) vs. Destruction (Damage, now DP, and Attack). Because of that, not many players have access to the DP runes they'd need to match the # of DR runes in the game.

The net result is, once again, DR teams ruling the day. There is nothing more annoying than an 8000+ attack non-diseased Koros doing 1500 damage to a Zomm. That literally should never, ever happen.

@Joel - I realize that you want to promote more rune diversity, but it has taken many of us months and months to build teams for the META. 100% DR was a major complaint because it made matches go forever, etc., but to "cap" it at only 90% (instead of 75% or something rational) AND have the only counter for it be runes that NO ONE has spent time investing in just further tilted the META in FAVOR of DR rather than attacking (at most of your high spender's levels, you need Greater or Superior runes to re-rune your heroes, which are insanely gem-intensive).

The game is, as a result, LESS diverse than it was before. The only defense allowed is a shade GT base, because of the inherent DR. Attacking those is very hard and expensive now. Beasts are a necessity; there's some combo of Shade, Hopper, Undead and Beasts, with a random Koros or Lily thrown in. Dwarves/Goblins/Elves/Reptiles? Nope. Human characters (emily, william, selwyn, abigail, balog, etc.)? Nope. On my current "Hard-medium-easy" screen my 3 opponents contain 8 beasts, 2 undead and 2 monsters. Igorok is the only toon not on my list above.

I get it, the point is to make money, and the only way to do that is to change things around so we have to start over again. OTOH, it's also a great way to make people give up and walk away, because the you're moving the goalposts constantly. From the MK nerf, the ridiculous Zomm buff, to introducing Goretusk's insane DR passive

I'm seeing it differently. My high dr heroes are now being eaten alive.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Don't worry guys, when Combat Revamp v2.0 comes out, healers will be restored to their normal glory. Expect this to be completed Q4 2019.

That time frame is optimistic. I think you meant “the client update after the next one.” AKA “soon, but not imminently.”
2»