Ok jokes over not laughing anymore you really want your gems back don't you

What's with filling the tower with unbeatable teams there were 6 floors with Solaris teams today (5 yesterday) a reptile team grog gnog everywhere undead and dark teams the Dragon buffed up to unbeatable lvls I don't mind the tower being hard and making me think but ultimately the idea of a game is that it should be enjoyable in all its aspects but the tower no longer is in that catergory it's hardly worth starting except of course today the first 3 floors were part of the quest and lo what do we find 2 out 3 were Solaris teams a fair hard but doable tower is a good tower anything else well you know what it is

Comments

• The Tower has become more of a pain lately, much more erratic in my opinion. A waltz yesterday and 6 Solaris floors today, most with GT making their DR still crazy high even with the combat revamp. I still don’t have a clue where the “let’s heal and resurrect everybody” idea came from or how it made any sense in the game, then let’s add GT to make beast teams even stronger. As you say it is not about being able to beat the Tower everyday, it is about it being a game I. E., challenging and fun. Read the forums and reviews Devs, does it appear to you that what you’re doing is adding to the enjoyment of the game? I don’t think so and from what I see in the forum I don’t think much of your player/customer base does either. No skin off of my back games come and go, I would hope those of you whose job could be on the line if the games dies would have a little different point of view.
  • I agree that the tower is crazy now. I am fine with the dev's argument that the tower should be made tougher than before, but not to the extend of ridiculous and unbeatable. It is not fair that our heroes can only die once whereas the tower can have 11 Solaris (at the rate of this going, this probably can happen).. It's worse that these recurring super heroes are runed to the max..
    I am probably fine if the tower heroes are non-repeating but runed, or I am also fine if tower heroes are recurring but un-runned. I'm not OK with both recurring superheroes with max runes
  • 5 Solaris teams again it make the tower impossible for most folk
  • Hate to say it, but I have to agree on this one. I've simply given up running the Tower at all now. By the time I've barely made it past floor 3 because I wiped out three enemies before dying and coming back to the whole enemy team at full health again (Solaris is a bit too much of a good thing in the Tower), I'm too frustrated to enjoy it. Maybe time for a regular and challenge Tower with different levels of rewards? I used to run it every day, mostly making high levels if not all the way. Now I check in to see if it's still soul-suckingly hard every few weeks.
  • Again, I had a level 63 or 64 beast team that put up a hell of a fight against my very well runed 70s today. I'll keep saying it til I'm blue in the face (and until the blues actually look into it) but there is something very wrong with the defenders in the tower. This isn't a fair or equal fight.
  • People are funny. They cry that there are no challenges, and nothing new. Then they give you a challenge, and there are new tears how it's a travesty that they can't breeze through a tower in 18 seconds, and god forbid, sometimes fail at clearing it. You act like it's your god given right to full tower rewards. Remember when the tower was brand new, and you didn't always clear it?
  • The Tower of Pwnage is broken and needs to be fixed ASAP, simple as that!
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • I just finished a tower with Solaris teams on floors 6,7,8,9 - and not easy Solaris teams, either. It took all the roster and knowledge I had.

At level 70, you better be able to field at least a few solid teams, understand those team synergies, understand in detail how a number of frequently used heroes work (especially Solaris), not make any strategic mistakes, and have a strong backup roster for when things go south.

The current tower is clearly geared for a challenge and I think the rewards need to be increased. I'm surprised I've been able to complete some of these, and more than once I've lost valuable heroes early and just bagged it as not worth finishing.

I'm still asking myself where the last hour of my life went.
  • Once again I had a single Solaris-GT-Grog-Leo level 64 beast team that wiped out several level 70 teams I sent in, my attacks across the board all did little damage, runes? I’m not against a reasonable challenge, just don’t think only the top 100 should be able to complete the Tower, which is what is seems to frequently be anymore.
  • RedE2Quit wrote: »
    Once again I had a single Solaris-GT-Grog-Leo level 64 beast team that wiped out several level 70 teams I sent in, my attacks across the board all did little damage, runes? I’m not against a reasonable challenge, just don’t think only the top 100 should be able to complete the Tower, which is what is seems to frequently be anymore.

This is what I'm talking about. Teams that shouldn't be horribly competitive are brutally so.
  • It may be that I keep running into the same superior runed beast team, since I can’t view their runes who can tell. If that is the case it then brings up a question of how the Tower floor defenders are selected, out of a multitude of options the odds of seeing the same defenders repeating on successive days would be slim.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Again, I had a level 63 or 64 beast team that put up a hell of a fight against my very well runed 70s today.

4* improveds are not "well runed"
  • Solaris is definitely the most annoying opponent to deal with in the tower, and especially in a beast team, but she can still be dealt with by whittling down your opponents, just as you would in PvP. You just have to stay alive and healthy while you do it over several floors.

Three heroes can remove corpses: Shade, Hopper and Zomm. Beating a Solaris team without one of these three present requires getting all four opponents on the floor at once, or scaring some off using Lupina or some other fear-inducing hero. Maybe a Monster team would be effective, but I haven't needed to explore that option.

My main tower (and PvP) team is Shade, Shadowblade, Dhaegon and Zomm. This team can deal with any potential opposition. Shade's Dark Shroud plus haunting are invaluable, and the team has the ability to heal and energize its members, remove buffs, and generally do good things along the way. Keeping Shade alive over several consecutive floors is the hardest task as he has no self-heal (my Vampire rune never does much), but if he dies and Zomm survives they all come back alive for the next floor anyway, making Zomm the one hero you don't want to die. Stealing a healing buff off an opponent using spirit link is a great way to get some health back on Shade.

My secondary team is Hopper, Grog-Gnog, Solaris and Leonidas. Against any team that can't remove corpses this is an "outlast the enemy" battle, but you get there eventually. Hopper will stomp un-feathered corpses, and it's especially funny to see Solaris suicide while trying to revive her colleagues. Darth Craig did a video about using this team.

A tertiary team I have used occasionally is Goretusk (or Stonefist) Yasmin, Igorok and Grog-Gnog. You can substitute Augustus Emily or Nub-Nub in place of Goretusk/Stonefist as a second healer to cleanse a spirit link from an opposing Shade.

With the above 3 teams and occasional substitutions I have yet to fail on the revamped Tower. I've never failed to clear the tower since I was first able to more than a year ago, regardless of runed enemies or combat revamp. I haven't even changed my runes set up because of the revamp, everything seemed to work fine as it was.
  • hans/zomm/shade/gore - you’re welcome.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • The hard tower, in my opinion, is part of the core theme of the game they want to get back to. Build your roster and power up heroes....i beat it easily on my main and get to 6 on my alt. Seems about on par with pre rune towers...
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?