Corruption Rune - is it working?

SkulsSkuls Member
It seems to disease as infrequent as incineration (read: broken).

Anyone else sees this?
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Disease Touch and Burning Touch only work on basic attacks, which might be why they seem to be infrequent.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • In other words they are both pretty much useless....definitely NOT worth the materials to make them!
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Disease Touch and Burning Touch only work on basic attacks, which might be why they seem to be infrequent.

So they don't disease/burn when a toon uses melee abilites?
  • @Joel it might be worth re-evaluate that, as well as the proc rate. The purple and red Ultras are significantly less impactful in combat than their blue and gold counterparts. The red is in a particularly bad place, because of it's undesirable third stat.
  • Do they work on revenge, or relentless, or pack tactics etc.. all of the basic style attacks, or only player initiated?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    This limitation seems so corrupt.
  • ScoutYo wrote: »
    it might be worth re-evaluate that, as well as the proc rate. The purple and red Ultras are significantly less impactful in combat than their blue and gold counterparts. The red is in a particularly bad place, because of it's undesirable third stat.

Not totally disagreeing with you here, but the red and dark runes cannot be purged, expired, or stolen while blue and yellow only last two rounds max (and often not even). The corruption rune also has better stats than any other dark rune, making it useful without the effect.
  • @Joel @DB_Dillon can you provide definitive clarification on HOW and WHEN the "touch" rune proc? For example, we just found out it's basic attacks only. That's news to me.

Does it also only proc on melee basic attacks, or is it ANY basic attack (spirit, ranged, melee, etc.)? What about Epic Attacks?
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    This limitation seems so corrupt.

You're taking this too much to heart.
  • Well, i see enemies showing CRITICAL CHOKED after i hit them.. does that mean that Corruption is working ?
    Reduced crit is part of diseased, but crit choked is not diseased.
  • Joel wrote: »

Ok. But artwork for rune is still not showing, so one could safely assume there may be other issues with rune.
  • gmungmun Member
    Yes please, a more detailed explanation of when they are supposed to work would be very nice. Silly me thought any melee attack would count as "touching".

Gmun
  • WasiWasi Member
    Fville8 wrote: »
    Do they work on revenge, or relentless, or pack tactics etc.. all of the basic style attacks, or only player initiated?

^
    This please
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • True, @echonap . I definitely agree that they're not worthless. It's just that the blue and gold have had a much bigger impact on the meta than the red. I can't think of many scenarios where slotting that red would be worth what I'd have to give up in third/fourth stats from another rune. Since the red requires the same heavy material investment as the others, it's hard to justify ever crafting one (it's probably much better at lower levels, though).

Admittedly, I can't really judge how useful the purple will be (beyond having great base stats) because we don't understand how it works, yet.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited January 23
    Using the red or purple rune doesn't feel like it's worth justifying losing the 4th stats of my other options.

If red had something like "15% dmg reflect" and purple had "disease touch and skin" (does skin work on a ranged attack?) -- those might be worthwhile.

Or maybe just add burning skin and disease skin to both. @Joel

• @kalamadea - You must have really good runes then. I use mostly champion and duelist runes and none of their 4th stats are more valuable than a straight +100 atk + 50 def from the corruption rune. Situational DR sucks now, because it is reduced by any existing DR. So if nobody is stacking DR anymore, damage penetration is also less useful as it's counter. Really, the only effects worth giving up that much stat boost is haste, +1 energy situational-ly, and maybe pvp/magical dmg. None of these are available on a dark rune unless crafted.
    Instances of "burning touch" that appears on Pignius' hero card specifies that the ability only activates on basic attacks, and diseased touch works the same way. We are exploring ways to message this better in the game. Also, any instance of an attack without a special animation, regardless if it is done on your turn or as a result of revenge, pack tactics, or something similar is considered a "basic attack".
    edited January 23
    echonap wrote: »
    @kalamadea - You must have really good runes then. I use mostly champion and duelist runes and none of their 4th stats are more valuable than a straight +100 atk + 50 def from the corruption rune. Situational DR sucks now, because it is reduced by any existing DR. So if nobody is stacking DR anymore, damage penetration is also less useful as it's counter. Really, the only effects worth giving up that much stat boost is haste, +1 energy situational-ly, and maybe pvp/magical dmg. None of these are available on a dark rune unless crafted.

So I crunched some numbers for comparison:

Corruption: Atk - 937 / Def - 284 / HP - 0 / Disease Touch (low chance on basic attack to disease)

Nearest equivalent I can find:

Superior Duelist Rune: Atk - 911 / Def - 0 / HP - 658 / +15% dmg pen to Rogues
    OR
    Superior Champ Rune: Atk - 304 / Def - 828 / HP - 0 / -10% DR from Monsters
    OR
    Superior Champ Rune: Atk - 0 / Def - 828 / HP - 658 / 10% Life Steal

From a purely pvp perspective, I don't find too many rogues in pvp, but there are a fair amount of Shadowblades and Hoppers around that the 15% boost would be nice.

As a general statement, I don't find the Corruption rune to be a large enough difference to justify the materials needed, compared to the blue/yellow counterparts.

• Joel wrote: »
    We are exploring ways to message this better in the game.

@Joel I mean this in the kindest way possible, but given the crazy materials and gems it takes to make them, could you instead use the time to explore ways to make these two “touch” runes not suck?
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited January 23
    I'd like to see the 4th stat on the Red & Purple Ultras be more along the lines of "20% DMG Penetration for X turns". At least it would be a boost that's consistent and works on ALL attacks. In the current form, it's an absolute waste of a Corrupted Heart compared to the defensive bonuses from the Guardian & Survivor runes.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • GroghillGroghill Member
    edited January 23
    Instances of "burning touch" that appears on Pignius' hero card specifies that the ability only activates on basic attacks, and diseased touch works the same way. We are exploring ways to message this better in the game. Also, any instance of an attack without a special animation, regardless if it is done on your turn or as a result of revenge, pack tactics, or something similar is considered a "basic attack".

A rather important definition to my thinking due to its scope of inferences to other situations. What I very much like to know is... Does Grog-Gnog's double melee attack count as a "special animation" even though also a basic attack?

Edit add: I do assume it doesn't count as a "special animation" since naturally Epic Attacks proc from it, yet an official "yes" or "no" in reference to the two runes in question would be desirable.
    Grog-Gnog's double melee is done with Grog-Gnog's basic attack. An epic attack is a replacement for a basic attack, not a basic attack.
  • @joel can you give us the proc rate of burning/diseased touch? Then, as a player base, we can test it to see if it’s working properly.
  • Well, although not quite the answer I was seeking, my next techincal question would be probably more to the point: of Grog-Gnog's double melee attack, are *both* swings considered to be each a basic attack, e.g. would the rune have a chance to proc on either, or does Grog-Gnog's initial swing only have the chance to proc, whereas the 2nd swing would be considered a "special animation"?
    edited January 24
    Grog-Gnog's double melee is done with Grog-Gnog's basic attack. An epic attack is a replacement for a basic attack, not a basic attack.

I'll be straightforward -- can Grog-Gnog disease/burn with both normal attacks?

Can Grog-Gnog disease/burn with all 5 Epic attacks?

• kalamadea wrote: »

I'll be straightforward -- can Grog-Gnog disease/burn with both normal attacks?

Can Grog-Gnog disease/burn with all 5 Epic attacks?

The problem is, even if he can in both cases, these runes are just bad. They are supposed to be the pinnacle of rune crafting, taking gems and materials far, far in excess of normal runes, and yet there’s really no reason to ever craft them. They are downgrades to pvp runes that have useful 4th stats.

Unless they are changed to either apply in any attack or also include skin buff with the touch buff, they are just not good options.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator

So Diseased heroes can Crit? Never in my entire career have I seen a Diseased hero Crit.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • BrazyBrazy Member

So Diseased heroes can Crit? Never in my entire career have I seen a Diseased hero Crit.

This is how far MK has fallen..no one remembers him anymore.
  • Brazy wrote: »

This is how far MK has fallen..no one remembers him anymore.

i am no good LOL