GG Rewards

I'm quite disappointed with the rewards. I think DB relies on the competitive nature among guilds as the primary driver to invest without providing any significant, special or custom rewards.

If you look at the top 5 or top 10 rewards, which are going to be achieved by the top guilds / players..

- Guild Rune, ok but nothing any better than a weekly Boss 100 / Honor Shop superior rune
- Icebloom skin, as per Ekko, another skin for a hero who already has a skin - also a hero that is rarely used (I really don't get this two hero skin thing)
- 5 heroic summons, again the same weekly reward
- GT tokens, for those players who don't have 6* these 40-50 tokens are really the only win

Underwhelming for the effort and resources required.
---
The Potato Army

Comments

• Well, there are a couple problems with this event, the most glaring being it is a no-skill, resource-draining competition.

The heart and joy of this event, and what they nailed perfectly, was running dungeons with different team compositions as well as the scavenger hunt.

I would much prefer to see these events tiered, where every guild that hits a certain point threshold gets top prizes. Maybe top 5 guilds can get meaningless titles...
  • It wasn't even 5 heroic summons. It was a hansuke skin that you already had.

I didn't pay much attention to the mediocrity of the rune until I crafted a near identical one for the last quest line. I really wish there would have been something unique about the rune. Something like the festive runes would have been more fitting to the resources dropped to earn it.
  • I agree that two skins for one hero when another more popular hero has no skin just seems misguided. Surely the effort involved in creating a new skin is the same regardless of who it is for?

Koros, Dagrund, Astrid, Leonidus, all the reptiles, Mangle Jaw, Kai Makani, Lily, Bauble, Ferno, to name but a few?

I'm assuming Hopper willl get a new skin during an Easter event, so I left her out.
  • From my POV, the rune is the real reward for these events. Unfortunately, this was yet another guild games where the rune reward was strictly worse than a craftable version (survivor in this case, but remember when the yellow guild games rune was a downgrade to crafted planning runes). And that’s at the very top of the reward ladder...5 stat superior. Anyone not in the top few guilds got a version that isn’t just worse than a crafted survivor...it’s likely so much worse that there’s no reason to even use it.

These guild runes need to be either unique in color/stat combo, or else a step up in max stats from what can be crafted. Otherwise, what’s the point of even giving them out?
  • @Barleyman - Lily has a skin. You're right on the rest.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Not to mention the atrocious ticket payouts. My entire guild grinds through every repeatable quest, and all we get is 40,000 tickets? Really?? Some guilds got even less.

I burned tons of stamina on quick looting as well, did all the scavenger hunt quests, and didn’t even make 100,000. Meanwhile the whales are swimming in 300,000+ tickets. This GG was a huge middle finger to people who just play casually, or even mildly competitively. My guild was a top 50 guild in these games.

My piece of feedback is to up the ticket rewards for next GG. If your guild completes all the repeatables, you outta get at least 100,000 tickets for all that work. That’s not even half a corrupted heart right there.
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I agree that two skins for one hero when another more popular hero has no skin just seems misguided. Surely the effort involved in creating a new skin is the same regardless of who it is for?

Koros, Dagrund, Astrid, Leonidus, all the reptiles, Mangle Jaw, Kai Makani, Lily, Bauble, Ferno, to name but a few?

I'm assuming Hopper willl get a new skin during an Easter event, so I left her out.

I don’t count Holiday skins as real skins. I want every hero to have a skin I can use that fits them any time of year. What would bother me though, is if every hero that has a skin now had 2 skins before every hero had at least 1 skin. I think the Reptiles are long overdue.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited January 22
    Wasi wrote: »
    I'm quite disappointed with the rewards. I think DB relies on the competitive nature among guilds as the primary driver to invest without providing any significant, special or custom rewards.
    My question is what do you suggest then? I can already hear the whining by EVERYONE not in those guilds if the devs reward multiple Superior runes, exclusive skins, etc...

IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited January 22
    Rexob wrote: »
    My question is what do you suggest then? I can already hear the whining by EVERYONE not in those guilds if the devs reward multiple Superior runes, exclusive skins, etc...

I don’t think it would be hard to come up with things. Quick example: same bulwark rune but with a 4th stat that gives immunity to freeze. Top guilds get the version with better stats. Lesser guilds still get a unique rune that is situationally useful for various pvp teams, that no one can jut go and craft. Everyone involved gets a rune with the potential to shake pvp up a little bit (yes, very little by itself, but with a growing catalog of such situational runes, pvp could lose a lot of the staleness that has risen lately).
  • RexobRexob Member
    Players choose what they're willing to spend in terms of both time & money - the rewards weren't a secret or changed. The guilds KNEW what the rewards were and CHOSE to pursue them.
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Rexob wrote: »
    Players choose what they're willing to spend in terms of both time & money - the rewards weren't a secret or changed. The guilds KNEW what the rewards were and CHOSE to pursue them.

I know what my paycheck is and still choose to go into work every day...yet I’m still happy when I get a raise! What’s wrong with wanting to feel like your time/resource investment pays off appropriately?

I don't think it's just about the players. Better rewards would entice players to work even harder, meaning more $$$ for the devs. It's a win-win.
  • echonap wrote: »
    @Barleyman - Lily has a skin. You're right on the rest.

I guess I missed that one. I don't recall ever seeing it as Lily isn't being used much in PvP, at least in the leagues I reach. Was it a silly one, such as making her look like a Christmas Tree? If anyone can post a picture I'd love to see the skin.
    I don’t count Holiday skins as real skins. I want every hero to have a skin I can use that fits them any time of year. What would bother me though, is if every hero that has a skin now had 2 skins before every hero had at least 1 skin. I think the Reptiles are long overdue.

In truth Jack, I'm with you in that I don't really like holiday skins either. The order of new skin creation and release should be:

1) a non-holiday skin for any hero who doesn't have a skin at all, until all heroes have at least one skin
    2) a non-holiday skin for any hero who only has a holiday skin, until all heroes have at least one non-holiday skin
    3) A Holiday skin for any hero who doesn't already have two other skins
  • RexobRexob Member
    I don't think it's just about the players. Better rewards would entice players to work even harder, meaning more $$$ for the devs. It's a win-win.
    Guilds pursue #1 and the top 10 for pride, do you honestly think the GG rewards have ever been worth the time and/or money spent...?
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Barleyman wrote: »

I don't recall ever seeing it as Lily isn't being used much in PvP, at least in the leagues I reach. Was it a silly one, such as making her look like a Christmas Tree? If anyone can post a picture I'd love to see the skin.

What game are you playing? Lily probably benefited from the combat revamp more than any other hero. She is all over every attack and defense team now.

She has a holiday skin. It was one of the new pay-only skins from this Winterfest. Holly or something? I don't have it, so someone else will have to post a picture.
  • Rexob wrote: »

i felt like quoting myself at this moment, http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/196171#Comment_196171 back in july 2017, i said:
    Why don't you announce the prizes before GG starts? Out of other 4 mobile games I have played/am playing, dungeon boss is the only game who doesn't announce guild game prizes until it's live. Any reason for that?

I'd like to know what I will be fighting for before it actually starts so that

1) I won't regret burning massive resources for something I don't like.
    2) more dedication to pursue whatever ranks your guilds are aiming for.
    3) to prevent massive quitting after guild game because of disappointment due to prizes/contents.

Lastly, We'd like to choose how we like to spend our weekends. I could see lots getting pissed if We find out the prize of the guild game is nowhere near our expectation or failed to deliver what was promised like last GG. When people realize there are many things to do for the weekend besides burning their own money fighting for something they don't like, result is the least BF wants to see.

DB is very sneaky, hands down. they know the top guilds will put up some big numbers no matter what the rewards are. PA will still sky rock the scoreboard even if the event reward was 500 gold. but this resulted in people quitting the game out of disappointment, every godamn time.

sometimes i think db hires trolls to mess with the community. the trolls will come out and say stuffs like
    qzhj3oska070.jpg

oh yea, these kinda comments will make one guild go berserk and DB wins. thats not all, along with other bs such as
    "MK is too op! he wipes my whole team first round! imma bash him everyday on forums until hes deleted from the game"
    "shade is also op, just to sound fair, shade also needs to be looked at. but i aint gonna make any thread about it so devs will soon forget and not touch him"
    "DR emily is too op! 100% DR makes the game unplayable!" yet, we had 0 problem killing 100% DR ekko and we had so much variety in pvp offense and defense prior to the combat revamp, vs now all we see is lily solaris ferno ekko.

come on devs, you dont need such person in MFG, you guys make enough bad calls, you dont want another person leading you to the wrong side.

i truly hope db to be better in the future, this game gives me pleasure.
  • @Stan2theMax someone in mfg said that ?
  • CurTotoroCurTotoro Member
    edited January 22
    Well, I’ll speak as a mid-level player (lvl 47) in a guild that is made up of several dedicated players, but also several more casual players. About a dozen of our guild worked to complete all of the challenges and spend all stamina they could get (tower, etc.) without buying with cash. The rest did some quests, but not all. You’d think we could at least get to the 2nd lowest tier to get the Hansuke skin (which I really wanted and was essentially the first prize of much value as a final reward), but we finished only about half way there and had to settle for a rune and 10 GT tokens. Of course, I also was able to buy Zomm and Solaris tokens with tickets, so not saying this was a waste of my time, but the ticket thresholds for the tiered goals seemed created to require more than a few guild members to buy lots of stamina, which wasn’t happening in my guild. In fact, by the end of the 1st day it was obvious that any but the lowest tier was not achievable at the rate tickets were given for quests, so I expect many gave up. I’d probably have spent a little to get over the top, but we weren’t ever close enough to warrant that.

So yeah, I guess I need to find a guild with more whales, but this formula discourages interest in these events from the players in guilds below the top 96 (the others all fell below the 2nd lowest prize tier).
  • Wasi wrote: »
    - Icebloom skin, as per Ekko, another skin for a hero who already has a skin - also a hero that is rarely used (I really don't get this two hero skin thing)

I have to disagree on Icebloom being rarely used. Before the revamp & Goretusk she was a was a member of one of my staple teams. (Well maybe that's an argument for how she's NOW rarely used.)

But every time my 4yr old watches me play she makes me use "Elsa".

• lythander wrote: »

I have to disagree on Icebloom being rarely used. Before the revamp & Goretusk she was a was a member of one of my staple teams. (Well maybe that's an argument for how she's NOW rarely used.)

But every time my 4yr old watches me play she makes me use "Elsa".

As a father of a 5 year old I feel your pain on having to use Elsa. Whats even worse is that Elsa seems to be popping up in all of my games (DB, Battlerite, League)
  • LOL.. maybe i need to show WoW to my kid.. Maybe then he will ask me to use orc/ogre or undead heroes instead
  • WasiWasi Member

Just off the top of my head without really putting any thought into it -

- Guild Rune, higher stats (ie - if superior runes provide 600/300 attack stats, give this one 650/350 or similar 10% increase for a defense rune and maybe a unique fourth stat)
    - Icebloom skin, a new skin for a hero that does not have a skin (hold the phone)
    - 5 heroic summons, how about 5 or 10 VIP summons?
    - GT tokens, how about 50 tokens of the hero of your choice (some may have GT 6* but not Marrow, for example)

and some other rewards like - a free 2 hour rune unequip, 1000 stamina mail to be used at any time (to compensate some of the stamina spent during the event), 100 or 200 mats of your choice (rather than having to choose a mat bundle with tickets where you only get the benefit of one mat because you have all other mats (ie metal materials) at 999 due to the lopsided or inconsistent crafting requirements.

There are plenty of extra value adds that the devs always put in the shop at a cost that could be provided as a use any time reward without having to even think outside the box.
    ---
    The Potato Army