Lost account + Purchase going to the wrong account

Hello all,

I was buying a gem bundle in the shop, after paying it on PlayStore my game crashed.
After this, every time I opened the game it instantly crashed.

My first thought was to restart my cellphone, and I did it a couple of times (even tried to remove the battery) but there was nothing that could make my game login again. That was the time I started reading suggestions on forum, and one of the admins said to reinstall the game.

By my surprise, it worked. The game entered but then a strange message showed up, like it was the first time I was login. At first I thought it was just because I have re-downloaded the game but then I've noticed I was back at level 1, and worst: the gems I bought somehow bugged and they were credited the moment I entered in this new account, level 1.

I've contacted customer service support but I have a few concerns, which is why I'm creating this topic:
First, the support takes 24-72 hours, which isn't bad but essentially I bought the gems to participe in the all legendary heroic summon event and I'll lose it completely, not to mention the other events and the daily tasks that I will miss. I hope you guys take this into account.
Second, I have read a bunch of comments in the playstore and this error seem to happen quite a lot. It would be wise to only allow logins into the game if you have created a big fish account since most of the people quit the game when have this issue instead of having the patience to starting all over again. Another option is to use playstore's account to save data when no account is linked.
As a game developer myself, I would highly recommend you to fix it ASAP because it's easier to go look for another game than expecting a response for 3 days.

I didn't had any contact to anyone from the crew yet, but the game seem to be pretty stable and I have a very good image of it, that's why I have invested my time and money from the very first days of playing. I hope this image that I have from the game sticks;
In order to do so, I'll write down my expectations to next steps of this problem.

What I'm expecting now is:
- Get my account back as soon as possible
- Find a way to "create a big fish account"/"link my recently created account" for it since it's the only way to retrieve my data if I ever change my cellphone
- Change my purchase to the right account, since it was obviously a flaw of the game.
- Optional: Compensation for the lost days of playing. It's important to take care of your public, every successful company knows that. If the steps mentioned above are applied fast and without too much bureaucracy I would say that this can be ignored. Otherwise, it would be very good to compensate for the trouble of a failed game designed.

Thanks for the attention,
Tagged:

Comments

• You need to contact customer support to get this looked at.

However, you uninstalled the game before creating a big fish account, so you might be screwed as far as account recovery. Hopefully not.

Good luck.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @xWhiteWolf. Customer support will be able to help you recover your account even if you didn't register it, but it might take a bit longer. Let me know if you don't hear from them withing 72 hours. The way to make a Big Fish account is is to go to the profile screen (tap on your username in the upper left corner of the town screen), then go to the Options tab and tap the Show Account button. Customer support manages crediting and compensation, so I can't guarantee exactly what they'll be able to do there, but they are generally very reasonable. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Thank you for the replies, I'm still hoping for the best :(

@Joel
    Anyway my feedback still remains, I think you guys should somehow link the game data to the google account or only allow logins from registered big fish accounts, otherwise the game will always have a low rate because most people that is affected quit and change the review to 1 star in playstore.

As for now, I thought about raising a dispute about the last purchased gems but I'll trust in the customer support for a few days before doing it.
    I'll let you know about any updates.
    Thanks in advance, at first I felt sad that I lost my chance to get Zoom in heroic portal. :neutral: but now I only want to recover my account to start playing the game again, it is a really good game after all.

I would also like to recognize your positive atitude and the quick reply, it gave me hope that the Dungeon Boss team won't fail me in this one.
    Regards,
  • xWhiteWolfxWhiteWolf Member
    edited January 29
    It's been more than 72 hours, the last response I got was on past wednesday (January 24). I'll transcript the answer here:

<EDIT: Redacted. Please do not publicly post CS emails :) -Joel>

A few hours later I responded with the screenshot, by the time I'm writing this I've already sent at least 4 replies throughout the days and I'm still without access to my account, which really bothers me :neutral: I'll be patient once more and wait until the end of this week for a reply. If no one contact me in the next days I'll uninstall the game, change my review about it in the playstore and start a dispute about all the purchases I've made in the game so far.
    It's really annoying that I've lost my entire save with days of work for such a ridiculous bug, and even more annoying that it happened the way it did during an event that probably won't happen anytime soon and crushed my chances of getting everything I wanted (including rewards of daily tasks such as pwn tower, daily quests, events and my dungeon season).

Again, I'm really hoping for the best here. I've liked this game very much but I've lost an event that I was waiting for, and many others that came after because of a bug that is well known and happens with many players, and what is worse is that I got caught by it following the steps of a dev member in a past topic.

I'm counting with your support,
    Best regards.
    Post edited by Joel on
    edited January 29
    Hi @xWhiteWolf, I'll escalate this. Please PM me your reference number from your customer support email.
    Hey @xWhiteWolf. I'm told that your account should be taken care of now. Also, in the future, please don't post CS emails publicly. Our Terms of Service asks that players not publicly post private messages from customer support. :)
  • Thank you so much about the support and sorry about posting, I must confess I didn't read the whole terms of service (what a shame) but I only replied because you said I should in case of delay.

Anyway, the problem was solved. Thanks for the attention.

The topic can now be closed/deleted.
    No problem. If something like this happens in the future (which it hopefully won't), just you can PM me with CS messages, we just ask that they aren't put in public posts.
  • TheMustTheMust Member
    I have the same problem but after i send a problem and the reply to the customera servicd they didnt respond...
    Hey @TheMust, when did you contact customer support? They can take up to 72 hours to respond.
  • HadrainHadrain Member
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, just wanted to say that I have the same issue with 2 purchases in the last week that have crashed my account and then credited the gems to the level 1 account it auto created when I re-installed , so looks like this is still happening to people. I've got a ticket up with CS, so hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

I'm very wary of buying anything from the shop now though in case this happens again, so would be good to know if a fix is being worked on! :)
  • AzverAzver Member
    Hey I've got a lost account that I put in a request for at 10:20 am central on June 1st and I'm wondering how much past 10:20 am today before getting worried? I had all the info plus a new big fish acct, it has a level 1 on it that can be replaced by the level 66 I'm hoping to get retrieved. Any info would be nice thank you.
    Hey @Hadrain. Please respond to the last email you got from customer support explaining the situation and they'll get things sorted out. Don't make a new CS request though, as that will result in a slower response and make things more difficult to track down on their end. :)
  • HadrainHadrain Member
    Thanks Joel. I already have someone from CS helping me out with it :) I was just a bit concerned that it will happen again if I buy anything else from the store, so was wondering if it's on a bug fix list anywhere!
    It's on our radar :)