How can I keep my brains?

When an opposing Zomm tries to eat the brains of one of my heroes, what is their success based on? Or, what is my hero's "resistance" base on?

What can I add to my hero to keep him from losing his mind (to an opposing Zomm)/

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Nothing. It’s a guaranteed burial. It can’t miss on dead targets either.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • If your hero doesn't die from the attack they keep their brains. If they do die from the attack or are already dead, it's guaranteed.

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • If you have an Overlord Executum on vigil, he can jump in front of corpses, its kinda frustrating actually.
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I heard if you want to keep your brain, don’t play DB. I’m off to see the wizard to get another one.
  • Holy crap, I just realized there are two forum users sirtainly and sirolk99...for the longest time I thought there was just one "sir" person. :D
  • Lol took ya long enough ;)

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Yes-Sir!

• As a side question, what can prevent Shade from Possessing? What does 6% Possess Resist mean?

ozq68rm5e3nt.jpeg
  • More Def, DR, or HP is probably the answer. Keep your core PvP heroes equipped with the best runes you have available to maximize their effectiveness.
  • As a side question, what can prevent Shade from Possessing? What does 6% Possess Resist mean?

ozq68rm5e3nt.jpeg

1) Don't die. i know it's a dumb answer but that's the most effective one.
    2) Use beasts with solaris.. Shade cannot possess dead beast that still has the leather.
    3) A decoy. This trick depends on the heroes you and opponents have.. If I see a Shade with lotsa bulwark and DR runes, instead of Attack/Power, then I might put a level 35 hero, so that it will die the first round.. Shade will happily possess my Lvl35 hero --> This is assuming my other 3 heroes can beat all of them. Throw in Zomm to even the odds.
  • Thanks @darren.

My question, however, was rhetorical and meant to point out the absurdity of Possess Resist. Personally, I have NEVER seen Possess fail except on heroes with spirit immunity (Solaris/Ekko) or those with feathers.
  • Yeah.. i have no idea what "possess resist" actually means.. I have seen 100% success too, except for those 2 cases..
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited January 23
    Wait, you can't posses heroes with Phoenix feather right? Because I couldn't posses this one grog and it cost me the match.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Wait, you can't posses heroes with Phoenix feather right? Because I couldn't posses this one grog and it cost me the match.

You can't possess them, but you can still eat their brains. The feather is just a tasty garnish.
  • Correct. The brain gets purged before eating.
  • When a corpse has Phoenix feather, he/she/it cannot be possessed. Hopper also cannot step on the corpse with feather.
    However, Zomm can remove the brain.
    Leonidus dealing a dead blow can also remove the corpse, even though the hero has feather.

With that said, Shade cannot possess heroes with feather, but normally what happens is Shade will spirit link and steal the feather..
  • darren wrote: »
    Leonidus dealing a dead blow can also remove the corpse, even though the hero has feather.

Really? I did not know that. Thought the feather protected from Leo too.

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited January 24
    I don't think that is correct. That should not happen, and hasn't for me. I'll pay attention next time. It's possible.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!