Can You Beat The New Tower

sirolk99sirolk99 Member
edited January 19 in Tower of Pwnage Talk

Can You Beat The New Tower 61 votes

Yes, it's still possible
72%
FrogatismthornioechonapJackHallow666PalinoHompipahphoxterImpossiblemanObiWanCannolishiggity80bvs72spiffymcbangBrazyWolfreichgraddersFatCat69MattCauthronCrimson_the_KidkuyaigsAllasamallia 44 votes
No, it's too hard
27%
thegeminiguysirolk99Corvetteken1irish1371Cypress_PetechpowerhouseKnurthudson1520BeedlepuredaemonValieiLelouchcloudIronsideYummyMarshIndy777Faendyrnriviera 17 votes
Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions

Comments

• No, it's too hard
    Haven't been able to beat all the floors since defenders got runes update! :(
  • Yes, it's still possible
    Still auto running every day with less than 3 heroes lost.
    Same team from level 1-12. Rarely lose a hero. Doesn't mean it's "fair".
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Well what does "fair" mean? Plenty of people are able to complete the tower literally with their eyes closed and picking random heroes. To me that means the difficulty level compared to the power cap is very easy. So now fair becomes a very subjective term as to how many people should be able to complete the tower for it to be "fair".

I don't think that can be easily answered and I highly doubt the players opinion would match the devs.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Yes, it's still possible
    Any level 70 players with a decent team should be able to easily do it. I have no idea what it is like for newer players but it does not seem completely fair. However we do get the significant advantage that zomminions get reincarnated to thier original form for the next floor.
  • I won’t vote since my answer has to be yes and no, though mostly it is no anymore. I’m level 70 with 38 6*, though runeing up has not been a big thing for me, mostly greater runes. Reading through the many threads since the Tower change and based on what I can see day to day I wonder if the Tower creation and runes on both sides has a bug, the Tower difficulty varies greatly sometimes for me day to day, while for others it is either a pounding or a waltz. I know there is no way I can auto-run, not even close with 4+ Solaris beast teams some days. I also still don’t really have a clue on the revamp and GT’s DR, I’ve been running into these teams where my 70 Shade and Shadow can’t make a dent with their attacks while Zomm can’t take out a weakened Solaris with taste-for-brains. My runes may just be too weak, hard to tell when unlike PvP you can’t see what you are up against, not seeing the defenders runes makes it difficult to identify if there is a bug in the Tower combat. If the Devs would try de-runing the Tower for both teams for a test period it might help to at least see if it is all about runes or if maybe something else is going on. Unfortunately the Devs turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to fixes, blocked shinies and targeting ring any bells?
    as a level 60 with mostly level 53 heroes as a whole i can USUALLY do it unless i plan poorly for the solaris teams
  • (Got an error trying to vote)

Yes, its still possible, BUT:

At level 70, especially for the towers with multiple Solaris teams, you need well runed solid teams with a strong roster backbench and a good understanding of how your teams and commonly used heroes (like Solaris, Zomm, Shade, etc.) work. You need to watch your timing and strategy.

I suspect as my roster power grows and my primary teams are even better runed (i.e. all Superior/Legendary or better) I, too, will join the group that can run most of it with one team. I'm also still mastering the art of timing on some of my teams.

Right now if I get no Solaris levels I can usually make it through the tower with 1 team unless I get really unlucky.

If I get 3-5 Solaris teams I go through a few solid teams of my own and several backbench roster teams to power throguh if something goes wrong. I can -usually- finish those towers, but it takes me a lot of time and work. Some days I'm just not up for it.

Well what does "fair" mean? Plenty of people are able to complete the tower literally with their eyes closed and picking random heroes. To me that means the difficulty level compared to the power cap is very easy. So now fair becomes a very subjective term as to how many people should be able to complete the tower for it to be "fair".

I don't think that can be easily answered and I highly doubt the players opinion would match the devs.

I don't think that's the case anymore. They hit WAY harder than we do; their defense is way higher than ours is; and this is for level 63 and 64 defenders vs all 5* Legendary Superior runed 70s.

I wish the @Joel and company would investigate and comment. They've said that the tower is now runed, but there is something definitely running amok. Whether they are scaling lower level defenses UP to compensate for the level difference at 70 (and scaling too much) or simply applying the wrong runes or health buff to the defender's side, something is WRONG. And people who don't have all legendary runes definitely notice it.
    I run level 61 Gore Grog Pig Sol with average runes and get through it only losing a hero or two.
  • No, it's too hard
    Can usually get through it there are 3 or fewer sol teams 4 maybe sometimes not always 5+ no chance will always lose heros and not have enough strength and now they have put the tower at the heart of the guild games
    There are so many options.
  • Don't you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • Does wishing I was better simply mean spend more money? No thanks, I’ll keep my cash and do the best I can. I’m still just unclear on GT and DR in the new revamp, I thought DR was reduced, I keep getting Solaris-GT teams in the Tower I can’t touch, my best level 70s attacks do only double digit to low triple digit damage while thier attacks have normal damage and simply wipe out everything I send in. There is no way I can possibly beat the Tower under these conditions and it does not seem to matter what team I send in nothing works when no attacks by any team results in reasonable damage.
    I don't even have that great of a roster and I can beat it 50% of the time, sometimes without any heroes dying. Not sure what all the fuss is about tbh.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • There is a reason I suspect a bug in the Tower, since I have found myself and read threads from others that suggest players are regularly having wildly different experiences. Some have apparently noticed virtually no difference since runes were added while others now regularly find the Tower impossible. I don’t PvP much so what I do see when I PvP is generally different than my Tower experience so I don’t have a good basis of comparison with that aspect of the game. As someone else mentioned I faced level 64 Solaris & GT teams that take so little damage they chew up an entire roster of 70 6* is it all just the runes or is there a bug that is showing up for some players? I can’t be sure and the Devs are silent so who knows?
    Many people don’t remember how hard the tower was was it was first introduced a couple years ago. The way it is now is not nearly as tough.

Back then I don’t think I had 30 heroes, or I just barely had 30. The player would often be level 40 facing level 55 teams. We had to sacrifice a lesser hero to get them to use up their special attacks. It took a lot of strategy. It was tough but doable. I lost on floor 11 my first run, and have never lost since.

Before the change we had 70+ heroes. We have epics and the tower enemies didn’t. We had runes and the tower enemies didn’t. It was too easy with all those advantages. They had to make it somewhat challenging again. Believe me it’s still easier than it used to be.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif

I’m gonna disagree here. I have a strong roster and if I were to pick at random with my eyes closed I would prob not make it to the top.

Ok some days that might be possible if I get easier floors but with this new update it’s gotten significant harder, even for high end players.
    Totally agree. I used to have a good time picking the first four and using them until they died and then grabbing the next random hero in the list. Made for some interesting and unwieldy combinations but it was always fun figuring out how to make them work. These days, that would not go well at all.
    Just beat it again with the same team throughout. Shade, Shadowblade, Dhaegon, Zomm. 3 consecutive floors with Solaris.
  • No, it's too hard
    Hmm maybe I should finish leveling up shadowblade and his runes, give this team a try. Cheers! :)
  • No, it's too hard
    It's not so much the runes that have made it bad, but having a whole/majority tower of THIS GARBAGE makes it very frustrating!!! Every level solaris/goretusk/tank/warrior. COME ON69f2i9zmpb1s.png

• puredaemon wrote: »
    It's not so much the runes that have made it bad, but having a whole/majority tower of THIS GARBAGE makes it very frustrating!!! Every level solaris/goretusk/tank/warrior. COME ON69f2i9zmpb1s.png

I agree 100%
  • Don’t forget how much fun pack tactics brings to the party, sometimes 8 - 10 attacks per round, feel the burn from the Phoenix.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Yes, it's still possible
    Totally agree. I used to have a good time picking the first four and using them until they died and then grabbing the next random hero in the list. Made for some interesting and unwieldy combinations but it was always fun figuring out how to make them work. These days, that would not go well at all.

Same. Loved picking teams that would otherwise get me crushed. It was so fun. But I guess the goal of the tower isn’t to have ‘fun’. Having fun for 8-15 minutes and then getting 275 gems? Outrageous. You have the struggle for those gems. Those gems are your fun.
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited January 25
    Yes, it's still possible
    My runes & roster are both pretty solid, and I generally think above average. However, there are times when I feel like my Runes do NOTHING in the Tower and that's where I can get screwed. When the Tower has multiple Sol teams, that can be annoying.

My Zomm has max epic, 4300 DEF & 33% DR and that's not including PvP DR; yet I've had him get blown up when paired with Gore & Shade which makes absolutely NO sense.
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70