Should Legendary Heroes be Banned from the Tower?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited January 25 in Tower of Pwnage Talk
We all know Solaris is the most pesky enemy in the tower. And yes, I get it. You high-tier high-level players can still beat the tower. But this question is more focused on the mid-to-lower-tier players who see the tower as completely impossible. I believe removing Solaris would fix that, but I fear it would be a bit too tricky to code just Solaris teams out of the tower - Plus, Zomm teams are pretty pesky, too. So could we just take all Legendaries out of the tower?

Should Legendary Heroes be Banned from the Tower? 30 votes

Yes - Legendaries should be banned for both you and the Tower.
10%
Deathrift_fgaspozYummyMarsh 3 votes
Yes - Legendaries should be banned, but only for the Tower.
3%
Igorokmain999 1 vote
No - Legendaries should not be banned at all.
80%
echonapObiWanCannolibvs72thegeminiguyckall056BrazyTheDragonLordSkulsFatCat69MattCauthronCrimson_the_KidAllasamalliabeasmodeAxiSShadowbanefarfellasirolk99RexobchpowerhouseFrogewithhatMaxBeamer 24 votes
No - Legendaries should just be banned for you, and not the Tower.
6%
pyguyofdoomAkno 2 votes

Comments

• Does this change reduce the gem payout at the end?

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Does this change reduce the gem payout at the end?

Not if you pick 'No legendaries for either side' or 'No bans on either side', I'd imagine. If the enemy could have legendaries and you couldn't, the payout should be more - and the payout should be less if you can use them but the enemy can't.
  • spiffymcbangspiffymcbang Member
    edited January 25
    How about just not letting any one hero appear on more than 25% of the floors. So you can't see more than 4 zomm's or 4 Sol's or 4 GT's or 4 shades, you get the idea. Maybe this might add some variety to the tower without something so drastic as a ban on legendaries heroes.

Or if the lower to mid level players are having too much trouble, maybe cap the levels that they can match up against with their own level. Like level 70 can't see a level 74, a level 35 maybe only sees max level 35 instead of level 40s.

Couple of thoughts.

Edit:
    Math is hard. 25% of 12 = 3, not 4. But the point is relevant not the number. Change the % to 33 or the max number to 3 depends on how much restriction you/they want
    Post edited by spiffymcbang on
    litespeed
  • RexobRexob Member
    edited January 25
    The Tower is supposed to be challenging, and despite the fact that I think some days it's total crap, I do not want options to alter the team compositions. Players work hard to earn their heroes and they should have every opportunity to use them. Furthermore, removing Legendary heroes for both sides does change the difficulty of the matchups. Solaris is a HUGE part of beast synergy and by removing her that would remove 30% at minimum of all Beast teams; probably a LOT more...
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • No - Legendaries should not be banned at all.
    This is DB way of telling you to inprove your roster. Do it. Become the boss. Become the only boss. Become the best boss. Become the bosstest bossiest boss bosser boss ever.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    This is DBs way of telling us they don’t like free players. They don’t like @farfella either. I am so glad they love me.
    @farfella @bvs72

Aw, come on, guys! You’re both right!

DB wants us to be the best boss, but you just gotta pay to become that best boss!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Jack, I’m glad you agree about Farfella
    I usually do tend to be right.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @farfella, a bigger left eye(which is obvious) indicates serious wrongness and not rightness.
    bvs72 wrote: »
    @farfella, a bigger left eye(which is obvious) indicates serious wrongness and not rightness.

Wow, no need to get political on us!
    I feel like most the people who complain are lower and for good reason. I couldn't beat the entire thing until around 35 when I got Zomm. It is supposed to have lower payout for lower people because they don't need all that high end loot. That's why it continually gets harder.
  • DoageDoage Member
    I don't believe we should ban heroes just because X player cannot beat the tower. I am currently level 59, and ever since my third or so tower run I have not had any trouble with the tower whatsoever. In fact, I believe the tower is far too easy for the rewards it gives out. Too many people see it as a function in the game that should be easily beatable solely because it is available to the player base. It is hard to find people in the community that believe the tower should actually be hard. The tower gives out insanely good rewards 7 day a week. You have to ask yourself: if their are plenty of players, low-level, mid-game, and end-game, that can beat the tower every day, do you really believe that we should just lower the difficulty because you cannot beat the tower 7 days a week?
    Doage wrote: »
    I don't believe we should ban heroes just because X player cannot beat the tower. I am currently level 59, and ever since my third or so tower run I have not had any trouble with the tower whatsoever. In fact, I believe the tower is far too easy for the rewards it gives out. Too many people see it as a function in the game that should be easily beatable solely because it is available to the player base. It is hard to find people in the community that believe the tower should actually be hard. The tower gives out insanely good rewards 7 day a week. You have to ask yourself: if their are plenty of players, low-level, mid-game, and end-game, that can beat the tower every day, do you really believe that we should just lower the difficulty because you cannot beat the tower 7 days a week?

I can beat it easily every day. But I think it shouldn't be so difficult for lower levels.

At the very least, enemies should not be able to out-level you (since level 70's literally can't be out-leveled), and there should be a limit to how many times Solaris teams should pop up for lower levels in the tower.
    They should scale difficulty and rewards for players under 45 because that is where it gets real easy.
  • Doage wrote: »

I guess I feel like a complete loser. I recently got to Level 70 as a player, but I have to this day NEVER beaten the tower completely. I think before recent changes I was able to get to Level 7 - 9 fairly regularly, and that was before I really started to learn runes and synergies and teams. I've started to get the hang of those things and now have 14 heros with Epics, but with the recent changes I feel so frustrated I hardly ever play tower unless there's something I can only get in the Pwn Shop, or need enough Pwn points to get extra energy, or a quest requires "beat X levels of Tower of Pwnage".

Even now, with the recent/current broken state of the Tower, I think I'd probably "regularly" get to level 5 or 6, even though I'm much stronger/more informed player than I was when I used to get to Level 7 - 10.

I should read up on Tower strategy and stuff in the forum here, but it's so stinking "broken" right now that I feel like it's not worth the effort as it will only make me want to throw my phone at the wall and quit playing DB forever, so I continue avoiding the Tower as much as possible.

I hope it gets fixed. Making as much progress in the game as I have recently keeps me playing DB in general, but the Tower makes me feel the actual emotion of hate, want to swear, and just simply not have any fun at all.

I don't really have enough Tower knowledge to give a good opinion on the "Legendary" or "No Legendary" question. Most of the best "teams" depend on legendary members, I think.
    Gandalf would have rocked Dungeon Boss...
    the Balrog would be a fire version of Igorok...
  • Pretty sure this is called Tower of Pwnage for a reason.... not Tower of Sittingdux (except for floor 12)
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • DoageDoage Member

I can beat it easily every day. But I think it shouldn't be so difficult for lower levels.

At the very least, enemies should not be able to out-level you (since level 70's literally can't be out-leveled), and there should be a limit to how many times Solaris teams should pop up for lower levels in the tower.

Why should enemies not be able to out level you? The tower is meant to be difficult. The tower was not made so you can just breeze through it without any trouble. Since the tower scales in difficultly with each player, I believe it is their own fault if they cannot beat the tower. We shouldn't lower the difficulty just because, what, 10% of lower levels struggle? If you cannot beat it, figure out a way. It is literally that simple.

Why should enemies not be able to out level you? The tower is meant to be difficult. The tower was not made so you can just breeze through it without any trouble. Since the tower scales in difficultly with each player, I believe it is their own fault if they cannot beat the tower. We shouldn't lower the difficulty just because, what, 10% of lower levels struggle? If you cannot beat it, figure out a way. It is literally that simple.

I think it’s unfair that level 70’s can’t be outleveled but anyone lower than that can be.
  • DoageDoage Member

I think it’s unfair that level 70’s can’t be outleveled but anyone lower than that can be.

But it always seems to be the level 70s whining about how "hard" the tower is. Is this a coincidence?

But it always seems to be the level 70s whining about how "hard" the tower is. Is this a coincidence?

Uhm... not sure where you read that, but most people who complain about the tower being impossible are way lower than level 70, lol...

Plus, why do you care? Making the tower easier for lower levels isn't going to affect you at all. Does the idea of lower levels actually being able to get good rewards every day frighten you?
  • DoageDoage Member

Uhm... not sure where you read that, but most people who complain about the tower being impossible are way lower than level 70, lol...

Plus, why do you care? Making the tower easier for lower levels isn't going to affect you at all. Does the idea of lower levels actually being able to get good rewards every day frighten you?

I've read that all throughout the game. I never said it was on the forums. And no. Low levels obtaining rewards does not frighten me. The fact that people believe the rewards that players can obtain from the tower should come easy. It frightens me that people believe the tower should be so easy that we must ban legendary heroes from the tower solely because x player cannot beat the tower. It is sad, really. Too many people in this world believe that everything should just be handed to them without any actual work being done.

I've read that all throughout the game. I never said it was on the forums. And no. Low levels obtaining rewards does not frighten me. The fact that people believe the rewards that players can obtain from the tower should come easy. It frightens me that people believe the tower should be so easy that we must ban legendary heroes from the tower solely because x player cannot beat the tower. It is sad, really. Too many people in this world believe that everything should just be handed to them without any actual work being done.

Yeah, like food, water, and shelter. Those greedy people...