Have we forgotten something?!?

Hi to all the folk at DB!

I want to thank you for these stamina events that I am enjoying not taking part in. As event after event piled on, however, it got me thinking, whatever happened to the tower event you said you were going to run as compensation for the tower being broken for 2-4 days for some players?

I can only speak from a personal perspective but I am really not a fan of the new approach to gameplay - if you can call quick looting "gameplay" - and hope that you get what you needed from these cash grabs and can get back to more enjoyable events in the near future.
@Joel

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    I forgot to let the dog out.
  • danac wrote: »

I thought you were a cat person?
  • danac wrote: »

Ahhh... I was wondering who let the dogs out....

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We're still running normal events, the Dungeon Dash is just meant to be a bonus on top of them. It's just more rewards for playing the game.

And as I've said, we haven't forgotten about the Tower event, but it's something we're having to develop separately. It's coming though.! :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Ooooh oooooooh that smell....
  • danacdanac Member
    Monkeynuts wrote: »
    danac wrote: »

I thought you were a cat person?

yes, but I had a dog too.
    0qirinhn2ocd.jpg

She died two weeks ago.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Poor dog. I know now to keep you away from mine.
  • Sorry danac. I have a small furry friend and I can't imagine losing her. :(
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Their to busy desigining Jabbers Epic.
    nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

• Bump - Been several weeks now . . .
    We haven't forgotten. We're developing an event that actively makes the tower do the one thing we designed it to not allow. This isn't as simple as sending out compensation, we're designing and programming an entirely new event that defies the game's laws of nature.
  • Joel wrote: »
    We haven't forgotten. We're developing an event that actively makes the tower do the one thing we designed it to not allow. This isn't as simple as sending out compensation, we're designing and programming an entirely new event that defies the game's laws of nature.

Honest question, but wouldn't it just be cheaper and faster to give out compensation? Why waste resources creating this event if the same results could have been achieved by just giving folks stamina, gold, aether, gems, etc?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Honest question, but wouldn't it just be cheaper and faster to give out compensation? Why waste resources creating this event if the same results could have been achieved by just giving folks stamina, gold, aether, gems, etc?

This question reeks of dishonesty.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 7
    shiggity80 wrote: »

How so? I agree with shiggity. If the event is an actual event with new content, sure. But if it’s just a day of “you can run the tower 4 times today!” like they have hinted at, and it’s taken this much time to implement, wouldn’t they have been better off just sending out 500 gems and 200 stamina to everyone in the first place??

What do you mean?

Confused.....
  • Joel: And as I've said, we haven't forgotten about the Tower event, but it's something we're having to develop separately. It's coming though.! We haven't forgotten. We're developing an event that actively makes the tower do the one thing we designed it to not allow. This isn't as simple as sending out compensation, we're designing and programming an entirely new event that defies the game's laws of nature.

13:47 xtmn8r What and when will next guild event be?
    we are working to have launch on 2/15. It will be a somewhat new style of event. It is NOT a new hero launch, HOWEVER it will be using some elements as Boss Invasion, mostly associated to scoring. We are still finalizing details which I will have Joel get to you next week once it is finalized and confident it will launch.
    13:48 xtmn8r as i said still in the works. we did take some feedback from previous summits to incorporate into this event
    13:49 xtmn8r complete dungeons
    13:49 xtmn8r dungeons will escalate in difficulty each time you beat it
    13:49 xtmn8r once your hero dies, they can not be used again
    13:51 xtmn8r still working out scoring system and some details

Because sending out 4 day's worth of maximum tower payouts to everyone as compensation would be way too much for many people, but sending out 4 day's worth of the average tower payout as compensation would be way too low for many people. Plus, with the event designed, there's the opportunity for us to use it again in the future.

Because sending out 4 day's worth of maximum tower payouts to everyone as compensation would be way too much for many people, but sending out 4 day's worth of the average tower payout as compensation would be way too low for many people. Plus, with the event designed, there's the opportunity for us to use it again in the future.

I see, some good points made. Appreciate the response!
  • So I'm predicting:
    • 1,000 floor Tower of Pwnage Event
    • Lower floors made laughably easy but escalate greatly.
    • 1 point earned per floor cleared.
    • Threshold based rewards for guilds who achieve 5,000 floors cleared.
    • Exclusive type rewards for Top 50 players. Solaris Skin? Another Community rune?
    • New Green Ultra Rune with like 20% Damage Penetraion to PVE and PvP
    • Roster Reset available in event shop for 2,000 gems

I’m not sure I understand how this will work. If you are implementing this as a new event, doesn’t it have the same problem? Either the rewards for the event are equivalent to the maximum that was missed from the tower bug, in which case some people earning those rewards will get “way too much”, or else the rewards will be something less, in which case some people earning those rewards will get “way too low”.

Also doesn’t this mean, people will have to play/earn/win the event to make up for rewards that they otherwise would have gotten just from doing the tower? What if they don’t have the time or ability?

Also, if it is an event, doesn’t this mean we are all going to have to use stamina, gems, whatever to participate in the event, whereas the rewards that we are missing from the tower would have been “free” to get?

There seem to be a bunch of logic issues with this whole thing. Can you clarify, @Joel ??
  • So I'm predicting:
    • 1,000 floor Tower of Pwnage Event
    • Lower floors made laughably easy but escalate greatly.
    • 1 point earned per floor cleared.
    • Threshold based rewards for guilds who achieve 5,000 floors cleared.
    • Exclusive type rewards for Top 50 players. Solaris Skin? Another Community rune?
    • New Green Ultra Rune with like 20% Damage Penetraion to PVE and PvP
    • Roster Reset available in event shop for 2,000 gems

So people who missed a few days worth of tower rewards would have to “earn” those rewards back by performing well in the event and/or possibly being in a good guild? That seems like a faulty way of reimbursing people for a bug.
  • Who knows? But we've been asking for an infinite Tower event for like 2 years. If it cost us like 1000 gems and 1000 stamina to get this type of event .... good god ... let's pay it and just say thank you!!!!

Confused.....

I thought the sarcasm was obvious lol Come on Shiggity how long have you known me!
  • Who knows? But we've been asking for an infinite Tower event for like 2 years. If it cost us like 1000 gems and 1000 stamina to get this type of event .... good god ... let's pay it and just say thank you!!!!

I suppose that’s true. Just doesn’t feel right that reimbursement for something ends up needing to be “earned”. But you’re right, might be worthwhile anyway. Something like that would be the most we’ve had for new content in over a year.
    We've said from the beginning that this will be an event that will allow you to run the tower additional times. The new guild event is completely separate from this.
  • I apologize for confusing the 3 events. Challenging to keep track.
    • Event 1: 2/15 that xtmn8r discussed during the summit. Boss Invasion type event where dungeon counts matter and heroes cannot be re-used.
    • Event 2: 2/22 New hero event that isn't a Boss Invasion
    • Event 3: Towers can be run multiple times.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 7
    Whelp, so much for that brief burst of excitement. Back to a month+ wait to just run the tower multiple times instead of them just sending out fair reimbursement.

Which still doesn’t make sense to me. Whole reason for not sending out reimbursement was that some people would get more than they deserved and some would get less. If everyone is allowed to run the tower an additional X times on a day, we are going to end up with some people earning more than the deserved and some earning less. So yeah, seems like a big waste of time and resources resulting in a bunch of annoyed players.