Upcoming Game Changes (05-Feb-2018)

14:12 xtmn8r Running out of time but wanted to give you a brief update of things coming up:

New Epic should go out with the Boss Invasionish event

New Hero will likely be the week after the Boss Invasionish event. It will NOT be a Boss Invasion event but something different. Details to come

We will have the next Tier of Runes coming out called ELITE Runes. This will be rolled out soon in preparation for new content

We will be increasing the level cap to 80 (early to mid March)

With level cap changes, expect new, MUCH HARDER content dungeons to complete
Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions

Comments

• RexobRexob Member
    After reading the entire discussion I'm pessimistically cautious, especially following the PvP reward revamp...
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited February 5
    note to @xtmn8r :smile:

Very much appreciate new rune tier and lovelovelove new content!

Please, I beg you, be very careful not to "overcompensate" and make new tier prices too high and content so hard that it becomes incomprehensibly difficult to complete. I understand the desire for people to want more of a challenge, but seen games go too far...lose players/customers...lose the "charm" of a mobile f2p game that attracts new players. Better suited for a subscription game, in my opinion.

(Willing to explain more in PM if interested.)
  • Prior to making this change how about spending additional time and effort on bug fixes first? There are numerous outstanding fixes pending with a long history of “being looked into”.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 5
    RedE2Quit wrote: »
    Prior to making this change how about spending additional time and effort on bug fixes first? There are numerous outstanding fixes pending with a long history of “being looked into”.

Don’t rush them! Six months is not enough time to fix something as game breakingly consequential as being unable to target the enemy team’s corpses in a meta where 100% of teams rely upon resurrection.

I can see it now...”since solaris was consistently unable to be targeted by zomm’s taste for brains ability, we just removed the corpse removal portion of the skill. We believe this will generate excitement among the playerbase by opening up pvp to more varied teams. To smooth out the reward structure with all that new diversity, we have added a 1,000 gem entry fee for each week’s pvp tourney.”
  • If this level cap increase results in a Tower difficulty increase facing now even higher level opponents with even better runes it may be the breaking point for casual players, like myself. Please consider a multi-tiered Tower structure with an option for lower difficulty with reduced rewards, something like Normal, Challenge & Boss might work.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited February 6
    It took them a year to begin my plan. Come on Devs, do I have to do the programming too. And I still think Epic is a better name than Elite.

3fkqavy6pugq.png
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    It took them a year to begin my plan. Come on Devs, do I have to do the programming too. And I still think Epic is a better name than Elite.

They can't call two different things epic- it would confuse them.
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    14:12 xtmn8r Running out of time but wanted to give you a brief update of things coming up:

New Epic should go out with the Boss Invasionish event

New Hero will likely be the week after the Boss Invasionish event. It will NOT be a Boss Invasion event but something different. Details to come

We will have the next Tier of Runes coming out called ELITE Runes. This will be rolled out soon in preparation for new content

We will be increasing the level cap to 80 (early to mid March)

With level cap changes, expect new, MUCH HARDER content dungeons to complete

That's pretty cool. Figure the "final" end game will be a level 99 level cap. This is a big step up. Works well for me; I'll be hitting L70 right around that time. 2nd half of boss island must then have great mats, etc.
  • RedE2Quit wrote: »
    Prior to making this change how about spending additional time and effort on bug fixes first? There are numerous outstanding fixes pending with a long history of “being looked into”.

Hey, they finally reduced the honor and gem payout for PvP, just like we've all be screaming for. Everyone likes fewer rewards for the same work.
  • Hopefully they don't introduce new resources making all these old ones irrelevant
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't introduce new resources making all these old ones irrelevant

14:20 xtmn8r Key material for Elite Runes will also be moving to the Boss Leaderboard too as an additional vector early on to obtain them
  • I hope they add another new uber resource heavy rune said no one ever.
  • kpung07 wrote: »
    I hope they add another new uber resource heavy rune said no one ever.

I hope they require us to roll fresh new Elite runes by going through the tuning process for our 77 hero rosters. I'm looking forward to spending 77 x 5 x 2000 gems. (770,000 gems)
  • Drocas wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't introduce new resources making all these old ones irrelevant

14:20 xtmn8r Key material for Elite Runes will also be moving to the Boss Leaderboard too as an additional vector early on to obtain them

So glad i've been stockpiling resources :)
    KuK1uXt.png
  • RedE2Quit wrote: »

Don’t rush them! Six months is not enough time to fix something as game breakingly consequential as being unable to target the enemy team’s corpses in a meta where 100% of teams rely upon resurrection.

I can see it now...”since solaris was consistently unable to be targeted by zomm’s taste for brains ability, we just removed the corpse removal portion of the skill. We believe this will generate excitement among the playerbase by opening up pvp to more varied teams. To smooth out the reward structure with all that new diversity, we have added a 1,000 gem entry fee for each week’s pvp tourney.”

I am very happy to read this. I thought it was my fat fingers each time failing on the brain eat....ok, well on reflection, now maybe not happy, because I lost several tower runs based on that....grrrrr....

• @joel please make 70-80 an outrageous amount of xp, i really don't want to see everyone maxed in a day. Please also make it an outrageous amount of gold and resources to level all these heros up.
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Someone hit the quote button a few times lol
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Read the recap; it sounds like in order to get daily crowns it will take between 50-100 stamina per day. Speculation on my part, but I think they're going to add "Beat/Quick Loot 10 Ice Dungeons" to the daily routine; make it harder to bank stamina for events, etc.