Losing too much honor?

I left my dungeon chest unprotected for 1 hour and lost 5 battles. Total honor stolen was 1,165. This amounts to an average of 233 honor per battle. I assumed max honor stolen per battle was 140.

Am I missing something?
a7j7oqar1wd0.png
Tagged:

Comments

• The house always takes their cut.
  • Anyone understand what’s going on? Is Boss Fight skimming off the top? Do you lose a % of the rewards for each loss?

I’m struggling for Honor and losing so much in a brief window is disheartening.
  • @joel Happened again. Lost 2 defenses for 135 Honor and 20,700 Gold each yet loot stolen is 388 Honor and 61,148 Gold. I guess I’ll submit a ticket...
    p7wa91yjelbc.png
    34b412vac75g.png
    b837jm6f91jm.png
  • Is 140 supposed to be the cap on lost Honor when your defense is defeated? I lost to 3 attackers while my chest was unprotected last night. Only two of the fights were still viewable in the morning. I lost 140 Honor for each. I can't see the third, but the treasure chest page says I'm going to lose 582 Honor, which would work out to -302 Honor for the third defense loss.
  • For a game with so many numbers, they're awfully bad at math.

Just wish they'd fix the Daeris/Brom rounding issues and the Fury Meter for Solaris.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm having this looked into. At first glance, this seems like a visual bug. The amount of honor that is lost and stolen is fixed by your league, and they are not equal. If you're in Legend 1, you will lose 233 honor per loss, regardless if the person who beat you was also in Legend I or if they're in Champion I. Similarly, the amount of honor you gain will be consistent to your league, regardless of the league of the person you defeat. In the case of Legend I, that number is 140. The honor system has worked this way since it was released two years ago. However, it seems that battle logs might be showing the amounts of gold and honor gained by the victor, not the actual numbers lost by the loser. If that is the case, it is a bug, but not only a visual one.

TL;DR: Battle log numbers might be wrong, but actual payouts are working as they always have.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel thanks for looking into it. Any chance of rebalancing how much Honor we lose per defeat, in light of the recent severe reduction of Honor payouts across the board? 233 Honor seems awfully steep, now.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited February 8
    I just bumped up to Legend 1 and my Stolen Rewards increased too!...huh?!

0dsfkvcj2dwf.png
    oljx2anx4pc5.png
  • Everything is proportional. It’s been like this since the beginning.
  • appleapple Member
    It’s not a visual bug. I lost 3495 of 3500 (on 15 losses) honor and when I claimed the chest, my honor total went up 5.
  • appleapple Member
    The stats page from the battle reports 135 or 140 per loss stolen. So you are saying that is wrong then?
  • Why does the honor lost by the def exceed the honor gained by the offense?
  • Totally agree. Tell my dungeon defenders to look around the room and gather it up because the raiding barbarians just dropped a crap ton of loot on the floor after defeating them.
  • @Joel can you clarify the reasoning why the honor lost by the Def exceeds the honor gained by the Offense (233 v 140, respectively)? If seems if I have $20 and someone takes $5 from me... I should have $15, not $10.
    We have the imbalance between the honor gained by an attacker and lost by a defender because we expect players to attack others more times then they are attacked. If the numbers were equal, it would greatly reduce the value of putting up a good defense, because the loss would simply be negligible.
    I'll bring it up to the team. :)
  • Very well articulated, @ScoutYo.

And thank you for addressing it, @Joel
  • Thanks, @Joel . I know we give you a hard time on some of these issues, but your willingness to engage and pass things along is genuinely appreciated. :)