Revisit Masuta Kira revamp

This question's geared primarily toward devs, but player input is greatly appreciated.

I was wondering if there's been enough time/data to justify taking another look at Masuta Kira's "nerf." His star has fallen so far -- he's no longer a consideration in most line-ups. With the plethora of really strong, well-runed dark and undead heroes, is it worth considering putting him back on steroids? HGH? Low-T supplements? Flintstones Vitamins? Having a 6*, Fully Epic MK with greater/superior legendary runes barely making a dent just seems off to me.

Just food for thought!

Thanks,

Stevus

Comments

• While death blossom is a joke now, looking at the numbers his vibrating palm & dim mak attacks are still really high. But only if he can survive long enough to use them. :/

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • He did get a defensive buff with his nerf.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I'm just not able to see a scenario where he's even remotely viable with his current build. Maybe with the +1 energy runes you might get a chance at using his vibrating palm in pvp assuming he survives round 1 or 2 and Ekko gets involved, but that's hardly practical.

I'm trying to imagine a PvP defense prior to nerf where he was actually OP in upper levels. I guess his nerf was more out of consideration for newcomers?
  • He is terrible right now. But nearly all fast heroes are. Defense stats are so stacked and battles last so long that the fast rogue archtype is pretty useless.

(Shadowblade and hopper only see play because Shade drags them along with his haunted debuff.)
  • I agree that MK has fallen too far. I spent a lot of time building him up, just to have the developers break my heart. ;)

But I am still thrilled with my Hopper ad Lupina, not to mention Shade. Nothing wrong with those fast heroes.
    He is terrible right now. But nearly all fast heroes are. Defense stats are so stacked and battles last so long that the fast rogue archtype is pretty useless.

(Shadowblade and hopper only see play because Shade drags them along with his haunted debuff.)
  • Shade is still the only viable one of those three for me. The defenses out there with upwards of 5500 RP are killer, especially the Gore, Lily, Grog, Sol teams. They kind of just giggle at me when I come around. Can't seem to crack that nut ;)
    Corcorran wrote: »
    I agree that MK has fallen too far. I spent a lot of time building him up, just to have the developers break my heart. ;)

But I am still thrilled with my Hopper ad Lupina, not to mention Shade. Nothing wrong with those fast heroes.
    He is terrible right now. But nearly all fast heroes are. Defense stats are so stacked and battles last so long that the fast rogue archtype is pretty useless.

• StevusStevus Member
    So... Any movement on MKs redeux? Lol
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Given the wave of hero reworks, I think MK needs to be re-visited. It would be the perfect time to buff him, as well as other Rogues. Remember when Shadowblade and Willow were legitimate picks? Remember when people used Black Diamond - like, at all?

Most of the Rogues could be re-visited. I'd say the only Rogues that are fine in their current place are Hopper and Viperia. Even Torchy has started to fall behind. And yes, I get Torchy is viable on a Flying team, but a hero should not need an entire team of other heroes just to be useful.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • echonapechonap Member
    With GT and Ferno, even if MK was restored to pre-nerf MK, he would be practically useless. He did not need a nerf in the first place.
  • Before I had Zomm or Solaris, (back at level 30 mind you, not when anything relevent mattered) I used MK BD SB and Emily... I guess MK must have carried me because I would 1 shot nearly any team I fought with just MK...
    I’ve said this idea before, but give Rogues a class trait like how Casters have extra damage vs Slows and Tanks. Like, all Rogues get 15% Damage Penetration (which yes, also means they essentially get 15% extra Attack), remove Shifty on any Rogues who have it, and give all Rogues passive for a natural 20% chance to Dodge.

I doubt even all that would be enough, so of course each hero would have to be reworked individually. Bring MK back to his pre-nerf state and then some. Buff the heck out of Willow, Indigo, Black Diamond, and Shadowblade. Maybe even buff Torchy and Viperia slightly.
  • StevusStevus Member
    I realized it's been months since I've lobbied for this, so I really appreciate folks chiming in again! I've said it a bunch, but MKs debuff came well after his strengths were already mitigated by new metas. The best counter-argument I've found was that in low-rank (i.e. new player) PvP, Masuta was still OP despite new metas. Makes some sense, but I still feel devs went too far at the expense of longtime spenders players.
    Yup. MK needed a nerf or the Undead needed a buff. Both was too much.
    Yup. MK needed a nerf or the Undead needed a buff. Both was too much.
  • The thing was, MK destroyed anyone at low levels. He still needs a buff but not to be that powerful that low.
  • The thing is, somebody decent destroys everyone at low levels.

FIFY
  • Eh. Not too many people can carry that low level. The heroes like that I can think of, Grog, Zomm, Solaris, and Koros take a long time to get.
  • Or you get lucky on your first 10x summon and get a few. I got Grog, Shade and Lily in mine. This was pre-Zomm/Solaris, but it was easy street to Legend III.
  • StevusStevus Member
    edited April 18
    Would just love to see an mk comeback. I'd even settle for a good black diamond epic. Those light fast rogues were a fun combo especially in pve and tower.
  • WilbeanWilbean Member
    The entire line of yellow heroes needs a revamp. When was the last time anyone saw or used one in PvP with the exceptions of Leonidus and sometimes Ekko (now replaced by Agnon)?

MK's debuff should be revisited. I'd love to see Black Diamond get an epic and a buff. Emily's Resurrection ability needs to have its energy cost greatly reduced to make her viable as a Solaris alternative. Alexandros needs to be made useful period. I'm a level 70 who started playing shortly before Igorok was introduced and my Alexandros is still not fully ascended because I have no incentive to do so.
    Wilbean
  • I think Emily could have a res at 2 turns. I know that sounds crazy but it's single target, she can't self res, Solaris team resses every three... why not?
  • danacdanac Member
    I think Emily could have a res at 2 turns. I know that sounds crazy but it's single target, she can't self res, Solaris team resses every three... why not?

what, you don't think a 25 turn recharge is short enough?

• I think Emily could have a res at 2 turns. I know that sounds crazy but it's single target, she can't self res, Solaris team resses every three... why not?

I like this idea. She needs something else, too - she should be considered a flying creature! After all, she has wings and does fly.

As for Solaris? I think it's cool, but far too heavy a character. The team res is great, but every three turns is a bit too frequent.

• echonapechonap Member
    Corcorran wrote: »
    As for Solaris? I think it's cool, but far too heavy a character. The team res is great, but every three turns is a bit too frequent.

It's not every three turns. It's when her fury meter fills up. Could be back to back turns.

• That too. Her self res(with beast allies) is up to three turns and that’s generally when you want to use it
  • StevusStevus Member
    Nice idea on Emily @MrTheWaffleKing and agree that light heroes need some love.
  • This is my first visit here in months. Glad to see many of the whales have moved on.

Be careful what you complain about on here. Last fall, I complained about DB taking money from players building MK, then nerfing the piss out of him when they wanted to shift the meta to Zomm at Halloween in order to milk money on undead toons at Halloween.

Then I got "mysteriously" locked out of the game throughout the entire Christmas-winter event. I got booted from my guild obviously since I couldn't produce. I posted here asking for help getting back in starting the day I was locked out, I submitted a ticket and followed up on it.... nothing. For literally weeks, nothing. Then as soon as the best event of the year was over, I got a response on my ticket saying they could get me back in. Lol.

If they were trying to run me off, it worked (which is what I believe but can't prove). I haven't played since. Not worth investing time & money in a game that will take everything away and leave you locked out until they feel you have been sufficiently punished.

Even you put all other theories aside, it was extremely poor customer service, and I won't invest resources in the event that such a thing would "randomly" occur again and last throughout a major event.
  • StevusStevus Member
    edited April 25
    I'mma keep advocating for my boy MK, albeit respectfully. Sorry you went through that, though @jmcraven. I've added my +1 to more than a few objections with devs and I'll tell you that I've never had them respond other than respectfully (if at all).
  • StevusStevus Member
    I'm smelling a light hero renaissance... Seems too good an opportunity to waste with the upcoming light vs. dark event. Might MK finally get his macros in check!? I wanna get that vibrating palm through some barbarian shields.

Masuta Kira.
    Once powerful. Now? A shell.
    Testosterone? Low.
    ~Haiku by Stevus.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Whoa with how crazy powerful barbs are right now, might MK and the light team be their counter? You're on to something good stevus