Finally beat tower completely for the first time.

I still have not been a daily tower player because I didn't think I could benefit enough to justify the time and endure the frustrations. But with the quests today to beat 3 Tower levels in the daily and beat 4 tower levels in the event quests, I went in and just carefully kept working up level by level, and managed to get to level 11 and beat it with 5 heros left in my roster. I entered level 12 with just one hero nearly out of energy and he got a good hit in on Chromos before getting KO'd. Then the remaining team of 4 high level heros waltzed right over Chromos... just cool to beat it for the first time.

Made it to Warlord I for the 2nd time ever today, also. Eventually, I guess I'll even get up to Legendary III, but that's 4400 more points to earn... with 6 days left in the season, who knows, though, maybe I'll get there.
Gandalf would have rocked Dungeon Boss...
the Balrog would be a fire version of Igorok...

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    Do it 99 more times and you get the extra hidden floors unlocked.
  • Very funny...

Well, I'll take the payout of 99 more times, sure... it'll probably take me at least 500 tries to do that
  • Congrats! :)

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • I still have not been a daily tower player because I didn't think I could benefit enough to justify the time and endure the frustrations. But with the quests today to beat 3 Tower levels in the daily and beat 4 tower levels in the event quests, I went in and just carefully kept working up level by level, and managed to get to level 11 and beat it with 5 heros left in my roster. I entered level 12 with just one hero nearly out of energy and he got a good hit in on Chromos before getting KO'd. Then the remaining team of 4 high level heros waltzed right over Chromos... just cool to beat it for the first time.

Made it to Warlord I for the 2nd time ever today, also. Eventually, I guess I'll even get up to Legendary III, but that's 4400 more points to earn... with 6 days left in the season, who knows, though, maybe I'll get there.

Congrats! It gets easier once you get the hang of it. Basically sacrifice 1 hero at a time to use up their fastest hero's ability, then come in with your main team. Rinse and repeat and you should be fine!

The rewards are good, especially mid-game. Good luck!
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    Congrats! It gets easier once you get the hang of it. Basically sacrifice 1 hero at a time to use up their fastest hero's ability, then come in with your main team. Rinse and repeat and you should be fine!

The rewards are good, especially mid-game. Good luck!

That might work better than what I've been trying. I've usually been running a 2 - 4 hero team as a "sacrifice" to try and get the tower team to use up as many special attacks as possible before bringing in a strong team to kick their ****. For the most part I just have 2 "strong" teams, a partially complete Shatter team and then working on building up others...

BEAST - Lupina, Goretusk, Solaris & Grog Gnog... occasionally I might swap in Bovus for Goretusk, or possibly Lupina...

UNDEAD - Hansuke, Yorick, Brom, Zomm... occasionally swapping in Koros or Pontifex for Yorick

SHATTER - Icebloom, Igorok, Grog-Gnog... still determining the 4th team member and whether to put them before those 3 or after...

Working on building up Shade, Shadowblade, Lily, Ferno, Astrid, Daeris, Rocky, Leo and Hopper...

I guess I worry that if I run only one sacrifice to use up the fast hero's ability, the Tower team will still damage my main team too much or kill one of its members... but it sure won't hurt to try it out a few times....

• I guess I worry that if I run only one sacrifice to use up the fast hero's ability, the Tower team will still damage my main team too much or kill one of its members... but it sure won't hurt to try it out a few times....

sacrifices can vary in number based on your total roster and goals.
    Sometimes one just to trigger specials- tanks like stonefist can be good for that.
    Some times you might want to send in 4 just try and pick one of theirs off.
  • danac wrote: »
    I guess I worry that if I run only one sacrifice to use up the fast hero's ability, the Tower team will still damage my main team too much or kill one of its members... but it sure won't hurt to try it out a few times....

sacrifices can vary in number based on your total roster and goals.
    Sometimes one just to trigger specials- tanks like stonefist can be good for that.
    Some times you might want to send in 4 just try and pick one of theirs off.

Thanks, danac... that's how I was thinking about it for the "send in 4" part, but I think I will try more frequently sending in just one to draw out an early special...

I keep kicking myself, though, since I very often forget to only enter the tower for the first time on a new tower after winning a PVP match against a lower power team. Usually I am only thinking about popping in to grab some energy from the Pwn Shop... then I end up with a harder tower (if that mechanism is real).
  • Dang it... wrote a post, went back to edit... whole post disappeared!!!

At any rate, beat whole tower once more with advice from here and some luck... next time, not a chance, blown out on like Level 4 or 5. Today, made it to Level 11, but missed my chance to kill Solaris at the right moment and "presto" entire enemy team back and kicking my ****... so, only 2 heros left in my roster, had to throw in the towel, err, tower...
  • BTW, I finally got Leo's 1st ascension, and up to level 67. Looking for advice on how to rune him. At the moment I've got this:

all runes are Heroic, but not Legendary

(L) Greater Planning, at level 15
    (L) Greater Focus, at level 7... mo' money
    (F) Improved Insight, at level 15
    (N) Improved Aegis, at level 15
    (W) Greater Planning, at Level 24... mo' money

Would like to hear what runes people put on Leo and how y'all use him in a PvP or PvE team... Thanks!
  • WasiWasi Member
    I remember spending $100 on both snakes unlock just to use them as cannon fodder in the tower. Those were dark days....
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Yikes... not sure what my total outlay of real $ on the game has been so far... shy of enough to get VIP 5 over a long long period, so I think less than $100...
  • WasiWasi Member
    Tho $100 AU is prob like $3 in the US... I think we’re second only to the Zimbabwe $ in exchange rates at the mo
    ---
    The Potato Army