Elite Runes - See Special Bonus for VIPs with a Sunday deadline

2»

Comments

• xtmn8r wrote: »
    Hey all,

We will be rolling out the next Tier of Runes next week known as Elite Runes. Elite Runes are intended for players level 70 and above. Although not a hard line that level 70 is required, it will be extremely difficult for anyone under level 70 to obtain/craft them. Here is a little info on some crafting changes, general info on crafting requirements, how to obtain some of the new crafting materials and a special bonus to all our Level 70 VIP 10 players.

Binders/Shards: We created a new up crafting mechanic. Think Evo upcrafting. Improved Shards to get 1 Greater Shard etc. Same for Binders but 5 for each step.

We are starting with a limited number of Elite Rune types to start with. Additional versions will roll out at a later date.

Elite Runes will require the following materials to be crafted:
    • 5 Elite Shards
    • 1 Elite Binder
    • 7 Totems
    • 5 Magic Tomes (Acquired via events or converting (salvaging) Legendary Superior Runes)
    • 3 Elemental Force (requires 3 of each spirit to craft 1 EF)
    Converting Legendary Superior Runes for Magic tomes (level 70 players only): For simplicity, we’ve added a quest that will grant you 1 Magic Tome for every Legendary Superior rune salvaged. This allows you to get the Magic Tome plus get your normal binder/shards for salvaging tunes.

All Level 70 players who are VIP 1 or higher as of 11:59pm CDT Sunday Feb 11, 2018 will receive a special gift:
    • VIP 1-4 will get 5 Magic Tome
    • VIP 5-9 will get 10 Magic Tomes
    • VIP 10 will get 25 Magic Tomes

Magic Tomes will be sent to all qualified players on Tuesday

New PvE content will be released around late March. Players will be able to obtain Magic Tomes and various other crafting materials through the new content

The Seasons Boss Leaderboard will eventually be changed such that the minimum requirement will be player level 70.

He didn't say WHICH Tuesday...
  • So the magic times didn't go out?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • This sounds awesome! It’s nice to see some loyalty towards players that have vip levels.
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    So the magic times didn't go out?

Missing tower runs
    Missing comp from wrong warrior event
    Missing magic tomes

I see a nice trend happening here...
  • xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Magic tomes will be released when we deploy the Elite Runes. We had some bugs to address so decided not to release it yesterday. Timing will be either today or tomorrow and ~15 later players who will get their Magic Tomes.
    Comp for warrior event will be 25 Stamina for the people who were logged in during that 45 minute window. essentially anyone who played them got more event tickets then planned so in the end those players got a bonus and didn't really "lose out". That said we did say we'd send something so we will once analyst tells me who was playing during that window
    Comp for warrior event will be 25 Stamina for the people who were logged in during that 45 minute window. essentially anyone who played them got more event tickets then planned so in the end those players got a bonus and didn't really "lose out". That said we did say we'd send something so we will once analyst tells me who was playing during that window

Wait, you guys are spending all this time and resource to determine who gets 25 stamina instead of just giving everyone 25 stamina?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    xtmn8r wrote: »

Wait, you guys are spending all this time and resource to determine who gets 25 stamina instead of just giving everyone 25 stamina?

Time and resources in this case means one person running a simple database query.

Hardly moving mountains to accomplish it.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Time and resources in this case means one person running a simple database query.

If it takes a week to run a simple query then they don’t have the time or resources readily available for compensation analysis. I mean, it’s 25 stamina.

If it takes a week to run a simple query then they don’t have the time or resources readily available for compensation analysis. I mean, it’s 25 stamina.

It takes 5 minutes to run a simple query. It takes a week to get someone who is very busy all day to handle such a low priority task. Yes the players think everything is urgent high important but that simply isn't the reality.

Example: Looking at my current due date list I have over 1,000 tax returns that need to be prepared or extended by April 15th. Many of these things will take under 15 minutes. Does that mean I can/should do them all today this very moment because they only take 15 minutes? Does the fact that I'll get some of the smaller ones done 6 weeks from now mean the return took 6 weeks to complete?

No.
  • So now that the elite runes are out when do we get our magic tomes?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    Magic Tomes have been sent now that Elite Runes are live
    Quest issue was sent 25 Stamina. Probably should've sent it to all although takes same time to get either dataset. That said everyone got bonus event tickets due to this "error" so there was also likely no need to compensate in the end. :)
    Tower event has been problematic. we will get it to work!
  • Ooof level 68 VIP 6 :(
  • nru9kgxfcgxc.png
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
    Hey all,

All Level 70 players who are VIP 1 or higher as of 11:59pm CDT Sunday Feb 11, 2018 will receive a special gift:[/b]
    • VIP 1-4 will get 5 Magic Tome
    • VIP 5-9 will get 10 Magic Tomes
    • VIP 10 will get 25 Magic Tomes

The Seasons Boss Leaderboard will eventually be changed such that the minimum requirement will be player level 70.

This is kind of BS. Why is it only lvl 70 with VIP who will recieve this? I am close to level 70 and with the way you guys just nerfed quest XP it will take me even longer to get to 70. Why should i not get the Magic tomes for spending money on this game? Wouldn't you want to encourage me to keep playing when i know i have some hard to get items waiting on me to hit Level 70? I believe you should open this opportunity to all players of VIP status or none.
  • What is the maximum possible gem cost to tune an elite rune? I don't want to start tuning and find I'm stuck with a crappy half-baked rune because I ran out of gems.
  • Yeah, I don't care HOW MANY Magic Tomes they give me, I'm not making any Elite Runes.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't care HOW MANY Magic Tomes they give me, I'm not making any Elite Runes.

you know you want to.
    Look how shiny they are, kitty!
2»