Does the PvP defense cheat?

bvs72bvs72 Member
edited February 12 in General Discussion
I’ve asked this before and never got an answer. But does the RNG and the statistics work exactly the same on offense and defense. Particularly on the specials (freeze, chill, etc) when the streak is extended or is it shrouded in the mysterious skill attribute? I will accept an yes answer, but we deserve an answer from BF once and for all.

BF You want answers?
BVS (The Muppet): I think I'm entitled to them.
BF: You want answers?
BVS I want the truth!
BF: You can't handle the truth! Muppet, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by Toons Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Potato? I have a greater responsibility than you can’t possibly fathom. You weep for Selwyn and you curse the Legedaries. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Selwyn’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes money...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, money...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a muppet who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very game I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a rune and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you're entitled to!
BVS: Did you order the cheating?
BF: (quietly) I did the job they sent me to do.
BVS: Did you order the cheating?
BF: You're **** right I did!!
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    There is no statistical difference between RNG on attack and defense. Any observed difference is due to natural variance.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Thanks Joel, how about the other statistics?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Sorry, poor phrasing on my part. I was thinking of "RNG" and "statistics" as the same thing. Did you mean "statuses"?

Regardless, there is no functional difference of any game mechanics when you are attacking in PVP versus defending. Any observed difference is due to natural variance.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 12
    What about epic proc chance? A fair amount of testing shows that at least Shade epic proc chance when on defense is not the 30% advertised. See this thread:
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/56688/defender-shade-epic-proc-wrong
  • I trust Joel’s honor. Any difference should be considered unintentional or kept secret from Joel. I appreciate your response.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I’ve asked this before and never got an answer. But does the RNG and the statistics work exactly the same on offense and defense. Particularly on the specials (freeze, chill, etc) when the streak is extended or is it shrouded in the mysterious skill attribute? I will accept an yes answer, but we deserve an answer from BF once and for all.

BF You want answers?
    BF: You're **** right I did!!

someone's catching up on netflix
  • Of course he insinuated I have poor strategy and lame runes.
  • Joel wrote: »
    There is no statistical difference between RNG on attack and defense. Any observed difference is due to natural variance.

it does seem that way, tho.
    Like dodge being a few % on rune rune but the defense hero dodging at least once in 3.
    MK seemed to have that issue when in defense too.

The problem probably isn't cheating so much as your horrible, horrible, horrible RNG algorithm, which gets stuck on runs.
    Those runs likely favor defense procs of things due to how the whole PVP system works.
  • @danac, suck it up or you will be sent to the wall.
  • I order a code red on @danac.
  • Their broken RNG algorithm is key. Shade might get an epic proc every time their 100-sided die rolls between 1 and 30, but if it rolls a 1 every other time, you’re going to see the proc rate be much higher than the advertised 30%. Which we do. Consistently.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I order a code red on @danac.

sorry, if it isn't Firefly, izombie or This is Us, I'm not gonna get the ref.
  • I liked The Ref. Great non traditional Christmas movie.
  • danac wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »

If it's not illegal to lump Firefly in with iZombie, it should be.
  • Has anyone else seen defending heroes they know don't have any dodge chance at all (from passives, active abilities or runes) dodging in PvP?

I started noticing it after the first Season of the Rose. I saw it happen so much with Furnace, in particular (without Overclocked), that I decided to test it myself this past summer. I put Furnace on my defense (with a 0% dodge chance and no heroes who could give him +dodge) and sure enough, there was one replay where he dodged an attacking Shade. The Shade was level 70 (as are all of my heroes who were being dodged). It was plainly a dodge, not a miss.

Furnace isn't the only culprit, though. I've seen it happen with other defenders, too (in situations where I could be sure there was no dodge chance, based on looking at runes, etc.).
  • I just had a grog Dodge me twice in a row. I really wish I could go back and check the runes because I was pretty sure there was no good reason that should've happened.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Aria is in the top 3 PvP heros.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • ScoutYo wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen defending heroes they know don't have any dodge chance at all (from passives, active abilities or runes) dodging in PvP?

I started noticing it after the first Season of the Rose. I saw it happen so much with Furnace, in particular (without Overclocked), that I decided to test it myself this past summer. I put Furnace on my defense (with a 0% dodge chance and no heroes who could give him +dodge) and sure enough, there was one replay where he dodged an attacking Shade. The Shade was level 70 (as are all of my heroes who were being dodged). It was plainly a dodge, not a miss.

Furnace isn't the only culprit, though. I've seen it happen with other defenders, too (in situations where I could be sure there was no dodge chance, based on looking at runes, etc.).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought all heroes had an innate 1% dodge chance.

For all my complaints throughout the past few months, one thing I have not questioned are the Epic rates, or status effects. It would seem overly complicated to implement a chance for PvP like that without it spilling over to the rest of the game.

I do tend to see more Shade Epics than say, SB or Grog, but I also use shade for just about EVERYTHING, while SB mostly in the tower and Grog in PvP. Do I even had 100 normal attacks with Grog in a full season? Maybe; I don't use him for every fight, and use Snow Day first; I'm not usually doing regular attacks.

I got frustrated today because a Hansuke parried like 4 times in a row, but that kind of stuff is bound to happen from time to time. No different than seeing 2 turns of epics.

This is probably redundant, but any time you have a RNG, the true odds don't play out until you stretch the plays to infinity. From that perspective, in any given 100 attacks, you could trigger epics 10 times or 65 times and still have the RNG working just fine; it's way way way too small of a sample size.

I bet if you look at the last 100,000 shade attacks in the game, there are pretty close to 30,000 epics. You're going to have individual variations; gambling is basically the same issue - house always comes out a head in the long long run, but individual players can get "hot" (i.e., they had a higher than average wins vs. house) while others are ice cold, leaving some better off than others.

No different than me getting 4 straight Shade epics vs. someone else attacking me and getting 0 criticals, etc. Some days you're the bug, other days you're the windshield.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »

If it's not illegal to lump Firefly in with iZombie, it should be.

Because 2 great shows together are illegal?
  • xandrew29 wrote: »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought all heroes had an innate 1% dodge chance.
    According to the character sheets in the Heroes tab, the base dodge chance is 0%.