Thursday Guild Event Initial Details

13»

Comments

• ...So if you have Zomm on your team and a hero dies, you better revive him/her fast before replacing by a Zomminion..I hope and assume the game will give a turn to do that in all cases....
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    sirtainly wrote: »
    ...So if you have Zomm on your team and a hero dies, you better revive him/her fast before replacing by a Zomminion..I hope and assume the game will give a turn to do that in all cases....

If a hero is made into a Zomminion, they're gone, and depending on when in a round a hero is killed, you might not have a chance to react. Yes, this event is a rare scenario where bringing Zomm might not be an optimal strategy.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    ...So if you have Zomm on your team and a hero dies, you better revive him/her fast before replacing by a Zomminion..I hope and assume the game will give a turn to do that in all cases....

If a hero is made into a Zomminion, they're gone, and depending on when in a round a hero is killed, you might not have a chance to react. Yes, this event is a rare scenario where bringing Zomm might not be an optimal strategy.

Is this going to be a game wide change that alters the way The Tower of Pwnage works today?
    Not today, but we are looking to alter his tower behavior in the future. I will be sure to include the change in patch notes when it happens.
    Not today, but we are looking to alter his tower behavior in the future. I will be sure to include the change in patch notes when it happens.

kkjpnuv359ba.jpg
  • What is this type of event called? (You know, like "Boss Invasion" or "Grand Tournament.")
    heeler wrote: »
    What is this type of event called? (You know, like "Boss Invasion" or "Grand Tournament.")

None of the above! This is a new type of event, so calling it a Boss Invasion or Grand Tournament wouldn't be accurate. We've got a particular theme this time around, but no name selected for this style of event just yet.
    What is this type of event called? (You know, like "Boss Invasion" or "Grand Tournament.")

None of the above! This is a new type of event, so calling it a Boss Invasion or Grand Tournament wouldn't be accurate. We've got a particular theme this time around, but no name selected for this style of event just yet.

I knew it wasn't one of the above types. I was just using those as examples of what I was asking. Just wondering because I am the guild record-keeper and not having a name for the event was bothering my record-keeping OCD. ;-)

It starts in 26 hours FYI.
    I thought its name would be selected at this point.
    We have a name selected for the event, but at this point, it's technically just a one-off. If we decide to do something like it again, we'll establish an overarching name.

If/when that change o
    Joel wrote: »

I respectfully suggest a very cautious approach to such a change in the Tower. Current Tower instances can spawn 4 or 5 (or more) Solaris teams, some of them fairly tough. There are only a few strategies to defeat these teams, and the current Zomm implementation is key to one of them.

Removing Zomm would likely require an even stronger roster to deal with Tower, and strong rosters already seem to mitigate against PVP effectiveness.

In this current environment where there is a strong perceived push for more purchases, where the Tower is perceived by many as too difficult, and where player relations would appear to be hitting a rough patch, I think such a change to the Tower would be ill advised.

Maybe when more content is released giving an additional avenue for adventure and rewards, and maybe when more people have developed their rosters and refined their Tower strategies.

But that's just my little opinion and I'm only 1 player among the multitudes...
  • I agree with @sirtainly . A lot of our mid-level guild family members are struggling with the Sol/GT/Lily teams in the tower, where they might see four or five such teams.

And it’s not like using Zomm requires no strategy. Making sure he gets his turn in order to raise Zomminions is a fun, but genuinely strategic, exercise.
    Whoops, I misread the first thing. I meant that yes, you can use Emily in dungeon to revive your heroes, but you can't use your friend's Emily. I've edited my response. Sorry for the confusion!

So is friend usage disabled entirely? If friends can be used, not sure what happens if you try to use Emily then.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    Whoops, I misread the first thing. I meant that yes, you can use Emily in dungeon to revive your heroes, but you can't use your friend's Emily. I've edited my response. Sorry for the confusion!

So is friend usage disabled entirely? If friends can be used, not sure what happens if you try to use Emily then.

Joel said in an early reply that they're epic dungeons so no friends...
    Foozle wrote: »

Friend usage is disabled entirely. You can use YOUR Emily, to revive a hero and they'll still be usable in the next dungeon, but you cannot use a friend's Emily.
  • gmungmun Member
    So zomm basically can't be used in this event because your heroes could get minion-ized before you can revive them.
    Gmun
  • @Joel

If I bring just Zomm, and only Zomm, will he immediately populate the field with 3 zomminions (assuming he lives through the fast/normal AI attackers).
  • I see what you did there @FatCat69 ;)

DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Will there be dark and light hero skins sometime soon, a month latest?
  • A lot of you are arguing that this event is not supposed to be competitive, while they are(for the first time?) implementing a leaderboard for all players across all guilds? This doesn’t make any sense to me. Do you not like legitimate competition or strategy? Would it be so terrible if we had one very difficult guild event that you couldn’t buy your way to the top? This event had me really excited at first. I thought I’d finally have the chance to compete against some of the best strategists in the game. When I saw that players can purchase unlimited courage, I checked out competitively.
    I understand that they need to make their money somehow, but I hate that every guild event in the past few months has been a cash-grab. I used to love this game for its notoriously challenging events. I’d spend money leading into events to build my roster and become a bigger asset for my guild. Now that a lot of players are maxed/nearly maxed, I can see how it can be difficult to not tailor events to milk players dry. This game is in serious need of end-game content to restore integrity back into guild events. If people have a reason to spend money to build their rosters again, guild events could be like they were before. Seriously, how can the community continue to stand behind this game if it is continually structured the way it is? Here are some of my suggestions to make up for the potentially lost revenue to make guild events like they were before:

-Put ads in the game with an option for a monthly subscription for an ad-free client
    -Make more end-game upgrades for us to actually want to spend money(interchangeable jewelry slots that give new passives/7th star/new aether heroes/skins/higher epic levels with higher scaled epic dungeons)
    -Make some new hard dungeons that actually require us to improve our rosters(with upgrades such as above)to beat. I’d be happy with higher scaled, recycled dungeons that give new rewards.
    -some new titles(lengendary conquerer 3x, collect all skins, milestones for roster power and trophies)
    -give better rewards for all thresholds for boss top 100 and increase raid ticket refresh costs

In summary, I’m just so desperate for a wholesome, fun guild event where the winners aren’t completely determined by their bank accounts. I’d like to see the devs make their butter from other sources and make guild events great again. Sorry for the book.

• jason58 wrote: »
    A lot of you are arguing that this event is not supposed to be competitive, while they are(for the first time?) implementing a leaderboard for all players across all guilds? This doesn’t make any sense to me. Do you not like legitimate competition or strategy? Would it be so terrible if we had one very difficult guild event that you couldn’t buy your way to the top? This event had me really excited at first. I thought I’d finally have the chance to compete against some of the best strategists in the game. When I saw that players can purchase unlimited courage, I checked out competitively.
    I understand that they need to make their money somehow, but I hate that every guild event in the past few months has been a cash-grab. I used to love this game for its notoriously challenging events. I’d spend money leading into events to build my roster and become a bigger asset for my guild. Now that a lot of players are maxed/nearly maxed, I can see how it can be difficult to not tailor events to milk players dry. This game is in serious need of end-game content to restore integrity back into guild events. If people have a reason to spend money to build their rosters again, guild events could be like they were before. Seriously, how can the community continue to stand behind this game if it is continually structured the way it is? Here are some of my suggestions to make up for the potentially lost revenue to make guild events like they were before:

-Put ads in the game with an option for a monthly subscription for an ad-free client
    -Make more end-game upgrades for us to actually want to spend money(interchangeable jewelry slots that give new passives/7th star/new aether heroes/skins/higher epic levels with higher scaled epic dungeons)
    -Make some new hard dungeons that actually require us to improve our rosters(with upgrades such as above)to beat. I’d be happy with higher scaled, recycled dungeons that give new rewards.
    -some new titles(lengendary conquerer 3x, collect all skins, milestones for roster power and trophies)
    -give better rewards for all thresholds for boss top 100 and increase raid ticket refresh costs

In summary, I’m just so desperate for a wholesome, fun guild event where the winners aren’t completely determined by their bank accounts. I’d like to see the devs make their butter from other sources and make guild events great again. Sorry for the book.

Bravo, @jason58. Bravo.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    Foozle wrote: »

Joel said in an early reply that they're epic dungeons so no friends...

Ah ok, I missed that earlier post. Was confusing because they said that you couldn't use a friend's Emily to revive your heroes, implying that perhaps hero use was allowed, just not Emily for reviving. They could have just said Emily can't be used to revive your heroes because no friend use is allowed at all. Thanks!
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    @Joel

If I bring just Zomm, and only Zomm, will he immediately populate the field with 3 zomminions (assuming he lives through the fast/normal AI attackers).

No, he has never worked that way in any dungeon.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    @Joel

No, he has never worked that way in any dungeon.

Hm, you're right, for some reason I thought he would populate the field. Thanks!
  • jason58 wrote: »
    A lot of you are arguing that this event is not supposed to be competitive, while they are(for the first time?) implementing a leaderboard for all players across all guilds? This doesn’t make any sense to me. Do you not like legitimate competition or strategy? Would it be so terrible if we had one very difficult guild event that you couldn’t buy your way to the top? This event had me really excited at first. I thought I’d finally have the chance to compete against some of the best strategists in the game. When I saw that players can purchase unlimited courage, I checked out competitively.

In their defense, DB has announced a new tier of rune and raising the level cap to 80, coupled with the inclusion of higher end PvE content (2nd half of Boss Island).

I absolutely LOVE the ability to customize rune slots. I really want to be able to put a Sup Guardian rune on Koros, for instance. I'd spend 1500 gems in a heartbeat to do that.

I figure the end end game is level 99. That's pretty "RPG Standard." They've got to progress somewhat slowly, otherwise everyone races to 99 and then the game is finally dead. Clash of Clans gradually added Town Hall levels (they're up to TH11, used to be TH8 was the cap!).

There's another game called Dungeon Rush, way way less popular, but same concept of hero teams, PvE/PvP. There you "star up" your heroes not with tokens, but by sacrificing other heroes into them. There's also runes (they call them jade), same concept, equipable status boosts. There were 5 tiers of heroes, and legendary was the highest

Game was stagnating, so they created a new tier of hero, called Champions, that were obtained by sacrificing 5 total legendaries to create a higher level hero. Again, this mechanic isn't in DB to begin with and I don't think it can be implemented. However, there are 2 features that are pretty neat:

1) Equipment. You can buy equipment at the shop that boosts your heroes attack, defense, dodge chance, hit rate, HP and speed (turn order is determined by numerical speed, rather than jsut fast medium slow). Each hero gets a helmet, armor, boots, a necklace, a weapon and a ring. That makes heroes very customizeable. It's similar to the runes right now, except this game offers the same rune type stuff and equipment.

2) Infusions. This is an idea that I think is really really interesting. Game allows you to "equip" 2-4 of your unused heroes onto your Legendary (2 equips) or Champion (4 equips), and each equipped hero provides a status boost equal to 25% of their base attack, defense, health and speed. Infusions have to be the same faction (i.e., color). Certain combinations provide an added bonus (Like equipping Legendary X on Champion Y gives the stat boost + a 25% dodge chance).

Apply it to DB, and you all of a sudden could put Yokozuna on Grog, or slap Bramble on Viperia for a big HP boost. The equipped heroes are NOT consumed, and you can swap as often as you like (they do not retain any equipment bonuses).

In short, it would give everyone a reason to star up and level up non-META heroes, and allow you to further customize the roster. Yea, it's power creep, but every game ever has power creep. I know I haven't put a lot of effort into 6* Yokozuna or the like, but that would give end game players something to work on at least.
13»