Lunar New Year Event: Escalating Dungeons, Moonlight Buffs, and Feral Skins!

13»

Comments

• Potato Army is closing in on 10M guild points!!

I’m ‘rooting’ for you guys. Only 2.5M to go...

I dunno. If they hit 10M, then the devs will continue to pump out these types of events (like they have been the past 10+ events) because they know there will be guilds that will hit max rewards regardless.
  • I really liked the increasing difficuly level in the event dungeons. Everything else has been stated already. So I look forward to the next event with some applied adjustments. ****, I would have loved to catch that skin!
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    @MonkeyHunter looks like a few of us made it.

So, to follow up on @Skip_Holmes’ comment, why is your guild pouring money into this event, given its problems?
  • CurTotoro wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

So, to follow up on @Skip_Holmes’ comment, why is your guild pouring money into this event, given its problems?

@CurTotoro how much money spent would would you consider to be pouring money into the event? Is spending any money bad? Is there an acceptable limit to how much money a person should spend?

I actually enjoyed the event despite the issues (I used up 4 elixirs trying to finish the 4th dungeon before it was pulled) I had dungeons that I couldn't easily beat. The strategy of finding the team that worked on a particular dungeon while taking into account speed to complete vs. being able to survive for the next round.

Currently I'm in 19th place with about 5 minutes to end of the event and I spent about about as much as my wife and I would have going out to see a movie.
  • Yeah this event was terrible. The no reward mail was a thumb in the eye too. I won’t spend another dime on anything in this game after that last event.
  • ranger11 wrote: »
    Yeah this event was terrible. The no reward mail was a thumb in the eye too. I won’t spend another dime on anything in this game after that last event.

They did that in previous events. Not sure why they have to let those who didn't make top 100 know they didn't make it, should be pretty obvious haha.
  • c'mon, tell me I was not the only one who was hoping maybe BF made a mistake and sent me the top 5 reward rune by mistake when they saw that mail
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    ranger11 wrote: »
    Yeah this event was terrible. The no reward mail was a thumb in the eye too. I won’t spend another dime on anything in this game after that last event.

They did that in previous events. Not sure why they have to let those who didn't make top 100 know they didn't make it, should be pretty obvious haha.

"Do you realize that if you had done better, you would have done better, moron?" - Thalia
  • So weird, given their long history of thoroughly testing and debugging new content.

Underrated post.
  • CurTotoro wrote: »

I don't think we really spent much on this event. Most of us were F2P.

And what problems does my guild have that I don't know about?
    CurTotoro wrote: »

Cool. That post maybe came off more critical than I intended. I appreciate people that support the game - it helps us all...usually. I just wondered whether Skip was bringing up a point about always supporting the game. Maybe a little judicious underspending might lead to some things getting shored up?

• Would have preferred the Cupid Nitpick skin for Valentine’s Day over the Nimeral skin that has been in the Aether shop since Day 1.
  • Bloth wrote: »
    Would have preferred the Cupid Nitpick skin for Valentine’s Day over the Nimeral skin that has been in the Aether shop since Day 1.

I would actually prefer a refund on my 10k aether since it was an “exclusive skin” then it’s in a quest line.

Regret getting it 2 months ago when I finally could afford it.

Maybe @Joel can look into this for us.
    CurTotoro wrote: »

probably doubled your score with $$.
  • CurTotoroCurTotoro Member
    edited February 20

I was talking about the event. ;)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I barely even played this event. Neither did most of my guild. I mean, we were trying pretty hard for the first few days, but when we saw we weren’t even at the second reward milestone, we just called it quits.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 20
    @GalakSS Well said.

Also, another user made a thread about how the in game progress bar said the 2nd highest tier goal showed 5.5M and not 6M. I wonder if some guilds/folks missed out on the 6M tier rewards because of that.
  • @GalakSS I agree with all of that. WORST ORGANIZED EVENT EVER.
  • ranger11ranger11 Member
    edited February 20
    This event made me want to quit the game. I have been playing for a couple of years and and a VIP 9. I guess that I should try harder.
  • Does anyone think they really care that the majority of their player base hates what they just did? Some of us like the concept but hate the poor execution and the paywall. But the majority just seem to hate it. This is a serious question, not meant to be snarky, does anyone think they really care?
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • edited February 20
    I barely even played this event. Neither did most of my guild. I mean, we were trying pretty hard for the first few days, but when we saw we weren’t even at the second reward milestone, we just called it quits.
    Absolutely the same here :(

(Well, to be honest, we gave up before reaching the first, which is the first time ever on an event)
  • There are six reward tiers. As it stands now:

6th tier: 0 guilds
    5th tier: 3 guilds
    4th tier: 5 guilds
    3rd tier: 14 guilds
    2nd tier: 19 guilds
    1st tier: 30 guilds

Only 71 participating guilds will receive any guild reward. This event was a perfect storm of unrealistic reward thresholds, unforgivingly difficult dungeons and game breaking bugs.

I hope Potato Army reaches 10M. I also hope the devs understand how poorly executed this event was.

Final results, for posterity

6th tier: 2 guilds
    5th tier: 7 guilds
    4th tier: 8 guilds
    3rd tier: 16 guilds
    2nd tier: 20 guilds
    1st tier: 27 guilds

Total guilds earning rewards: 80
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited February 21
    The skin probably should have been an easier to reach level. But the event itself was supposed to be a challenge. If it wasn't, there'd be people raining fire down about "how the event was too easy".

It's the same way I feel about reading the posts about how the Tower is too hard. Well, if everyone's a special snowflake, then no one's special.

If you did well, and your guild didn't you have two (three) options:

1. Work to improve your guild.
    2. Find a new guild that put in a similar amount of effort.
    3. Complain on the forums about how it's too hard and how you should just have the best rewards given to you like a participation trophy.

• For reference, I generated 178,000 guild points -- without spending a single gem or any money on this event. In hindsight, I probably should have, since I enjoyed it. So reaching the 6 million mark without spending money would be quite simple for a coordinated, motivated guild of 50 players.

I hope they bring it back again, this time for tokens for a new hero. And I'll spend money on it to support the game because this was exciting and a great challenge - first time I've been put to the test in PVE for a long long time.

• kalamadea wrote: »
    The skin probably should have been an easier to reach level. But the event itself was supposed to be a challenge. If it wasn't, there'd be people raining fire down about "how the event was too easy".

It's the same way I feel about reading the posts about how the Tower is too hard. Well, if everyone's a special snowflake, then no one's special.

If you did well, and your guild didn't you have two (three) options:

1. Work to improve your guild.
    2. Find a new guild that put in a similar amount of effort.
    3. Complain on the forums about how it's too hard and how you should just have the best rewards given to you like a participation trophy.

#3 sounds like the best strategy
13»