Agnon Ascends and Dark Doors Open! [Ticket Shop Extended to Midnight, Keys to Gold Exchange Active]

Comments

• Hi does anyone know what’s the minimum level to participate in the event? I have a level 13 account and wonder if it’s possible for it to participate and whether all the quests and keys will be there once i hit some base level.
  • I strongly suspect there is an anti-farming algorithm in place. I notice that if I'm away for a few hours and come back I'll guaranteed to rack up 1000+ runs, 700+ runs very quickly. The longer I'm grinding, say 1 hour plus, I'm not hitting those numbers almost at all anymore.
  • I seriously doubt it. Simple RNG. They’ve definitely tweaked the average payouts for each since Christmas but that’s understandable. Thy were pretty high for winterfest.
  • I never get the payouts everyone else does.
    I never got great pulls from heroic portal, then the pumpkins were giving everyone 1000 candy cane rewards and I wasn't getting any.
    Kept happening, through both winterfests and now this. 4 days so far, and I've gotten maybe one dungeons run over 650 tickets.

• niclow92 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what’s the minimum level to participate in the event? I have a level 13 account and wonder if it’s possible for it to participate and whether all the quests and keys will be there once i hit some base level.

Level 15, if I recall
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @niclow92, events become visible to players starting at level 15.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • thank you Joel!
  • Joel wrote: »
    @niclow92, events become visible to players starting at level 15.

before then, you have to click blindly and hope.
  • How many times can you buy the gold key using event tickets? I bought one and it's not available for purchase anymore.
  • Seannnn wrote: »
    How many times can you buy the gold key using event tickets? I bought one and it's not available for purchase anymore.

Only one. You can get a second one for gems.
  • edited March 3
    what is the max amount that you reached with a single run in a dungeon?And by the way if @Joel wants to confirm what is the max amount of tickets that someone could find in a dungeon would make the whole thing more understandable.

I heard about people getting 2200/2300 with a single dungeon...but wondering if that's the max or still higher (knowing for sure that I saw the lowest amount of tickets that you can collect , 10, that becomes 20if you run with a hero with skin).

Thanks in advance.
  • CurTotoroCurTotoro Member
    edited March 3
    what is the max amount that you reached with a single run in a dungeon?And by the way if @Joel wants to confirm what is the max amount of tickets that someone could find in a dungeon would make the whole thing more understandable.

I heard about people getting 2200/2300 with a single dungeon...but wondering if that's the max or still higher (knowing for sure that I saw the lowest amount of tickets that you can collect , 10, that becomes 20if you run with a hero with skin).

Thanks in advance.

Seems like it’d be either 4,020 or 5,020, if you run the Vault and hit the jackpot of 1,000 tickets on each gargoyle. I think 4 gargoyles are the most I’ve gotten in one run, but seems like there are 5 or maybe even 6 dungeons in the Vault that could have one. Most I’ve gotten this event in 1,xxx. Never hit 2,000.
  • CurTotoro wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Seems like it’d be either 4,020 or 5,020, if you run the Vault and hit the jackpot of 1,000 tickets on each gargoyle. I think 4 gargoyles are the most I’ve gotten in one run, but seems like there are 5 or maybe even 6 dungeons in the Vault that could have one. Most I’ve gotten this event in 1,xxx. Never hit 2,000.
    Based on my runs, 1000 tickets drops at ~1% rate of statues. Assuming this drop rate is accurate, getting at least 2 1,000 ticket drops in a dungeon with 5 statues is less than .01%. Think 1 in 10 thousand runs of levels with 5 statues every time. Note: your odds are going way down if your dungeon has less than 5 statues.

Getting the maximum reward of 5,020 would be .00000001% or 1 in 10 billion of the 5 statue runs.
  • CurTotoro wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Based on my runs, 1000 tickets drops at ~1% rate of statues. Assuming this drop rate is accurate, getting at least 2 1,000 ticket drops in a dungeon with 5 statues is less than .01%. Think 1 in 10 thousand runs of levels with 5 statues every time. Note: your odds are going way down if your dungeon has less than 5 statues.

Getting the maximum reward of 5,020 would be .00000001% or 1 in 10 billion of the 5 statue runs.

So, you’re saying there’s a chance?
  • I have a "feeling" that more is in play, but it could just be an
    CurTotoro wrote: »
    CurTotoro wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

So, you’re saying there’s a chance?

- The odds an adult with a family income of less than $35,000 has ever had an ulcer: 1 in 10.85 ($100,000 or more: 1 in 21.13)

- The odds of an adult baseball fan pulls for the Yankees: 1 in 9.77

- The odds that a male age 18-49 is afraid of spiders: 1 in 83.33

- The odds a child younger than 15 will die due to an accident involving a balloon: 1 in 30,350,000

- The odds of an adult having to visit the ER due to an injury from a pogo stick: 1 in 115,300

https://allthingsmundane.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/wow-what-are-the-odds-of-that-the-chances-of-random-things/
  • danacdanac Member
    sirtainly wrote: »

- The odds an adult with a family income of less than $35,000 has ever had an ulcer: 1 in 10.85 ($100,000 or more: 1 in 21.13)

- The odds of an adult baseball fan pulls for the Yankees: 1 in 9.77

- The odds that a male age 18-49 is afraid of spiders: 1 in 83.33

- The odds a child younger than 15 will die due to an accident involving a balloon: 1 in 30,350,000

- The odds of an adult having to visit the ER due to an injury from a pogo stick: 1 in 115,300

https://allthingsmundane.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/wow-what-are-the-odds-of-that-the-chances-of-random-things/

Pogo sticks don't kill people. people kill people.
  • The most tickets I've had in one run was 1540, but 20-200 is normal, regardless of how many statues I see and tap. I'm pleased anytime I get more than 200 tickets in a run.

Regardless of whether someone gets lucky with one or two big payouts, the only way for a guild to get max rewards is for the bulk of its members to just grind away for days and days, which as we all know is a very tedious way to play a game. This game should really be called Dungeon Grind.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    That's not entirely fair. At the moment, this event rewards everyone for playing the game. What's the alternative? Quick looting being as rewarding as running through a dungeon? Now you're rewarded for not playing the game.
  • The guild rewards for this event. Do they pay out based on the guild you are in when the event started or when the event ends.Or are you screwed if changing guilds mid event?
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    When the event ends.
    @MonkeyHunter is right with the maximum number of tickets being 5,020 per run. You could theoretically find a gargoyle in each room, each with 1000 tickets (assuming you're bringing heroes with skins), plus the 20 tickets for the dungeon run.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Some clarifying questions for you guys about this event, please & thank you...
    @Joel or @xtmn8r or @DB_Dillon

1.) Event ends in 4 days, so that would be this Sunday 11 MAR 2018, right ?
    2.) What time does it end (midday or midnight) ?
    3.) Do we have just 24 hrs or until event ends on sunday to open the doors a 2nd time ?
    4.) Will there be Day 15-17 event for tickets/keys (thu, fri, sat) ?
    5.) The shop event items will be available for purchase until monday midday, correct ?

Thanks! :)
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Some clarifying questions for you guys about this event, please & thank you...
    @Joel or @xtmn8r or @DB_Dillon

1.) Event ends in 4 days, so that would be this Sunday 11 MAR 2018, right ?
    2.) What time does it end (midday or midnight) ?
    3.) Do we have just 24 hrs or until event ends on sunday to open the doors a 2nd time ?
    4.) Will there be Day 15-17 event for tickets/keys (thu, fri, sat) ?
    5.) The shop event items will be available for purchase until monday midday, correct ?

Thanks! :)

1/2. The event ends at 3pm central time on Sunday, March 11th.
    3. The doors are available until the event ends at 3pm central time on Sunday, March 11th
    4. No, there will not be more event quests.
    5. The event shop will remain until 3pm central time on Monday, March 12th.

You're welcome! :)
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! And thanks for the feedback! :smiley:
  • Agree that rewards were generous, time commitment wasn’t overly burdensome. My one complaint: every single event that rewards based off sparklies ends up being a “how many times can you handle running The Vault before your brain explodes” event. We’ve had so many of them, and every one of them is optimized such that you run that one same low level dungeon that you would never otherwise enter hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times. It’s neither fun nor interesting.

Either the number of sparklies available in non-crypt dungeons needs to be increased to match, or else other activities (pvp, crafting, boss mode) need to be viable ways to farm. Having The Vault occasionally give 1500+ tickets, yet pvp only gives 10 is crazy. You could pvp for 20 hours a day and wind up with fewer tickets than someone who ran a low level dungeon on auto for an hour or two.
  • Agree that rewards were generous, time commitment wasn’t overly burdensome. My one complaint: every single event that rewards based off sparklies ends up being a “how many times can you handle running The Vault before your brain explodes” event. We’ve had so many of them, and every one of them is optimized such that you run that one same low level dungeon that you would never otherwise enter hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times. It’s neither fun nor interesting.

Either the number of sparklies available in non-crypt dungeons needs to be increased to match, or else other activities (pvp, crafting, boss mode) need to be viable ways to farm. Having The Vault occasionally give 1500+ tickets, yet pvp only gives 10 is crazy. You could pvp for 20 hours a day and wind up with fewer tickets than someone who ran a low level dungeon on auto for an hour or two.

Agreed. PvP definitely needs to have a bump in ticket counts. Maybe give like 100 for a win, 50 for a loss, and 2x if you have a skin on.

And ToP probably could use some tickets. I'm not sure how much it gives, but I can't imagine it being too much. 100 tickets per floor plus a bonus for completing it would be nice.

Lastly, it seems that some rooms in any dungeon type will never have any kind of sparklies/clickables. I know in crypt type dungeons, there are 2 types of rooms that will never give sparklies and it's annoying to run into those. Can you change it so all rooms within any type of dungeon can have the potential for sparklies?
  • dvd54407dvd54407 Member
    @shiggity80 PvP Tickets: 150 for a 3* win, 100 for a 2* win, 50 for a 1* win. Double for skins.
  • dvd54407 wrote: »
    @shiggity80 PvP Tickets: 150 for a 3* win, 100 for a 2* win, 50 for a 1* win. Double for skins.

Nah, I don't think they should take into consideration how many heroes you left standing. It should just be win or lose.

Sometimes it's really hard to get a 3* win against those 5500+ teams.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Great points @shiggity80 and @Skip_Holmes! It is amazing how many events we’ve had that basically boil down to grind on The Vault over and over.

It would be soooo nice to have even coverage on other dungeons and or another meaningful way to earn tickets. Ie Tower and PvP currently do give tickets but not enough to be of any consequence.