Is rune crafting broken?

Hi. I've recently made 3 legendary runes and all of them only got 3 stats. I tunes them all the way up and was expecting to see 4
stats like I always had in the past..

Is this working as intended or does there need to be a fix?

Comments

• you don't always get 4th stat on regular runes, only on Vampiric, planning and xp one that no one uses
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Appearance of a 4th stat is random. Which makes crafted runes fairly non competitive with pvp reward runes, unfortunately.
  • Appearance of a 4th stat is random. Which makes crafted runes fairly non competitive with pvp reward runes, unfortunately.

Not random, but more like 5% chance.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Appearance of a 4th stat is random. Which makes crafted runes fairly non competitive with pvp reward runes, unfortunately.

Hoo boy.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • yeah.. i am still waiting for a 4th attributes of HASTE on my runes... Never had the luck
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Appearance of a 4th stat is random. Which makes crafted runes fairly non competitive with pvp reward runes, unfortunately.

@shiggity80 If the probability of X happening is 5%, and this is not considered random, how do YOU define the meaning of the word "random"?
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited February 27
    Doage wrote: »

@shiggity80 If the probability of X happening is 5%, and this is not considered random, how do YOU define the meaning of the word "random"?
    @Doage
    gh3s2ikwl0wm.jpeg

~5% chance sounds like it’s happening with a method
  • If you do get lucky and get a 4th stat, it might still be something almost completely useless like 8% damage vs Elves.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Yes, runecrafting is broken. It is working as intended.

Probably the funniest thing you've ever said in your entire history on these forums.
  • Doage wrote: »

Ok perhaps I misused the terms. The roll by the computer's RNG is random, meaning all possible numbers that can be rolled have an equal chance. The 4th stat has a probability of 5%, so if there are 100 numbers to roll (1-100), rolling, say 1-5 would result in the 4th stat.
  • Semantics, semantics. People are getting picky these days.
  • Some of my best friends are elves....err....
  • Also unless @Foozle has some documentation, I would think 4th stats are closer to 20%. The fact being we don't actually know the probability of them occurring, but I certainly never expect to see one.

If you've ALWAYS had a 4th stat and crafted more than a couple runes... time to go buy that lottery ticket.
  • I have crafted around 8 elite runes. 2 of the had a forth stat. The forth stat was damage penetration in PVE for both of them. Both worthless.
  • AtizZAtizZ Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I have crafted around 8 elite runes. 2 of the had a forth stat. The forth stat was damage penetration in PVE for both of them. Both worthless.

My sincerest condolences
    oNC5bHb.png
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Since there are now runes that give universal Damage Penetration as a 4th, devs should make them craftable and get rid of PVP and PVE dmg only 4ths.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Also unless @Foozle has some documentation, I would think 4th stats are closer to 20%. The fact being we don't actually know the probability of them occurring, but I certainly never expect to see one.

If you've ALWAYS had a 4th stat and crafted more than a couple runes... time to go buy that lottery ticket.

I’m still just playing very casually so haven’t focused on this. If I decide to craft a bunch of runes some time I’ll track it.