Please clarify - burning touch and freezing skin, basic attacks only?

Forgive if obvious, but want to nail this down finally.

Burning touch in store says basic attacks only, freezing skin says melee attacks.

If a hero bearing the rune that has an epic does a melee attack and the epic does not trigger, will these runes trigger? What about the leaderboard reward runes?

Don't wanna spend tickets/quest resources if runes won't work on heros with epics.

Comments

• RocksorRocksor Member
    edited April 2
    sirtainly wrote: »

Burning touch in store says basic attacks only, freezing skin says melee attacks.

If a hero bearing the rune that has an epic does a melee attack and the epic does not trigger, will these runes trigger? What about the leaderboard reward runes?

Don't wanna spend tickets/quest resources if runes won't work on heros with epics.

The fixed the issue of chars with epics not able to use these runes. The "touch" runes has a chance to work on a successful hit if the epic doesn't trigger. For skin rune, it has a chance to trigger when an opponent hits the character. They do not work all the time.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited April 2
    Rocksor wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

The fixed the issue of chars with epics not able to use these runes. The "touch" runes has a chance to work on a successful hit if the epic doesn't trigger. For skin rune, it has a chance to trigger when an opponent hits the character. They do not work all the time.

Thanks - so even if they don't work all the time, its not like they'll never function if your hero has an epic.

I won't expect miracles. I may still choose not to spend/grind for them, but at least this way I know that if I do I'll at least be getting some functionality from it.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited April 2
    Skin variant triggers off anyone hitting your hero with a melee attack.

Unfortunately the touch variant does not trigger off any melee attack (as one would expect) but rather only off a basic attack and only if the epic doesn't trigger. Essentially worthless.
  • mmmmm. Skin goooood, touch baaaaad.
    Me understand now.

iyrhsyzybm1f.png