Most quests the game tasks you with can be done even in the case of unfortunate bugs. If the game doesn't refresh tokens, shops and tower at the reset, you can still complete most quests, daily or otherwise. The exception is tower-related bugs. If your tower doesn't reset and you want to complete a daily or event quest that requires the tower, well, too bad, so sad.
Currently, the best advice for the devs is "don't make quests that require the tower", but that is unsatisfactory because it stifles quest variety. It makes sense to me to have tower gameplay be available regardless of the lock out, so that tower quests no longer cause my blood pressure to go through the roof.
On a different tack, once you're out of stamina and PvP tokens and the tower's done, you can't play the game. Admittedly, that's a fair amount of stuff to do, but sometimes, I would like to play Dungeon Boss even after all of that! Sometimes, I would even like - whisper it - to play some form of Dungeon Boss offline, but one step at a time.
So how about one floor of the tower that is repeatable?
- Floor 1 and upwards work as they currently do. Heroes that die are removed from your roster for subsequent floors, the aim is to get to the top and duff up Lord Chromus, players get a reward that reflects how well they did, yadda yadda. In addition to the normal "attack floor" button is another, smaller button - "attack the basement". The player can scroll the Tower below floor 1 to see who's currently squatting there. There will be four of the usual suspects.
- If a player has finished the tower, or has been defeated by the tower and presses "claim reward", they are no longer rudely blocked by Thalia if they try to re-open the tower from the town screen. Instead, the player is let back to the tower screen. All the regular floors have crossed out heroes as if they've been completed, regardless of whether the players made it to the top or not. Underneath floor 1 is now floor 0, or the ground floor, or the basement, or whatever you want to call it. The yellow button with the crossed swords is now greyed out, as is "claim rewards". "Attack the basement" is still active, though.
- Floor 0 normally offers no rewards whatsoever outside of quest or event stuff. None, zero, ziltch. It's for fun! Well, and to get around unfortunate bugs.
- Win or lose, the team you fight in the basement vamoose after the fight's done, and a new enemy party sets up residence. If you win, the basement increases in difficulty. If you lose, it decreases.
- Because it's always available, the basement could safely allow the tower to tie into special events. For example, during this Fire vs Water event, you'd get credit for doing tower floors with Nim or Sel.
- Later on, the basement can be built upon (so to speak). It could be used as a lab, a place where you could temporarily try out various pre-defined runes, so that players can realistically gauge which rune setups to use without going bankrupt. And there could be challenge modes where restrictions are in play for one or both teams, such as "use two light heroes" or "no water heroes allowed".
- If you've read this far, you must be a very patient person. Thanks for reading.