Fire VS Water, Choose Your Element!

2»

Comments

• Pardon wrote: »
    Another pay and tap to win event. Where is gameplay? Seriously it's not possible to go on like this...
    @pardon the trick to this event is to fine tune your tapping technique. Rhythm is key to efficiency. Think syncopated drum beat. Here’s a tip the pro players use: watch replay at 2x speed and enjoy faster tapping.

This may feel clunky at first, but you’ll get the hang of it.
  • This is probably the most pointless event yet. Not the worst and not the biggest cash grab but the most pointless. It would be the biggest cash grab if players were bothering to do it but notice how few guilds even hit the lowest rewards on the leader boards that should tell you how little people care about this event.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • Agreed.

DB,

Top rewards for a guild, you set it at 50,000 pts. Which means 1000 pts per guild member (to be fair).. roughly 5000 stamina as a requirement (for those who don't want/can't put THAT much effort into endless grinding/pvp to save a few stam).. and that's for one side - so double that if guilds are ambitious to tackle both sides - that no guild will achieve.

Who is coming up with your reward tier payouts? I mean, come on - there are around 50 guilds that get their 10,500 crowns, usually. (that's 2500 players that log on daily).. and just look at the rewards you're offering;

lets go for a casual tier: 15,000 pts - 300 pts per guild member - 1500 stamina ... as a member, you spend all that for a GREATER RUNE (and some tokens/mats bleh) at the end - worthless.

Then 2nd tier reward requires 3500 stamina per member for a superior rune - laughable.

So if you're not blowing the bank for the top reward then there's no point participating in this event - 4 days wasted. And what active guild doesn't want to strive for top reward? You introduced a new chapter of Elite Runes and you make the price to obtain them out of reach for 95% of the player base.

I'm surprised. You didn't make any 4 star reward runes for this event, isn't that a thing?
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • MelofSteel wrote: »
    Agreed.

DB,

Top rewards for a guild, you set it at 50,000 pts. Which means 1000 pts per guild member (to be fair).. roughly 5000 stamina as a requirement (for those who don't want/can't put THAT much effort into endless grinding/pvp to save a few stam).. and that's for one side - so double that if guilds are ambitious to tackle both sides - that no guild will achieve.

Who is coming up with your reward tier payouts? I mean, come on - there are around 50 guilds that get their 10,500 crowns, usually. (that's 2500 players that log on daily).. and just look at the rewards you're offering;

lets go for a casual tier: 15,000 pts - 300 pts per guild member - 1500 stamina ... as a member, you spend all that for a GREATER RUNE (and some tokens/mats bleh) at the end - worthless.

Then 2nd tier reward requires 3500 stamina per member for a superior rune - laughable.

So if you're not blowing the bank for the top reward then there's no point participating in this event - 4 days wasted. And what active guild doesn't want to strive for top reward? You introduced a new chapter of Elite Runes and you make the price to obtain them out of reach for 95% of the player base.

I'm surprised. You didn't make any 4 star reward runes for this event, isn't that a thing?

On the contrary, it looks very much like UW is going to achieve 50k in Water and Fire.
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    also noticed at first glance that going for most completions would seem to mitigate against more tickets, so conflict in incentives?

That's how it feels to me. I desperately need the Solaris tokens, and so I've spent most of my gametime manually running the fire dungeon over and over for the tickets. I assumed - incorrectly - that contribution to the guild was measured in tickets,

I made the same mistake.

• danacdanac Member
    @pardon the trick to this event

right.
    But where's the treat to this event?

• danacdanac Member
    MelofSteel wrote: »

Who is coming up with your reward tier payouts?

1- it seems they want elite runes to be strictly pay to win right now, so they offer them but only as goals you have to put cash out for, or have insane amounts of resources saved.

2- they did. the reward tier for 25 k guild is 4*, and one of the daily reward tiers is 4*.

On the contrary, it looks very much like UW is going to achieve 50k in Water and Fire.

It does look like a few guilds have decided to spend mass amounts to get one or both of the 50k.
    there were 3-5 guilds looking likely to get the blue elite, maybe 1-2 more possible.

Red was much fewer.
    But I'll say after the red debacle today, lots of FB stopped, and have come to really hate this event.
    Which is a shame. FB has been in the top 5 guilds in almost every way for at least a year, and i see more and more of them getting more turned off of the game.
    The reboots and epics really got their attention, the daily reward and guild reward completely negated that.

• danac wrote: »
    @pardon the trick to this event

right.
    But where's the treat to this event?
    Oh, DB is getting paid. It’s their treat.
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    I loved the epics and reworks. It wasn't until day 2-3 of the event that I realized there was this massive pay-to-win aspect lurking in the shadows that I just didn't care for. Can't we just have like... a fun event with no major grinding, and without the same slew of quests? Maybe that's too much to ask for.

Well, at least we get another empty breather before the next event. /s
  • danac wrote: »
    Barleyman wrote: »
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Meh event... :(

Wow, you guys are hard to please.

Two brand new epics, an upgrade to a previously weak epic (and all Elves get a boost), the opportunity to buy two Superior runes with tickets in the shop, yet more runes, tokens and other stuff as individual and guild rewards, and you say meh?

What exactly do you expect from an event that would make you happy?

To end goals that are achievable.

Yeah, maybe UW and PA will hit 50 k for one color. But expecting an entire guild to put that much effort in- the ql alone would take a huge amount of time- is silly. So the upper end rune of the event is essentially designed for about 150 people.

That I can agree with. It's looking like four Guilds will make the top Water reward rank, and none even the third rank for Fire. It didn't help that guilds effectively had to choose one or the other before they could communicate with all their members if they were to have a hope of hitting even the lowest reward rank. Anything lower than a 5* Legendary Superior rune isn't worth getting as a reward anyway, and all tokens are just Aether for many, unless they are for the last 3 or four heroes.

Either DB don't want many people to get the top rewards, or they massively overestimated how many people would want to spend their Easter weekend tapping a screen repeatedly.

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited April 2

So much for that whole min effort thing. ;)

And apparently when DB calls something non-competitive, it really just means that it's no fun to "compete".

They've been having fun monkeying with the app icon. How long until they change the name of the game to Quick Loot Boss and the transformation is complete?
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »

And apparently when DB calls something non-competitive, it really just means that it's no fun to "compete".

They've been having fun monkeying with the app icon. How long until they change the name of the game to Quick Loot Boss and the transformation is complete?

ql Boss?

oh. I was running that dungeon manually.

oops.
  • It could be worse, it could be "manual completion mania"...then instead of hurting our fingers quicklooting for relatively short times (for those of us who aren't massochists) we'd be glued to our devices trying to stay awake and forgetting to eat, pay our bills, etc.

The mere thought of even being asked to run the same dungeon manually a thousand times in a weekend just plain scares me.

• FatCat69 wrote: »

I bitched about how ridiculous and unattainable it would be...right up to the point we attained it. We had a couple of studs decide to go ham and It was easy for the rest of us. I think everyone will agree I put forth "minimum effort" but I sure will enjoy both max rewards.

Thanks, fam.
  • danacdanac Member
    sirtainly wrote: »
    It could be worse, it could be "manual completion mania"...then instead of hurting our fingers quicklooting for relatively short times (for those of us who aren't massochists) we'd be glued to our devices trying to stay awake and forgetting to eat, pay our bills, etc.

The mere thought of even being asked to run the same dungeon manually a thousand times in a weekend just plain scares me.

I was only half joking. I had a few hours to kill each day, so I ran all the red dungeons in the regular campaign for a few mats, and did the event for - well, shards and gold. Oh, and the 10x tickets. So if the event had been manual, i wouldn't have done the same dungeon over and over.
  • echonapechonap Member
    I just wanted to congratulate UW for hitting max tier on red and blue. Great job guys.
  • Thanks, @echonap !
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    This game needs some mystery dungeons where every enemy/hero is unknown or some type of actual strategic, non-grinding event like others said. What about a wave of darkness event where some crazy dev designed team of 4 heroes with runes/epics is available to fight for actual good rewards? There is the free token thing going on a few days of the week but it's only ever 3 tokens for me for as long as it's been going on. I think lesser heroes like Rogar or Stonefist should payout more tokens when they are chosen at random.
  • I personally wanted to congratulate level capped , I'm sure they've achieved something, even in spirit.
    I'd like to congratulate Red vs. Blue. They're been going on for 16 seasons and are still way funnier than this iphonecreep guy that keeps popping up from time to time.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    I'd like to congratulate Red vs. Blue. They're been going on for 16 seasons and are still way funnier than this iphonecreep guy that keeps popping up from time to time.

Careful with those hurt feelings, Garfield
  • danacdanac Member
    I'd like to congratulate myself, for not going insane after hitting a ql button over ad over for hours two days in a row.

danac wrote: »
    I'd like to congratulate myself, for not going insane after hitting a ql button over ad over for hours two days in a row.

I thought you'd said you ran them manually! I feel so disillusioned.

• danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    danac wrote: »

I thought you'd said you ran them manually! I feel so disillusioned.

in truth, I ran about 100 campaign dungeons manually, then ql Boss island for about 4k worth of loot keys- so, 50 times?, then ql the event dungeon, then ran about 20-30 event dungeons manually.
    In two days I blew over 9k stamina, and probably about 1k was manual. This might be low end, I'm not counting stamina I bought or shiny stamina here.

2»