My Dungeon Skins Would be Amazing ($$$)

It gets REALLY old playing hundreds of matches per week in the same dungeon.

I'd gladly pay a reasonable amount of cash or gems to get some backdrop variety (cosmetic only). Seems to me that this could be a pretty decent money-maker.

The new skins wouldn't all have to look like dungeons. I think we're way past suspension of disbelief in DB. There could be holiday-themed skins (ex. Lord Zomm's Tomb for Halloween), event-themed skins (ex. A big outdoor arena available for purchase during a PvP Grand Tourney), character-themed skins (ex. Lily's Glen, Valkin's Mead Hall), etc.

@Joel @xtmn8r

Anyone else have thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Big YES to this idea.

I’m thinking of games like Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros, Street Fighter, etc.. where the mechanics stay the exact same, but the background or “stage” is different from time to time.

Gives your eyes something to look at and makes it feel like the grind isn’t as grindy in my opinion.
  • ScoutYo wrote: »
    this could be a pretty decent money-maker.
    You know how to win their hearts. ;)
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited March 28
    This is a great idea. Who wouldn’t like brawling in a pub or in a bog or with an icy or fiery backdrop.

They could even come with different effects — like starting everyone on fire, poisoned, or having a percentage chance to apply the effect. Or include atmospheric effects which actually affect damage calculations like reducing damage (fighting in a marshy bog/swamp is a bit more tedious).

So maybe start with the simple — totally cosmetic — and eventually ramp up to atmospheric and environmental effects.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Although far from cosmetic I always wished my Dungeon was...actually a dungeon ie you create your own level with enemies and such with your defending team as the boss but God knows how that would even be implemented properly
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    This is a great idea. Who wouldn’t like brawling in a pub or in a bog or with an icy or fiery backdrop.

They could even come with different effects — like starting everyone on fire, poisoned, or having a percentage chance to apply the effect. Or include atmospheric effects which actually affect damage calculations like reducing damage (fighting in a marshy bog/swamp is a bit more tedious).

So maybe start with the simple — totally cosmetic — and eventually ramp up to atmospheric and environmental effects.

let's start with the really simple- fix all the bugs.
  • danac wrote: »
    let's start with the really simple- fix all the bugs.

DB history shows it isn't simple at all for our (beloved) devs
  • +1 Hell Yes to this idea! :)
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • So how would the skins work as far as who can see it (attacker vs defender)?

Let's say I buy a tavern/pub skin for my dungeon. Will I only be able to see that skin in fights when my team is defending?

Will the attacking team also be able to see the tavern skin?

Or if I buy the skin, will it show up anytime I go raid (ie I am the attacker)?
  • It should show up any time you go into your dungeon before you raid and you'll see it.
    Also any attacking team would see it too.

However, when you attack someone else, you would see THEIR dungeon skin, not yours.
  • So essential the chest room. Where you collect your chest and theirs when you raid them.
  • Yep
  • @ScoutYo This is an amazing idea! As with the normal skins, these could be rewards for events, with others that can only be bought
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens