+1 Energy Runes

YykkilYykkil Member
edited April 12 in General Discussion
So these runes are clearly exceedingly rare and can provide a monumental advantage offensively by allowing some abilities to be used a round earlier. Assuming these energy runes stack with each other, it seems unlikely DB will ever make two of the same element rune available lest an attacker gets +2 energy. If this is the case, what is the stance towards players who do not have these energy runes, and how would one be able to obtain them?

I don't agree with the 'you snooze you lose so you'll never get it' argument because the advantage you can get is too great to just brush off (namely Shade Spirit linking t1). I missed the dark community energy rune because I was on a hiatus when it was released, which is fine, but seemingly never being able to get that rune due to aforementioned logic puts a bad taste in my mouth.

To be clear, I'm not saying I deserve a rune I missed for not being on at the time. All unique runes should be unique to the people who are able to obtain them. But something like Burning Skin or +10% hp every round is incomparable to +1 energy, which is such a huge advantage that never being able to get it puts someone who does have it far ahead of someone who doesn't, regardless of setup. I'd like to see at least an opportunity for those who missed out to be able to recoup their losses, even if that chance is just once a year.

9807918

Comments

  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    My Solaris has 2 +energy runes (red and green) so they do stack.
    6446728
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    Right I completely forgot heroes could use multiple rune types, I was tunnel visioned on Shade. My point remains that this is a significant advantage with no controllable or expected method of obtaining these runes. Unless DB reckons stacking energy isn't a big deal and are planning to release these runes irregularly.
    9807918
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 12
    Yykkil wrote: »
    I'd like to see at least an opportunity for those who missed out to be able to recoup their losses, even if that chance is just once a year.

    What if that once a year window of opportunity rolls around when you're taking another break? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just think that your solution isn't a good one; it seems to accept the current model, which has put you at a disadvantage in the first place.

    I'd prefer a new rune type that gave more interesting bonuses, but had none of the standard attack/defence/HP/etc. stats on them. A white rune slot or something. +Energy on existing runes could be changed to a different stat, and the only way to get +energy would be to get a white rune with +energy on it. There'd be an opportunity cost because you'd be giving up something else cool, like an amplifier to abilities' effects (at the cost of a prolonged cooldown), or being able to target allies with a character's basic move and perform a little first aid, instead of attacking an enemy. You'd get white runes solely through tickets at events, including white runes that have been part of previous events, so players can catch up.

    What we'll actually get is a cap on the +energy runes give, so you'll get +1 energy no matter how many +energy runes you have. Then the devs can keep making +energy runes without worrying about any consequences.
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    edited April 12
    kpung07 wrote: »
    My Solaris has 2 +energy runes (red and green) so they do stack.

    I didn’t even know such runes existed and now this is alarming to me! How do you even prepare against a Solaris who will re-use immolating flames 2 turns earlier than expected!?

    Post edited by L0rdL33t on
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »
    My Solaris has 2 +energy runes (red and green) so they do stack.

    I didn’t even know such runes existed and now this is alarming to me! How do you even prepare against a Solaris who will re-use engulfing flames 2 turns earlier than expected!?

    +energy runes on defense doesn't really matter much since defenders always start with all abilities.

    Also, I believe there are currently 3 +energy runes (red, green, purple)
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    L0rdL33t wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »
    My Solaris has 2 +energy runes (red and green) so they do stack.

    I didn’t even know such runes existed and now this is alarming to me! How do you even prepare against a Solaris who will re-use engulfing flames 2 turns earlier than expected!?

    +energy runes on defense doesn't really matter much since defenders always start with all abilities.

    Also, I believe there are currently 3 +energy runes (red, green, purple)

    Wait does it mean the energy is only bonus starting energy or energy every turn?
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited April 12
    L0rdL33t wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    L0rdL33t wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »
    My Solaris has 2 +energy runes (red and green) so they do stack.

    I didn’t even know such runes existed and now this is alarming to me! How do you even prepare against a Solaris who will re-use engulfing flames 2 turns earlier than expected!?

    +energy runes on defense doesn't really matter much since defenders always start with all abilities.

    Also, I believe there are currently 3 +energy runes (red, green, purple)

    Wait does it mean the energy is only bonus starting energy or energy every turn?

    Honestly, I'm not sure. I always assumed it was just +1 at the start of a PvP match.
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »
    My Solaris has 2 +energy runes (red and green) so they do stack.

    I didn’t even know such runes existed and now this is alarming to me! How do you even prepare against a Solaris who will re-use immolating flames 2 turns earlier than expected!?

    Immolating Fire has absolutely nothing to do with energy; it charges off of a separate mechanic called "Fury". Fury increases based on how much damage is done to Solaris' allies. The formula is such that if 2 allies are killed, she's fully charged and revive everyone (or do that stupid fire attack on everyone that is absolutely worthless).

    There is no timer/energy requirement. I can use Immolating Fire in back to back turns, since Solaris starts with 3 Phoenix Charges (she resurrects at the end of a turn if she has 3); 2 allies die, solaris sacrifices herself, start of the next turn she resurrects herself and now all 4 of your team members are alive, 2 die AGAIN, and Sol will be fully charged with Fury AGAIN, and can resurrect the 2 dead guys a 2nd time.

    Now, if that happens, Solaris is down for 3 turns . . . unless you have Leonidus, who resurrects 2 beasts upon his death, which then brings back Sol earlier....and Sol has the effect of resurrecting all beasts whenever she revives . . . .so yeah, endless resurrections are fun! I made a GT, GG, Leo Sol team before Agnon came out and it was hilarious; you just outlasted everyone.
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    L0rdL33t wrote: »
    kpung07 wrote: »
    My Solaris has 2 +energy runes (red and green) so they do stack.

    I didn’t even know such runes existed and now this is alarming to me! How do you even prepare against a Solaris who will re-use engulfing flames 2 turns earlier than expected!?

    +energy runes on defense doesn't really matter much since defenders always start with all abilities.

    Also, I believe there are currently 3 +energy runes (red, green, purple)

    Wait does it mean the energy is only bonus starting energy or energy every turn?

    Only at the start of the match. For instance, I put the Red and Green +1 energies (Festive Runes, gained from using a Gold Key to open certain Winterfest doors) on Koros, which allows me to use his 2nd ability in turn 2 (and his 3rd in Turn 3) - works wonders vs. Solaris and Grog, since both have the "Magical" characteristic that Koros does 2x damage to.

    However, once Koros uses those abilities, he has to wait the normal cooldown before using them again.

    That's different from a Indigo or Ferno, which can give allies extra energy each turn (Indigo gives +1 energy to the whole team for each crit, and Ferno gives +1 energy to all flying heroes at the end of each round).

    In short, the Energy Runes really just give you an early advantage; access to the 2nd and 3rd abilities of heroes on turns 1-3 instead of 3+. You can have Agnon use Terrorstorm turn 1, Shade link turn 1 (with Kobal), do the Koros stuff I mentioned, access Dive Bomb/Choking Smoke for Ferno way earlier (he can equip all 3 energy runes), etc. It's fun stuff!

    Also, I do disagree with the OP. We had to work for those runes during certain events. If you weren't around, you shouldn't be able to get them just because.
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    edited April 12
    If the rune required you to do work such as being at the top of a certain leaderboard, fair enough. It means only a select few will get these runes. In the case of the dark community rune, the access was much wider. I'd love to have contributed to the community rune, but I wasn't there so I didn't get the chance to participate. Fair enough.

    My issue comes with the fact that releasing more +energy runes means people will start having up to +5 energy on heroes, and as that seems unlikely to be allowed to happen, it suggests a lack of energy runes in the future, meaning those who do not have them will not have the chance to get these runes. If these energy runes weren't really that big of a deal you wouldn't see them on every offense roster for players who do have them. It's a significant advantage not otherwise obtainable in any way, not even random crafting.

    Advantages on db have usually been time-exclusive - meaning any advantage you get is usually in the form of being able to use it earlier than others, such as heroes being released in an exclusive way, then being available more widely by coming into the Heroic Portal, etc. Eg. with Agnon, players who 6* him earlier by paying during his 28-door event were rewarded by having a stronger Agnon compared to those who didn't. This isn't the case with these runes, you will either have them or you don't.
    9807918
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 12
    Yykkil wrote: »
    My issue comes with the fact that releasing more +energy runes means people will start having up to +5 energy on heroes, and as that seems unlikely to be allowed to happen, it suggests a lack of energy runes in the future...
    Not necessarily. They could make it so that each hero would only get +1 energy (or whatever value you prefer) from runes at the start of a match, regardless of how many +energy runes are equipped. That way they can release more energy runes without worrying about Ferno belting out Choking Smoke on turn 1 or something daft.

  • YykkilYykkil Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Yykkil wrote: »
    My issue comes with the fact that releasing more +energy runes means people will start having up to +5 energy on heroes, and as that seems unlikely to be allowed to happen, it suggests a lack of energy runes in the future...
    Not necessarily. They could make it so that each hero would only get +1 energy (or whatever value you prefer) from runes at the start of a match, regardless of how many +energy runes are equipped. That way they can release more energy runes without worrying about Ferno belting out Choking Smoke on turn 1 or something daft.

    Whilst I'd welcome that idea, it currently isn't that case, and I cannot assume it will be.
    9807918
  • danacdanac Member
    Yykkil wrote: »
    So these runes are clearly exceedingly rare and can provide a monumental advantage offensively by allowing some abilities to be used a round earlier. Assuming these energy runes stack with each other, it seems unlikely DB will ever make two of the same element rune available lest an attacker gets +2 energy. If this is the case, what is the stance towards players who do not have these energy runes, and how would one be able to obtain them?

    meet me in the trade portal.
  • danac wrote: »
    meet me in the trade portal.

    For everyone who doesn't know how to access the trade portal-I'll tell you;
    First accumulate 10,000 hammers
    Then enter My Dungeon, and tap all characters until they drop to the ground
    Swipe right 3 times, and you will enter the Trade portal. Your first transaction will give you 'knows what hammers do.'.


    Have fun with the sol and marrow tokens!
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com