Caster Calamity!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
wiepi5lw7vm7.png

The Casters Heroes have charged up their magical abilities and are ready for a spellbinding weekend! During this event, all Casters get the Syphonize passive, which stealls all buffs from enemies they hit!

In addition to normal event quests, you can complete a special quest chain to unlock the Dark Mage Kobal skin (or Heroic Summons if you already have the skin).

We've also updated Marrow, Therand Fiddlestrom, and the other dwarves. You can read all about the changes HERE.

PLUS, Therand also now has an Epic Weapon! Read all about the Doomsday Grenade HERE.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Deathrift_Deathrift_ Member
    edited April 12
    Woah there. That passive may be just a little bit too strong, does this mean that AoE attacks steal all buffs from EVERYONE in opponents side?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Woah there. That passive may be just a little bit too strong, does this mean that AoE attacks steal all buffs from EVERYONE in opponents side?

You also have to remember enemy Casters could do the same thing!

...Yikes, Lilly teams are going to be horrifying during this event...
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited April 12
    Watch out for Shade and Pontifex >.>

@Joel Does the % chance from the new rune stack?
  • SWEET! B)
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 71 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Watch out for Shade and Pontifex >.>

@Joel Does the % chance from the new rune stack?

The chance to steal a buff can stack, but it will not stack to steal multiple buffs with one hit.
    Well that settles it. Gonna put 5 of these on Shade mwahaha
  • WasiWasi Member
    Great to see the ongoing extension of the crafting repeatable quest to include evos & mats in addition to runes :)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • WasiWasi Member
    PS - I hope there will be enough tickets to get the rune + all the marrow tokens?
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • @Joel is that rune in the shop with 20% chance to steal a buff work the same way burning touch does? Only on normal attacks?
  • li30li30 Member
    @Joel I'm bit confused, caster rune buff stealing effects proc on all hits like Syphonize or only on normal attacks ?
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »

You also have to remember enemy Casters could do the same thing!

...Yikes, Lilly teams are going to be horrifying during this event...

Just one problem, Pontifex "Returned" and Lord Zomm's "Caster Zomminions" are unable to steal enemies buffs despite being classified as casters.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • edited April 13
    @Joel Does the % stack additively ex. 1 rune 20% chance 2 rune 40 % chance ?
  • Selwyn’s Ice block is total schenanigans! That buff is constantly being traded between the teams lol.
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »
    Selwyn’s Ice block is total schenanigans! That buff is constantly being traded between the teams lol.

Same with Agnon's stoneform and Ekko's ethereal.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The rune gives a chance to steal on any attack and can stack. 2 runes gives you a 40% chance to steal 1 buff per enemy per hit. No matter how many runes you equip, there will be a 0% chance to steal 2 buffs from an enemy on a single hit.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    Joel wrote: »
    The rune gives a chance to steal on any attack and can stack. 2 runes gives you a 40% chance to steal 1 buff per enemy per hit. No matter how many runes you equip, there will be a 0% chance to steal 2 buffs from an enemy on a single hit.
    So the 20% chance is additive, not multiplicative?
  • ScoutYo wrote: »

It's almost certainly multiplicative. Two individual 20% rolls. Or on shade 5 individual 20% rolls. Not a 100% chance he steals a buff.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    That's what I'd assumed, just like the Warrior runes.
    edited April 13
    @Joel If I use Sapping Vines with one of these runes on Lily does it have a chance to steal a buff at the end of each round when the vines hit? What about AoE attacks? Does it have 20% chance per target?
  • ScoutYo wrote: »

It's almost certainly multiplicative. Two individual 20% rolls. Or on shade 5 individual 20% rolls. Not a 100% chance he steals a buff.

Reading Joel's post above, it sounds like it's additive. 5 runes on shade will be 100% chance to steal 1 buff from an enemy.
  • So maybe I'm dense, but how can we create reliable team synergies for pvp and tower if we have no idea when our key buffs might be stolen and used against us?
  • Calamity: an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress; a disaster.
    It's chaos! Ahhh!
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    ScoutYo wrote: »

Reading Joel's post above, it sounds like it's additive. 5 runes on shade will be 100% chance to steal 1 buff from an enemy.

This would be amazing, but I'm skeptical. Anyone willing to test on shade?
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    We can't until the event is over. He has a 100% chance to steal a buff with the event passive.
  • oh... right. Even if Joel's wrong 5 Caster runes should have min of 67% chance to steal buff. I'll probably still buy them.

I will test it after event if not confirmed, bit he said it adds. I don't see why it wouldn't. If it doesn't add then don't put 20% chance in the description
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    So maybe I'm dense, but how can we create reliable team synergies for pvp and tower if we have no idea when our key buffs might be stolen and used against us?

I'm using Agnon, Ferno, Sol, Lily for 100% of my teams and I'm 37-2 this season. The matches are kinda fun as buffs get bounced around, but overall, still same strategy as I've been using.
    The key is to use 1 or 2 casters then get a couple noncasters and put caster runes on them ;) or go with a non buffing team
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    @Joel thanks for the info!