New Legendary Nature Hero Coming Soon

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    DopeyHopes wrote: »
    It could be a male elf warrior like a Legolas character, or a Tree-person like Groot and RoaE, or an Ogre like Shrek. My more creative guesses are an "Acid-using" reptile or demon, or a "lucky" frog either healer or tank. These I could see Legendary.

I don't think it would be an acid reptile, that's already in use... I'm thinking it's either a Healer Ent (Tree person) or Elf. Elf would continue the elf buffs like lady Nim and Anti-Air recently.

Whenever people talk about an Elf Legendary hero they seem to always say they’re going to be male. I think it would make perfect sense for the Legendary to be an Elf Queen. Perhaps Willow’s mother? Queen of the forest?

By the way, I feel Dungeon Boss made a mistake with the new Elf race passive. It sort of implies that all Elves are going to be archers, as the 2x damage against Flying is implied by the fact all the current Elves use bows (many video games consider bows to have some sort of effectiveness or strength over flying enemies). If they ever added an Elf without a bow, or an archer who isn’t an Elf, it wouldn’t make sense for the Elf to deal 2x damage to Flying, or the archer to not deal 2x damage to Flying.
    Not to say I don’t think the Elves should’ve been buffed. I’m very happy about that. But it might create problems in the future. Perhaps they could eventually split the passive into ‘Elven Grace’, which reduces damage from Crits, and then a passive ‘Archer’ that hrants 2x damage to Flying.
  • danacdanac Member

Whenever people talk about an Elf Legendary hero they seem to always say they’re going to be male. I think it would make perfect sense for the Legendary to be an Elf Queen. Perhaps Willow’s mother? Queen of the forest?

Daeris is an elf queen.
    Maybe the new one can be an elf duchess.

• Nope, in the guild summit they confirmed that the new hero is a male and that he is supposed to counter solaris somehow
  • It could be another body/purge like Zomm. It's strange he would be green, the element countered by Solaris but it may be because the main people with Solaris are blue, GG and GT. If he will counter Solaris, it could be a monster since they are supposed to counter beasts. If we think of green monsters in older movies, there is the blob but Phenol already exists, the creature of the deep lagoon, that would be a green Marrow. There's also the swamp thing which could be a good purge, with his drips and all. It also looks like a legendary. He also kidnapped people so that could be some sort of body purge.
  • It could be another body/purge like Zomm. It's strange he would be green, the element countered by Solaris but it may be because the main people with Solaris are blue, GG and GT. If he will counter Solaris, it could be a monster since they are supposed to counter beasts. If we think of green monsters in older movies, there is the blob but Phenol already exists, the creature of the deep lagoon, that would be a green Marrow. There's also the swamp thing which could be a good purge, with his drips and all. It also looks like a legendary. He also kidnapped people so that could be some sort of body purge.

It will probably be some ogre eating Solaris ,like chicken wings... Or it could be something else, like an undead green, anti beast, the idea for my little guy might just come true, with the new hero, hero type, it would bring so much hype, imagine all of the shapeshift heroes people would make! Or it will be some kind of Frankenstein.... That will reanimate enemies or allies to fight for you and will fuse dead allies and enemies together into a horrifying monstrosity to fight at your will!... I have spoiled to much for my next hero creation, but to be honest it won't be a green... Or a Frankenstein or a monster...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • does helia bladestorm mean anything?
  • She’s referred as an Epic Boss (likely as part of future content), meaning she wouldn’t be a playable hero.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • I could see a Solaris Torchy Ferno constantly burning the enemy. This would be amazing if the added a flying team freezer. The banner at the top of the page has all heroes that we know plus a blue bat... would be cool to see it come to the game.

Anyone notice the board game's necromancers box also has a blue bat as a playable character?
  • I could see a Solaris Torchy Ferno constantly burning the enemy. This would be amazing if the added a flying team freezer. The banner at the top of the page has all heroes that we know plus a blue bat... would be cool to see it come to the game.

Anyone notice the board game's necromancers box also has a blue bat as a playable character?

I'm guessing it's just the blue bat in the background image on this website at the top. Old art or torchy used to be blue, and petersen games just took the art from this site or whatnot.
  • I still think it will be a hero sometime. If they take the time to make a statue for a board game with stats and abilities, why not bring it to the game? So much less production cost especially with the base already made.
  • A blue bat, you say? How ‘bout a blue goblin? More specifically, a goblin archer. likely won’t happen, but imagining doesn’t hurt, right?

Well, the figurine is used for Torchy (despite being Fire-elemental in-game).
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The Kickstarter Torchy art is incorrect and we will have it fixed soon. He will be red, not blue :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Thanks for letting us know! :blush:
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited April 16
    maybe its an undead healer construct! zomgudness. Or maybe a healing tree that stops all other sources of healing or redirects enemy healing to allies. Those are my guesses
  • Joel wrote: »
    The Kickstarter Torchy art is incorrect and we will have it fixed soon. He will be red, not blue :)

Can y'all also fix the blue torchy at the top of the website?
  • Call it a wild guess but I think the new nature hero will be another green hero.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
    You sure about that? Ferno is a green hero but he's more of a fire hero at the same time. Maybe it's a green hero but with water abilities to put out that flaming chicken nugget
  • Devs should release hints to what the next hero would be, that way it would drive people with so much hype, maybe a poem or a rhyme???
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    A long time ago, Dungeon Boss had a contest to guess the new hero. I think it may have be Astrid.
    It wasn't so much about the name, more about the traits and abilities.
    The prize was some number of gems, can't remember.

The Guildmaster @Foxboxes of the guild I was in then -- shout out to "Synchronicity" -- won the contest.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • No. What happened was they couldn't think of a name for Astrid, so they asked the community to help out. Eventually, they ignored the community and went with Astrid.
  • lol
    "Guess the hero name." (We don't have one yet.)
    Some guy guesses Astrid.
    (Hmmm we like it.) "That's it you got it!"
  • KaneKane Member
    edited April 18
    I was thinking it could possibly be a spider that has corpse removal or some sort of anti air ability. and if it was a plant i'd say it was a tree tank
    The new hero is Groot! xD
  • He would have a passive rooting for the enemy which would take away flyers flying passive and drain life from them at the end of each turn, reducing their max health and increasing his! This effect might also trigger when he is melee attacked.
    He would have a passive rooting for the enemy which would take away flyers flying passive and drain life from them at the end of each turn, reducing their max health and increasing his! This effect might also trigger when he is melee attacked.

That plus Lilly's Vines would make me immediately forfeit any match. Please no more overpowered AoE's. If that was a single-target ability? I'd be fine.
  • Midas23Midas23 Member
    Well seeing as their last couple of new hero's have changed the meta with each "Grand Unveiling," it stands to reason that this new hero should be pretty good. Will it be a 'game changer' idk? I can't see the future...unfortunately. Also its a LEGENDARY hero. I bet its going to be good. :smile:
    Current Level: 70
    Favorite Hero: Grog-gnog
    VVV Strong
    Legionnaire Officer
    "If there is ever a trait named 'Midas Touched' its named after me"
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited April 19
    He would have a passive rooting for the enemy which would take away flyers flying passive and drain life from them at the end of each turn, reducing their max health and increasing his! This effect might also trigger when he is melee attacked.

That plus Lilly's Vines would make me immediately forfeit any match. Please no more overpowered AoE's. If that was a single-target ability? I'd be fine.

Dude it only affects flying people and the chance it affects a melee attacker is like 10% or something, not that high, and again I wish to clarify that I want Solaris passives to not need solaris to proc, there are so many people (me included) that get harrassed in chat for using Solaris, even tho the only reason why we use her is to activate the passives for the true all stars for the team.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited April 19
    haxyc2dx8133.jpeg
    Total proof that the next hero is going to be a reptile, question is what will it's traits and skills be, if reps are getting a legendary it better be good to get that team out of the dumps, it's because they get 1 shot so maybe it's just Solaris 2.0 yep that's the awnser, that is definantly better then Solaris (hyperventilates and faints)