Tower of Pwnage (Survival Mode)

I'm sure it's been mentioned 100 times before, but why can't we have an endless tower / survival mode?

PROS
- provides some (any) end game content and rewards those with good rosters
- players motivated to invest in all heros on roster (DB wins with more resources spent, more high end runes crafted)
- the community can stop wondering about PvE Boss Mode level 12.3 and beyond
- development time? maintaining existing defense random hero sets, but implement a slight increase each level (as per a recent event)

CONS
- the resourcing requirements of someone at HQ having to sacrifice their time mulling over mind blowing Guild Games rewards to invest some time in developing a sliding scale rewards table
- said rewards may be too generous (gems, mats, stamina, quality runes) or too irrelevant (evos, gold, potions, entry level runes)
---
The Potato Army

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    What would be the reward for endless tower? 275 gems per 12 floors? Or just the satisfaction of being the highest on the leaderboard?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I'd play this if it didn't give out any rewards at all. Put endless mode in the game first, let us find the inevitable bugs, and any prizes can be figured out later (if they're even necessary).
  • Stinky wrote: »
    I'd play this if it didn't give out any rewards at all. Put endless mode in the game first, let us find the inevitable bugs, and any prizes can be figured out later (if they're even necessary).

I think if it were in the game, for people to play it enough to get good testing done, it would have to have some rewards. If they gave out 15 gems and 100 pwnage points it would be worthwhile.
  • Stinky wrote: »

I think if it were in the game, for people to play it enough to get good testing done, it would have to have some rewards. If they gave out 15 gems and 100 pwnage points it would be worthwhile.

Free infinite gem piles for me (cough cough) I mean free gems for everyone (my rooster is so good, it can survive all 12 floors already... Woooh!!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Not with an infinitely scaling tower...

Besides, weren't you the one complaining that the tower is hard? It's not that bad...
  • Not with an infinitely scaling tower...

Besides, weren't you the one complaining that the tower is hard? It's not that bad...

that was before i got my shikate fully ascended, tower never knew what hit him, my jabber and bovus can handle like 2-4 floors of solaris with solaris dead, thats pretty good imo
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • darrendarren Member
    i barely do Tower anymore as the Pwn Shop available rewards are so ......**** yawn ****....... unexciting.
  • darren wrote: »
    i barely do Tower anymore as the Pwn Shop available rewards are so ......**** yawn ****....... unexciting.

Energy? Unless you are totally maxed stars and ascensions.

Energy? Unless you are totally maxed stars and ascensions.

energy is always good, soon enough they are going to bring cap increase, then your efforts will be all worth it, also the possability of getting an amazing resource called gems, i mean 225 is a lot of gems, even if you are using it on pvp or pve... maybe even spending it on runes if you are..... Stupid
  • darrendarren Member
    Yup.. don't get me wrong, free energy and the gems are always welcomed.. i'm just saying the PwN Shop items are not too interesting... Buying 50x2 energy ain't too exciting either...
    Yup.. don't get me wrong, free energy and the gems are always welcomed.. i'm just saying the PwN Shop items are not too interesting... Buying 50x2 energy ain't too exciting either...

idk man, i mean next level increase you will wish that you increased enegry, i got like 1k, waiting to get enough to get me to 70... i just need 2k more xp or something like that