Oh, so you've been supporting Dungeon Boss financially all along? Well screw you then.

So this offer was to a non VIP...

nafxd94ygtnv.jpg

This is what VIP members get...(because they really need the evos)

frxap3gyv3uj.jpg

Am I alone in thinking this is BS?

Comments

• But the second one is for Drakk the Warlord. The first one is for Drakk the Janitor.
  • I didn't seem to get either one. I would have bought the first, but as VIP 5 I would not have seen it. I would not have bought the 2nd.
  • (I might consider the warlord offer, but the price seems high and it seems to contain items a VIP would already tend to have. Id've preferred everyone was offered the first smaller offer.)
  • JazthiJazthi Member
    I would totally buy the first offer. It seems like a real bargain. But as far as I remember there was a bundle like this for Agnon during his event, also only von non-VIPs and this was intended. Maybe this is to get more customers and say like "hey it's good to pay money for this game and it doesn't hurt you"
  • If you don't like it @Monkeynuts then stop spending $ on this game.
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    If you don't like it @Monkeynuts then stop spending $ on this game.

Well the problem is that not spending money doesn’t make the better deals start popping up. Once you’ve spent a certain amount and gotten to a certain VIP rank, you can’t go back. So it’s unfair if they only offer the good deals to those who have spent the least.
  • It's a great deal for F2P members, to get them to spend some $$$ on the game.
    And DB already has the high level VIP's $$$, so they could care less.
    Makes perfect sense from a business perspective.

Like I said, don't like it, quit giving DB your $$$.
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    @Joel can you comment on this? Why isn't this offer coming up for everyone?
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    Can confirm, would buy the first offer, have no interest in the second.
  • Alienating your best customers and offering them overpriced garbage they don't need is "perfect business sense"?

You must be a Wharton graduate. :|
  • CurTotoroCurTotoro Member
    edited April 27
    Monkeynuts wrote: »
    Alienating your best customers and offering them overpriced garbage they don't need is "perfect business sense"?

You must be a Wharton graduate. :|

These games probably pay off best for developers by cultivating short-term investments from the more numerous new players rather than trying to nurture the fewer max players, many of whom are probably hooked and spend anyway, yeah? I stopped spending on this game a while ago and so don’t feel bad if the game doesn’t cater to me. Honestly, there’s really no need to pay to play this game as long as you’re OK not being on leaderboards, or waiting for some things, etc.
    I hate it, but it does kind of make sense... Give the newbies 100 Drakk tokens to get him to 3* quick, possibly letting them have a chance at getting high ranks in PvP, which will make them feel great and continue to play/spend money.

It’s good from a business perspective, but only a short term-based model. Long term, you want all your players to love you. Or at least tolerate you.
  • I hate it, but it does kind of make sense... Give the newbies 100 Drakk tokens to get him to 3* quick, possibly letting them have a chance at getting high ranks in PvP, which will make them feel great and continue to play/spend money.

It’s good from a business perspective, but only a short term-based model. Long term, you want all your players to love you. Or at least tolerate you.

Not if you can just keep recruiting new players.
    CurTotoro wrote: »
    I hate it, but it does kind of make sense... Give the newbies 100 Drakk tokens to get him to 3* quick, possibly letting them have a chance at getting high ranks in PvP, which will make them feel great and continue to play/spend money.

Hence why I said good for a short term perspective...
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »

nafxd94ygtnv.jpg

frxap3gyv3uj.jpg

Monkeynuts wrote: »

nafxd94ygtnv.jpg

frxap3gyv3uj.jpg

I agree with you, total squirrel, this is a thing that must be stopped... It costs like 50+ more cents in USA #WeAreAllTheSameNoMatterWhereWeLive

#IHateLongHashtags
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • edited April 28
    danac wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    But the second one is for Drakk the Warlord. The first one is for Drakk the Janitor.

who wants the warlord? I hear the janitor really cleans up.

Did somebody call a janitor?

Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »

nafxd94ygtnv.jpg

frxap3gyv3uj.jpg

Also my brother got that offer yesterday and has never spent a cent on this game...but he never got the janitor package... Wierd
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • CurTotoro wrote: »

I'm wondering how many long term players have stopped spending altogether. I stopped when they dropped the $3 a month gem package, and my $3 a month now goes to a different game.

I'd have been tempted by 100 Drakk tokens in a $7 package, but at VIP 5 I'm also just getting a $35 package, under two different names but with the same price and varying evos. I don't need any evos, I had a fully ascended Drakk 30 seconds after acquiring him. I don't need 1 million gold when I already have 200 million in reserve.

Annoying to find they are deliberately snubbing their paying players, but nothing about this game's business model surprises me anymore.
  • That policy, if true, may be deemed by the company to be the best financially for them (others may disagree.)

If a company would prefer to glean small amounts from the many small fish that swim in their pond and reward the repeat-spenders at a lower level, that is their right. There are repercussions to those decisions. I often find companies aren't so concerned about the repercussions and unintended consequences.

They have the right to develop a model that they think grabs the most money it can in the shortest time, even if there are other tradeoffs. Remember, once you get them spending, they then fall into the other category of repeat customer.

I, as a consumer, have the right to patronize products I find match my values, and my personal values err more toward "humane" profit models.

A company has a right to ignore me.
    I have the right to patronize elsewhere.

Bottom line, they coulda got 5 bucks outta me, maybe even twice, but not $34 as currently offered. And their choice of offers will impact my further purchasing decisions with them.

There are reasons investors express interest in "same store sales."
  • I'm more interested in buying a Willow Swift Ascends box thingy
    Level: 42
    Favourite hero: Lupina
    Currently: Doing an maths investigation
  • NemoBait wrote: »
    I'm more interested in buying a Willow Swift Ascends box thingy

idk, i didn't even use her when i got her... thats how bad i thought she was, i didnt even final ascend her...

I don’t think there’s anything short-term about it. It looks like the model is to cultivate lower-level spending from a broad incoming base that needs to be nurtured with great deals, while assuming higher level players that have stuck with the game will either stop playing/spending at some point (so not worth offering them the cheap deals) or will be hooked and willing to pay a premium to advance more slowly and stay ahead of the other hooked players. I reached a point where I just realized I wouldn’t spend anything more regardless of the value. Obviously, there are players that are farther along than me (lvl63) and more invested in the game still willing to keep spending. Another perspective is that keeping deals cheap for later level players just speeds them toward maxing things out, which would cause many to seemingly lose interest in the game and quit. Better to leave them wanting that last bit and complaining about the high price (which only makes that last bit more appealing to the DB junky).
  • ruqqsruqqs Member
    @Joel

Please kindly look into this. SUCH NONSENSE?! This is not the first time, why can't the system be more fair to distribute equally to everyone?

WHY ONLY NON VIP? You should have given to those VIP players so that they can buy it, and not to those NON VIP to tempt them to buy.

Spenders wanted to buy but couldn't, then again non spenders doesnt want to spend but always seeing better offer. OPPOSITE???

What kind of marketing strategies is that????????
  • The thing is, There ARE people willing to spend on the cheap stuff but not the expensive things. DB would honestly make more money if they just gave both deals to both people right? All these people who stick with the game actually would pay 7 bucks and not 35 so... DB lost out on at least 50 bucks this event because they have expensive packs that no one buys. Seems like a bad business plan on their part.
  • They missed out on like 500 dollars, I mean my entire guild would of bought it, I mean I would too, and I bet competitive guilds would buy it too because well it's basically 100 tokens, free key, 1k gems and 1 mil gold (most people buy it for key and tokens, I mean it grants like 5k tickets for each purchase... Kinda amazing and I bet they would of made thousands more!!!
  • The thing is, There ARE people willing to spend on the cheap stuff but not the expensive things. DB would honestly make more money if they just gave both deals to both people right? All these people who stick with the game actually would pay 7 bucks and not 35 so... DB lost out on at least 50 bucks this event because they have expensive packs that no one buys. Seems like a bad business plan on their part.

Well, it’s euros, so more like $10 and $40, but...how do you know that there aren’t people shelling out the $40? Maybe DB is just smart and realizes they actually make more money by charging veteran players more? If just 1 in 4 spends, it works out the same, and again, it slows their progress to max. I have no idea, it’s all just speculation, really.
    The thing is, There ARE people willing to spend on the cheap stuff but not the expensive things. DB would honestly make more money if they just gave both deals to both people right? All these people who stick with the game actually would pay 7 bucks and not 35 so... DB lost out on at least 50 bucks this event because they have expensive packs that no one buys. Seems like a bad business plan on their part.

Well, it’s euros, so more like $10 and $40, but...how do you know that there aren’t people shelling out the $40? Maybe DB is just smart and realizes they actually make more money by charging veteran players more? If just 1 in 4 spends, it works out the same, and again, it slows their progress to max. I have no idea, it’s all just speculation, really.
    But 85% of the entire player base has VIP whether it be from birthday presents, or from purchases from their wallet, they are missing out on 80% of the player base, and everyone I have seen playing hasn't bought the 40 dollar purchase because they think either A it's way to expensive or b because they already can buy those evos with the mass amounts of evos they have stored, I mean it's unappealing to both sides, one side they can beat everything and they don't ever get around to the uses of it (lower levels like 49- or level 55-70 they are already crazy rich in resources and have already finished their goal team (dark,Solaris, or some other) and even if they want to ascend him they could...

Bottom line this is only appealing to 4 levels which most people are out of quickly, not to mention they can easily unlock it within a month or so of pvp... Only someone that is affected by something stupifying would purchase this deal. Or it's just a stupid kid.
    The thing is, There ARE people willing to spend on the cheap stuff but not the expensive things. DB would honestly make more money if they just gave both deals to both people right? All these people who stick with the game actually would pay 7 bucks and not 35 so... DB lost out on at least 50 bucks this event because they have expensive packs that no one buys. Seems like a bad business plan on their part.

That's true but I feel like much more than 4 times would buy the cheap one over the expensive one. Why not give both offers to everyone anyways? More possibility of money.