Patch Notes: April 25th, 2018 [Meet the Barbarians!]

13»

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    coneyK wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey @coneyK. I forgot to include the part about Abigail becoming a rogue, that was my bad! I've edited the patch notes to reflect the change.

Yes. But WHY is she a Rogue now? What motivated that change? @Joel

I wonder if they are planning a hero or rework for a hero that involves beating the heck out of Rogues. They’ve been making a lot of heroes Rogues now... Yorick, Lupina, even Rocky if I remember correctly?

Problem is, none of them are very strong. So, maybe it is also the opposite - Maybe a hero is coming that will buff the heck out of Rogues?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    1. Additive, should show up on the passive properly with the flyoff, so 75%.
    2. It can be purged. Attempting to steal would reset rage.
    3. It is more like feathers currently.

We are aware of the issue with Unbridled Rage and are looking into a solution for it.

Regarding Abigail being a rogue, from @DB_Dillon: In Dungeon Boss we're working toward classifying our heroes as we rework them. Abigail, Lupina, Rocky, Yorick have all been changed to rogues. You'll notice that high physical ability damage (Ie. I delete a single target,) or a strong focus on buffing or debuffing will be getting the Rogue treatment. Abigail's Furious Charge now reads "I buff all my allies attack. Additionally, I buff my barbarian allies Rage and Defense. Then I do massive single target damage to an enemy." With that in mind, she's a natural fit for the Rogue class. Fast is somewhat unrelated, it's just a natural fit for a character with a buffing ability to apply it before most act.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com

We are aware of the issue with Unbridled Rage and are looking into a solution for it.

Regarding Abigail being a rogue, from @DB_Dillon: In Dungeon Boss we're working toward classifying our heroes as we rework them. Abigail, Lupina, Rocky, Yorick have all been changed to rogues. You'll notice that high physical ability damage (Ie. I delete a single target,) or a strong focus on buffing or debuffing will be getting the Rogue treatment. Abigail's Furious Charge now reads "I buff all my allies attack. Additionally, I buff my barbarian allies Rage and Defense. Then I do massive single target damage to an enemy." With that in mind, she's a natural fit for the Rogue class. Fast is somewhat unrelated, it's just a natural fit for a character with a buffing ability to apply it before most act.

Hm, that actually makes sense. Like how League has Assassins, Junglers, Tanks, Mages, Supports and Bruisers. You can vaguely get an idea of what a hero is going to be like based on their tag.
    I think when Hero sorting becomes a thing, if ever, we should be able to search heroes based on class.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 26

Hm, that actually makes sense. Like how League has Assassins, Junglers, Tanks, Mages, Supports and Bruisers. You can vaguely get an idea of what a hero is going to be like based on their tag.
    I think when Hero sorting becomes a thing, if ever, we should be able to search heroes based on class.

I dunno man. Grog has a strong focus on buffing and debuffing, as well as beating the snot out of people. I wouldn't call him a rogue, though, just like I wouldn't call Yorick, Abigail or Ekko a rogue.
  • StinkyStinky Member

Eh. Grog has a strong focus on buffing/debuffing and beating people senseless. I wouldn't call him a natural rogue, the same way I wouldn't call Ekko, Yorick or Abigail a rogue.
    Stinky wrote: »

Eh. Grog has a strong focus on buffing/debuffing and beating people senseless. I wouldn't call him a natural rogue, the same way I wouldn't call Ekko, Yorick or Abigail a rogue.

I think the Fast, high-damage single target attack is a more important aspect of Rogues. I would consider buffing/debuffing something any class can do, and not necessarily an indicator of what class they are.
    But then again, you have Lupina and Rocky, who are very much support-role characters who lack any real strong offensive capabilities (besides Lupina's Epic, but that's not part of her actual kit). Sooooo.... I dunno.
  • @Joel if you’re aware of the Unbridled Rage bug... why wasn’t it fixed before release?

And if it wasn’t fixed because you didn’t know about it... why the hell didn’t you know? Did the MFG not play test it? Do you not have your own QA resource to play test these things? When do you anticipate fixing one of the keynote behaviors of your new hero and family?
  • Joel wrote: »
    Fast is somewhat unrelated, it's just a natural fit for a character with a buffing ability to apply it before most act.

Although it is a natural fit, I think Shade should be downgraded to normal speed so he doesn't instantly spirit link second turn, or first on attack. Most people who use the damage boost as dark aren't fast besides Hopper so Shade's speed isn't essential.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    edited May 1
    Shade's fine as is why does everyone keep screaming for a nerf.
  • kpung07 wrote: »

Idk, maybe they want purple to fall to dust more then it already is since clearly barbs are way stronger then dark, and basically make Solaris stronger, and basically destroy shadow teams whether it be stealing their energy, stealing their shroud,not getting killed turn one... #DarksNeedBuffsNotNerfs
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

The only thing Shade needs nerfed is his spirit link. 100% makes him invincible, you're basically attacking your allies. Right after it runs out, he can possess and survive longer!
    Haunted's damage buff should also maybe be cut to at most, 60%. Probably lower. Doubling Dark damage for 2 turns is stupid broken. On top of that, the enemy he hits with Haunted Past gets Feared, making them take QUAD DAMAGE (haha) from Dark enemies. I remember a discussion on the Line app a long time ago about how Shade was going to be nerfed... Mainly his Spirit Link not making him invincible and Haunted Past doing significantly less damage... But that was almost a year ago.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Shade is fine the way he is. Stop asking for nerfs. Remember what happened to MK.

The only thing Shade needs nerfed is his spirit link. 100% makes him invincible, you're basically attacking your allies. Right after it runs out, he can possess and survive longer!
    Haunted's damage buff should also maybe be cut to at most, 60%. Probably lower. Doubling Dark damage for 2 turns is stupid broken. On top of that, the enemy he hits with Haunted Past gets Feared, making them take QUAD DAMAGE (haha) from Dark enemies. I remember a discussion on the Line app a long time ago about how Shade was going to be nerfed... Mainly his Spirit Link not making him invincible and Haunted Past doing significantly less damage... But that was almost a year ago.

You guys realize that shade has nothing on these barbs right, besides to many purges/cleansers are being released for spirit link to be that op, only for the lower levels, i mean think about it you guys are basically saying he is invincible WITH spirit link, well with that new hero drakk and solaris... every meta team has a way to deal with him, he will definantly fall out of the meta in the process of Barbs becoming our merciless overlords, and the fear was to counter beasts, if you don't remember the barbs have immunity to fear, and the quad damage... still like i have said in other posts has been bugged, its not supposed to deal that much damage, once its fixxed i highly doubt that you guys will be saying OOH Please Nerf this hero and not the one that can't be killed turn one and once he fills tower it will be a 22+ turn of floors slugfest....

echonap wrote: »
    Shade is fine the way he is. Stop asking for nerfs. Remember what happened to MK.
    Couldn't of said it better myself
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Why does everyone have to relate nerfs to MK? Nerfs can still leave a hero in a good state. Although not the most powerful hero, Shade is still OP with 2 round invincibility and full abilities on possess and needs a nerf to get to a balanced state. So do other heroes.
  • Lol this has happened before, people ask game to nerf hero, they nerf hero over the top, players regret it, and then cry forever, besides the main reason he is good ATM is because of his massive capabilities against barbs because of barbs, again like I said above he is only good against a team with no purge or cleanse, almost every team in high end has a cleanser, not to mention a hero called Solaris, I mean come on, he isn't as good as you guys keep saying, if you truely think that grab a barb team against them without Solaris, that's right I bet it is easy enough to crush them without Solaris, I have had an absolute 95% win rate against that team (lost to bugs like invincability not proccing first round...)

I am just saying tho shade is an amazing hero, but no where near the power each barb has with drak, or Solaris with beasts, or whatever crazy new hero DB makes next that will probably have to Destroy passives or something because to be as good as the two prior... Or we are getting another aria hero I hope for latter obviously, this game doesn't need more over costed weak heroes... Or buff those heroes so we don't have to use them as worse case scenario hero.
  • Not sure why you just contradicted yourselves saying you don't know the big deal about Solaris then saying she's OP with her beasts...

Also I'm not sure how good Shade is against barbs because I haven't seen them in PVP yet and mine aren't FA. I only faced them in the tower at round 11 after most my main team died and got destroyed.
  • Not sure why you just contradicted yourselves saying you don't know the big deal about Solaris then saying she's OP with her beasts...

Also I'm not sure how good Shade is against barbs because I haven't seen them in PVP yet and mine aren't FA. I only faced them in the tower at round 11 after most my main team died and got destroyed.

Well this requires them to be final Ascension, you know mirroring, but the power of each hero scales when a new hero is released, also the only reason I ever lose to this team is when my invincability doesn't proc and then I lose because all 4 heroes need to stay alive for my combos to take action, basically I have Abigail get everyone's attack and rage up, then ignus uses mega fire Nova which destroys whoever would attack next whether it be a ponti , doesn't destroy agnon, if agnon agnon attacks one of my non procced members then I use cry havoc, everyone having fire touch just start applying burns with all the bonus attacks the team is destroyed no matter what they could of possibly done.
13»