Barbarians in the Tower

Anyone else concerned that full barbarian teams (multiple full barbarian teams) in the tower is going to be a wall that just eats through a roster and spits it out preventing any further progress?
I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    I think someone else might have posted about this.....
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    I must have missed it, do you have the link
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • By the time I got to the 11th tower, three from my main team were dead. Normally this would be a problem because I still had Shade and Zomm but it was a barb team. They went through my whole roster before anyone died. They are very hard in the tower especially with an invincibility round. Does anyone know if it returns on restart of the battle? (Take one down to 1 hp, all die, bring in a new team and try to kill again?)
  • By the time I got to the 11th tower, three from my main team were dead. Normally this would be a problem because I still had Shade and Zomm but it was a barb team. They went through my whole roster before anyone died. They are very hard in the tower especially with an invincibility round. Does anyone know if it returns on restart of the battle? (Take one down to 1 hp, all die, bring in a new team and try to kill again?)

dude you gotta kill the barbs twice, but at least you get invincibility on each floor!!

Same goes for the barbs tho, if you fail they get invincible shield again...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • RIP
  • RIP

This will cause devs to remove runes from tower tho....or they planned this all along trying to our sources of free gems one by one!!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    Today, I had 7 floors with Solaris beast teams and three floors with barb teams, I’m lv 70 and my toons were dropping like flys. I don’t like the look of the future of the tower.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    Maybe the Barbs should be limited to floor 1. You know Barbarians at the Gate.
    Of course Solaris can still be on all the other floors.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    Maybe the Barbs should be limited to floor 1. You know Barbarians at the Gate.
    Of course Solaris can still be on all the other floors.

Maybe make barbs the twelth floor...
  • PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    Does anyone have suggestions for how to defeat barbarian teams in the tower...without sustaining heavy losses? Today was the first time I have had to deal with it and it was not pretty at all.

Thanks 😄
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    As more and more people go to barb defense, more and more floors will have barbs. They may come a time when even the heavy hitters can’t finish the tower.
  • echonapechonap Member
    PugsOfWar wrote: »
    Does anyone have suggestions for how to defeat barbarian teams in the tower...without sustaining heavy losses? Today was the first time I have had to deal with it and it was not pretty at all.

Thanks 😄

1. Focus on one barbarian at a time. Get one barb to invincible, purge it, kill him. Repeat.
    2. Do not use AE attacks.
    3. Barbs are extremely vulnerable to silence freeze. (Probably because they wear thongs to battle.) You have three fast silencers (Indigo, Torchy, Rocky) and four normal freezers (Selwyn, Igo, Valkin, or Icebloom). Use them wisely. Torchy and Valkin recharge the fastest, so use them first. Use Indigo second and she can recharge Valkin. If done correctly, you can probably squeeze 5-6 uses out of this.
  • Deathrift_Deathrift_ Member
    So we have to use... STRATEGY?

gasp... so people can't bring in their favorite heroes and expect to win anymore?
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    So we have to use... STRATEGY?

gasp... so people can't bring in their favorite heroes and expect to win anymore?

LOL I always did that... Didn't you guys, for a weaker then lvl70s guy I thought I would be less "smart" then you guys XD
  • The problem with that is, runes got away with using whatever strategy would work. Unless you're super rich, you can't be swapping runes constantly. You can only have around 3 good teams.
  • The problem with that is, runes got away with using whatever strategy would work. Unless you're super rich, you can't be swapping runes constantly. You can only have around 3 good teams.

Nah, I use some heroes that don't need runes to be good like shikate, and I have like 30 supers and treaters greaters combined

I mean shikate is there for silence and double attack for heroes, and if used with lily you can get a pretty great start of 4 growth.
  • *SOME* heroes. Many MANY teams can't get away with not having runes. Also, your reply still doesn't prove that a single person (other than high level 70s) can have many good teams.
  • *SOME* heroes. Many MANY teams can't get away with not having runes. Also, your reply still doesn't prove that a single person (other than high level 70s) can have many good teams.

Maybe not unique teams, but you can switch out a hero or two for an alternate team... I got like 10 teams just out of my barbs and they are all semi viable, they work on different enemies.
  • I mean against teams that chew through entire teams- not just replacing a hero that dies here or there.
  • WasiWasi Member
    I had reduced all barbarians to zero health / invincibility then was defeated. When I re entered with new heros they all insta died and I won the level without doing anything.. @Joel not sure if this is a bug?
    ---
    The Potato Army