Multiple Warrior runes

Does anyone know the mechanics of multiple Warrior runes?

20% chance of an extra attack ... do two runes give 40% chance of an extra attack? Or a 32% chance of an extra, 4% chance of two extra? Or do they combine for no additional bonus? Something else?
Tagged:

Comments

• MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited April 7
    36% chance. They proc independently, but never double up. Think about rolling 2 5-sided dice and the chances of getting at least one 5.
  • Joel just mentioned that Caster Rune's 4th trait is additive. So likely the same with Warrior Rune. 2 runes = 40% chance.
    Joel wrote: »
    The rune gives a chance to steal on any attack and can stack. 2 runes gives you a 40% chance to steal 1 buff per enemy per hit. No matter how many runes you equip, there will be a 0% chance to steal 2 buffs from an enemy on a single hit.
  • DexKivuliDexKivuli Member
    edited April 15
    Joel just mentioned that Caster Rune's 4th trait is additive. So likely the same with Warrior Rune. 2 runes = 40% chance.
    The rune gives a chance to steal on any attack and can stack. 2 runes gives you a 40% chance to steal 1 buff per enemy per hit. No matter how many runes you equip, there will be a 0% chance to steal 2 buffs from an enemy on a single hit.

Wow.... 2x Caster Rune Hopper might be effective anti-beast tech.
  • Fville8Fville8 Member
    @Joel while this is an older thread, there are multiple runes similar to the warrior rune in the current event. Can you tell us if they are additive like the caster rune or not?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    They stack up to 100% for a single extra attack. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • niclow92niclow92 Member
    So @Joel

It would proc grog’s attack only once? And it would proc drakk’s basic only once instead of having the rage-stacked basic?
  • echonapechonap Member
    Grog-Gnog's basic attack has two hits and Drakk's basic attack has 1+x(rage) hits. An extra basic attack will still have the full number of hits. This means that a Grog-Gnog will do 4 hits total and Drakk will do 2(1+x(rage)) hits total.

Are you sure about that? I see Drakk doing 7 hits with a warrior rune, not 12.
    It seems that I misunderstood how the runes work with multi-hit basic attacks.

The runes work on each separate hit of a basic attack, but do not have a chance to activate on top of the extra attacks. Therefore:

If a hero normally does one hit for their basic attack (most heroes), they'll have an X% chance to do one extra hit.

Grog-Gnog will have two separate X% chances to do an extra hit. This means that if he has two runes equipped (40% chance to do an extra attack), he'll have a 36% chance to not do an extra hit (60% failure rate x 60%), a 16% chance to do four hits (40% x 40%), and a 48% chance to do three hits (40% x 60% x 2, because the case can happen for either the first or second hit). 36% + 16% + 48% = 100% of possibilities accounted for.

If a Drakk has 5 stacks of rage, the methodology for Grog's hits is expanded a lot, but follows the same logic, varying by the number of extra attack runes he has equipped. This makes one extra hit very likely, but 12 hits very unlikely.

Isn't statistics fun? :smiley:
  • echonap wrote: »
    Grog-Gnog's basic attack has two hits and Drakk's basic attack has 1+x(rage) hits. An extra basic attack will still have the full number of hits. This means that a Grog-Gnog will do 4 hits total and Drakk will do 2(1+x(rage)) hits total.

Are you sure about that? I see Drakk doing 7 hits with a warrior rune, not 12.
    If Drakk has two 20% add attack runes then he has .4% (40%^6) chance of 12 hits. However, if drakk has 5 20% runes then he has 100% chance at 12 hits. Let’s see this happen. :naughty:
  • echonapechonap Member
    I know where I'm putting all my warrior runes...
    Hi @Joel i have 5 runes with 20% chance of additional basic on furnace. However there were zero double basic procs when i ran pve dungeons. Any reason why?
    There seems to be an issue with Furnace, likely due to his AOE basic attack. We're looking into the issue!
  • Joel wrote: »
    There seems to be an issue with Furnace, likely due to his AOE basic attack. We're looking into the issue!

We know Grog had similar issues due to his basic being considered an AOE... when fixed, would Furnace have 4 chances to proc because he hits 4 damage values each time? That would mean he has a chance to do 5 basic attacks? Or would it just be a chance for two since all the hits are from one swing?
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    As crazy as it sounds what would happen if I put some on hagrim? His double hit basic seems like a special case in that it counts as one attack so would he attack twice again for 4 total hits? Or does it work exactly like these runes and that putting one on him is useless?
  • I think it has a 20% chance to do his little double tap.
  • AarwynAarwyn Member
    edited May 12
    Another question: how do these runes work with other effects that add attacks, such as Pignius' Hog Wild ability? Do the extra attacks granted by Hog Wild have a chance to proc an extra rune attack? If so, Grog could theoretically have eight basic attacks (though that'd still be extremely unlikely -- a 0.04% chance with a single rune, and only 0.64% with two.)
  • Nope. Pig and one rune make it 70% on each attack so Grog will likely do 3-4 attacks.
  • Nope. Pig and one rune make it 70% on each attack so Grog will likely do 3-4 attacks.
    Really?! I thought I read that the 20% Rune would only add chance of 1 extra attack ie maximum 3 hits. Hence it should proc independently of pig’s passive which has a chance to proc on each hit. I would love some clarification.
  • Grog as a chance to prog on both hits. There for with any chance he always might hit 4.
  • Grog as a chance to prog on both hits. There for with any chance he always might hit 4.
    Ok. Is grog’s epic considered a basic attack like Abigail’s?

Nice to know Gg only needs 3 20% Runes for 100% proc rate.
  • No, his epic doesn't count. 5 attacks for epic, 2-3-4 for lucky hit.
    Hi any update on Furnace?
    Btw i have a new problem hero. My ferno has 5 basic attack runes but for the first time, he didn’t have double basic and it happened twice in this match. Lemme upload the video.
    https://streamable.com/6ver3

Thanks in advance
  • I actually just had a Goretusk with one 20% chance to attack again and an ally Pignius attack 3 times with one basic... I wonder if they are kept separate.
    That should be possible. They do apply separately for each hero. Pig has extra chance of basic for beasts too.
  • I thought that all chance for bonus attacks stacked additive so it would be 70%.