Wow. Super diverse meta, guys.

FatCat69FatCat69 Member
edited May 7 in My Dungeon Discussion
No really. Hold your applause.

Here are my raid choices from last night:

n5x9kr1n2zl3.png

Wow, Shade is the most powerful in each raid? Still popular after almost two years. Let’s look inside each door.

tvi014qvf7gr.png
64owx9b7zj88.png
lbm8ogezaclf.png

Those all look pretty similar. Lots of choices.

And then tonight:

3dgjllc22otf.png

Any guesses what these three doors are hiding?

rpkk1mk5120s.png
ncsitrxwnwje.png
0zs3wpxjr3h4.png

You guessed it. More of the same. Crazy diverse.

Put your hand up if you can’t wait to have this defense in 9/12 floors of the tower? I’m super excited.

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If it works, use it.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited May 7
    If it works, use it.

I don't want 8 floors of this in tower, if i ever see them in tower i get rekt no matter what i throw... even my barb team which is ironic, how come i have to face a 6 star dude when no one even has him 6 starred yet??? Also this explains why i have been attacked 33 times within the hour XD
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited May 7
    @Skip_Holmes I set my defense days ago, after I realized it was effective offensively against pretty much everything but Barbarians (and would be a total pain in the a$$ to everything including Barbarians).

The point is that the current meta isn’t diverse enough. There shouldn’t be one team that rules all else. It’s like playing “rock, paper, scissors, AR-15” where everyone just keeps throwing AR-15 because it beats everything else.
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    @Skip_Holmes I set my defense days ago, after I realized it was effective offensively against pretty much everything but Barbarians (and would be a total pain in the a$$ to everything including Barbarians).

The point is that the current meta isn’t diverse enough. There shouldn’t be one team that rules all else. It’s like playing “rock, paper, scissors, AR-15” where everyone just keeps throwing AR-15 because it beats everything else.

That's what happens when you make a freemium game with heroes that are just straight up better than others.

That said, the 3 of the 4 barbarians are just older heroes who got reworked, so if they keep reworking older heroes, maybe we'll one day see true balance.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

yep and I lost like so many battles because of the people attacking me...
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »

maybe it's just because of your roster power. I've seen that defense about 3 times in two days.
    Even as meta, I'm seeing a lot of goretusk barbarian teams, or solaris barbarians.

• WasiWasi Member
    I'm still seeing about 70% beast teams
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I'm seeing variation in the 4th hero: often Shade, but also Goretusk, Kai, Zen, Solaris, Ignus, Agnon, Zomm, etc.
  • Kai and Zen?
  • PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    I have definitely seen a steady increase in barbarian-heavy teams for PVP over the past week. At first, it was unusual to see them. Then, it was easy enough to avoid them bc they would only be one of the three options, etc. Now, they are showing up about 70% of the time. I have seen what @FatCat69 posted quite a few times in the last 24 hours. It has gotten almost impossible to avoid them without refreshing your choices a bunch of times. Shade seems to be the most popular 4th character...but others like GT show up too.

I have yet to win a PVP match against a barbarian defense.
    Kai and Zen?

Are you a time traveler from a year ago?
  • PugsOfWar wrote: »
    I have definitely seen a steady increase in barbarian-heavy teams for PVP over the past week. At first, it was unusual to see them. Then, it was easy enough to avoid them bc they would only be one of the three options, etc. Now, they are showing up about 70% of the time. I have seen what @FatCat69 posted quite a few times in the last 24 hours. It has gotten almost impossible to avoid them without refreshing your choices a bunch of times. Shade seems to be the most popular 4th character...but others like GT show up too.

I have yet to win a PVP match against a barbarian defense.

I got attacked 10 times within the hour... Guess who did it and decimated me, I am thinking about changing my defense, this is getting redicoulous, I am only getting 1k pvp resources In Legend!! That's not suppose to happen XD #barbsgonnaBenerfedHard
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited May 8
    So how are we supposed to fight these guys? Everything I've thrown at them dies like nothing
    Can't buff they'll just steal it
    Can't purge they're back up to 5 rage next turn
    Can't resurrect, everyone's dead
    Can't even attack, team is silenced and torchy dies before getting a turn plus balog is protected by shade
    Can't soul link gets purged
    Can't debuff they just seem to shrug it off and deal tons of damage anyway
    Can't use barbs myself because mine are hilariously weak compared to the ones I've seen
    Might be able to figure something out with GT agnon or Selwyn due to their buffs
    Perhaps there's something I'm missing

Suppose if you can't beat them, join them! Then learn their weakness and then beat them! Gonna make my defense into barb meta and see just how others deal with it
    Post edited by Ududu2 on
  • Ududu2 wrote: »
    So how are we supposed to fight these guys? Everything I've thrown at them dies like nothing
    Can't even attack, team is silenced and torchy dies before getting a turn plus balog is protected by shade
    Can't use barbs myself because mine are hilariously weak compared to the ones I've seen
    Might be able to figure something out with GT agnon or Selwyn due to their buffs

Sadly by next season it will be almost impossible to climb to legend 1 for most people...
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    Ududu2 wrote: »

I haven't played too much recently to really know the strategies, but I think you have to do some kind of combination of freezing and spirit linking with Shade.

Sadly by next season it will be almost impossible to climb to legend 1 for most people...

I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and haven't even gotten into Legend one again. Not because barbs but time restraints. It seems barbs haven't gone mainsteam in legend 3-2 yet.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Ududu2 wrote: »

I haven't played too much recently to really know the strategies, but I think you have to do some kind of combination of freezing and spirit linking with Shade.

Somehow grog gnog/bovus them, freeze, then when their invincible has procced koros them to death

Sadly I don't have 2\3rds of the required heroes to pull this off... Or at least them decent enough to use... Simple way to destroy the barbs make Zens enlightenment start powered so you can do your big slow burst early on and then destroy them with koros.

I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and haven't even gotten into Legend one again. Not because barbs but time restraints. It seems barbs haven't gone mainsteam in legend 3-2 yet.

I was lucky enough to get lots of easy targets early on, I did barb team for quest, still regret it because of how stupid it is :unamused: seriously if this team isn't nerfed at least in damage dealt idk what will happen to the meta... All I know is that I NEED those 175 gems and million gold daily... Sadly I don't think it's possible anymore, I am getting attacked like 40+ times a day... It's getting redicoulous I mean I am down to only 1k pvp resources in legend one... That's like 2k gone, the only team I can beat in this meta are the teams trying to counter barbs... And they don't do too good of a job so far, if so they wouldn't be used so heavily.

I was lucky enough to get lots of easy targets early on, I did barb team for quest, still regret it because of how stupid it is :unamused: seriously if this team isn't nerfed at least in damage dealt idk what will happen to the meta... All I know is that I NEED those 175 gems and million gold daily... Sadly I don't think it's possible anymore, I am getting attacked like 40+ times a day... It's getting redicoulous I mean I am down to only 1k pvp resources in legend one... That's like 2k gone, the only team I can beat in this meta are the teams trying to counter barbs... And they don't do too good of a job so far, if so they wouldn't be used so heavily.

Yeah... I've run out of honor a lot in my chest. I also just had maybe the worst game since I started playing. It was Lily Ferno Drakk and Rocky. By the end, it was just a heavy DR Drakk with 5 rage for 75% resist that was 8 stacks plant and had one with nature at one point. I was lucky I had Solaris- must have ressed 5 times and my electric+freeze skin Goretusk helped a ton. Must have gone through Grog's ability rotation 3 times.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Kai and Zen?

I'm not sure why the two guys I saw with Zen had them, but I've seen Kai 3 or 4 times now. Kai doesn't work well, but his purpose is to reduce attacking AOE (mostly Balog) damage and create a higher chance for defending Balog to resist Goretusks freezes. However, Shade + Barbs easily counters both purposes of Kai...
  • Man, remember the good ol' days before Drakk
    8d0w30yqrq1a.png
    9vrd2wvb0gqb.png
    4lij2knrjffp.png
    axdt0i5kced6.png
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom
  • Man, remember the good ol' days before Drakk
    8d0w30yqrq1a.png
    9vrd2wvb0gqb.png
    4lij2knrjffp.png
    axdt0i5kced6.png

yep at least I had an 80%+ winrate
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    edited May 8
    Resistance is futile! Prepare to have your loot pillaged!
  • L0rdL33t wrote: »

L33t, I know it is, waits for level cap to be dropped, cya suckers I'm staying here where I am not at level cap where everything is awesome!! (Aka I'm never going to cap again, I learned what nightmares lie there, and guilds my guild doesn't require you to cap so boom again!!)

L33t, I know it is, waits for level cap to be dropped, cya suckers I'm staying here where I am not at level cap where everything is awesome!! (Aka I'm never going to cap again, I learned what nightmares lie there, and guilds my guild doesn't require you to cap so boom again!!)

But crown quests give XP.

But crown quests give XP.

Not by the thousands tho XD it would take me at least a year+ for me to even level off of that XP, also I am finding out that Zomm ins extremely necessary in this meta so looks like I have to spend a bucketload of resources... Again UUUUGGGHHH
  • Zomm? Necessary in the current meta? Maybe before Solaris but not now.
  • Nope those big taunts are the only thing that actually have the potential to protect your face, not to mention all of the max hp generation, but in this meta you have to make him more health and skill defense, skin based not his Solaris meta attack setup, you want to stack up enough max hp to set you for life and let the un ending value crush your opponent.