Remove "cap" for XP potions in account inventory

@Joel - Not too long ago, materials like quick loot keys and health potions were "capped" such that a player could not have more than 999 in his/her inventory. Many of those limits have since been removed. However, there still remains a 999 limit for each of the different size XP potion jars (I realized this when I acquired Drakk and went to level him up). Would it be possible to remove these limits as well?

Thank you and have a great day :)

Comments

• They are now capped at 10k I believe. Would still love this to be the case for potions. (At least the second tier.)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 8
    I'd agree, but I'm also asking "Why?".

Materials and quick loot keys I understand. Many people had them maxed out. And I'm pretty sure every player who's been around for a year or so has every type of potion maxed out as well.
    The difference is you don't need potions. A new hero comes out, you use maybe 50~ish (I've never counted) of the highest-tier xp potion and they're at 70. Then a month or two before a new hero to save up.

Again, I agree with you, and I think this could be really important if they decide to ever raise the level cap again (certain bugs and glitches have hinted that we might jump up to 90 one day), but I don't see this being a big issue right now. Unless it requires less than an hour to code (it probably does, but then again, knowing BossFight...), I don't think we need this right now.

By the way, the bug I'm referring to was posted about a week or two ago here? I don't remember the specifics, but someone was able to upgrade a hero's ability to Tier 90 or something like that. Got fixed, but could've been a potential leak at a new level raise.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    @JackHallow666 - You raise a good point. XP potions do play a different role in the game than other resources like quick loot keys, etc. And if we were just talking about a single new character coming out every several months or so, it might not really be worth it.

I can think of two scenarios that might make the change more necessary/useful:
    1. Raising the level cap: We have heard that this is coming and the latest notes from the devs seems to suggest that it will be here sooner rather than later. While getting one new hero to max level may not take up that many potions, getting an entire roster from level 70 to 80 could require a massive amount of these potions. This was the issue on my mind when I wrote the post.
    2. I believe that there are some players who keep large numbers of heroes lower than their user level so that their overall roster power results in less nasty PvP matchups (not sure if this is actually how PvP works but I know that I have seen it mentioned multiple times in the forums). That means, these players have a backlog of heroes that are in need of XP potions when the time comes and they are ready to raise everyone's level. Having a cap on the potion count makes this harder in much the same ways as it would affect people dealing with a new level cap.

I hope this makes sense. Of course, there are other aspects of the game that are more serious and higher priority. I just thought I would throw this out there and see what people thought.

Thanks for the input. Have a great day :)
  • PugsOfWar wrote: »
    @JackHallow666 - You raise a good point. XP potions do play a different role in the game than other resources like quick loot keys, etc. And if we were just talking about a single new character coming out every several months or so, it might not really be worth it.

I can think of two scenarios that might make the change more necessary/useful:
    1. Raising the level cap: We have heard that this is coming and the latest notes from the devs seems to suggest that it will be here sooner rather than later. While getting one new hero to max level may not take up that many potions, getting an entire roster from level 70 to 80 could require a massive amount of these potions. This was the issue on my mind when I wrote the post.
    2. I believe that there are some players who keep large numbers of heroes lower than their user level so that their overall roster power results in less nasty PvP matchups (not sure if this is actually how PvP works but I know that I have seen it mentioned multiple times in the forums). That means, these players have a backlog of heroes that are in need of XP potions when the time comes and they are ready to raise everyone's level. Having a cap on the potion count makes this harder in much the same ways as it would affect people dealing with a new level cap.

I hope this makes sense. Of course, there are other aspects of the game that are more serious and higher priority. I just thought I would throw this out there and see what people thought.

Thanks for the input. Have a great day :)

Personally my reasoning is I like to focus on a couple heroes in bursts. Since I'm only about halfway through maxing my heroes, I use up all my potions on 2-4 heroes then wait while I get evos for others. Just today, I got my Drakk FA and went to use potions on them. Tier two was maxed (showing that any I collected past that were wasted) and I ran out of potions halfway through my last hero. I'm sure If there wasn't a max or if it were higher that hero could have been maxed. Now I gotta run XP island for a couple days and not focus on ascensions for the other barbs.
  • PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    @MrTheWaffleKing - Thanks for the post. This was my experience as well when I was trying to max my heroes.

And, when I recently realized that the XP potions were limited to 999, my first reaction was to be annoyed that all the ones that I have been collecting since then were just thrown out.
  • PugsOfWar wrote: »
    @MrTheWaffleKing - Thanks for the post. This was my experience as well when I was trying to max my heroes.

And, when I recently realized that the XP potions were limited to 999, my first reaction was to be annoyed that all the ones that I have been collecting since then were just thrown out.

I have 0 potions fully spread, the majority of my rooster is level 40-... So maybe increase potion genoration too???
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Those barbs are powerful, can't wait for some cheap counter to be released... As I said in my old days... Game on and may I be empowered by the dark side
  • I'd agree, but I'm also asking "Why?".

Materials and quick loot keys I understand. Many people had them maxed out. And I'm pretty sure every player who's been around for a year or so has every type of potion maxed out as well.
    The difference is you don't need potions. A new hero comes out, you use maybe 50~ish (I've never counted) of the highest-tier xp potion and they're at 70. Then a month or two before a new hero to save up.

Again, I agree with you, and I think this could be really important if they decide to ever raise the level cap again (certain bugs and glitches have hinted that we might jump up to 90 one day), but I don't see this being a big issue right now. Unless it requires less than an hour to code (it probably does, but then again, knowing BossFight...), I don't think we need this right now.

By the way, the bug I'm referring to was posted about a week or two ago here? I don't remember the specifics, but someone was able to upgrade a hero's ability to Tier 90 or something like that. Got fixed, but could've been a potential leak at a new level raise.

Can I get this but linked,mounds interesting and I never saw it.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Those barbs are powerful, can't wait for some cheap counter to be released... As I said in my old days... Game on and may I be empowered by the dark side