edited March 4 in General Discussion
Epic Weapons:

Fire 6/16 Rogar Nimriel Squinch Lupina Nitpick Torchy
Water 6/17 Igorok Grog-Gnog Icebloom Yasmin Yorick Stone Fist
Earth 7/17 Hansuke Jabber Willow Bovus Nub-Nub Tsume Bramble
Light 4/13 MK Emily Ekko Augustus
Dark 6/15 Zomm Shade Brom Kobal Dagrund Shadowblade
Total 29/78

Who do you think should get the next Epic Weapon?

What would shake up the current PvP meta?

I have two suggestions. Sir William has the beast hunter trait (x2 damage vs beasts). I'd like to see him get an epic that spreads the trait to all his team-mates as well, for two rounds, and sets off his bring it on special attack. That might help reduce the current beast domination in PvP which Agnon is not yet doing, at least at my PvP leagues.

Alternatively, how about an epic for Dhaegon that does multiple attacks on a single enemy, and spreads his Impervious passive of to all his allies (or maybe only dwarf allies) for two rounds, thus also cleansing any of the current debuffs they have (if they're the ones he is impervious to)?

Both these heroes have been around forever, but are invisible in the current meta because they are just outclassed.

Comments

• darrendarren Member
    I like the idea of a stronger Sir Williams, but most of the underused heroes will remain lame unless something else is done to buff them...
    Look at the recent Epics.. While Grog as a beast is a favorite, there are numerous lame Epic heroes such as CK Bramble. People only use Bramble during the event and he is forgotten afterwards...
    There needs to be a revamp of certain heroes to be effective...
  • darren wrote: »
    I like the idea of a stronger Sir Williams, but most of the underused heroes will remain lame unless something else is done to buff them...
    Look at the recent Epics.. While Grog as a beast is a favorite, there are numerous lame Epic heroes such as CK Bramble. People only use Bramble during the event and he is forgotten afterwards...
    There needs to be a revamp of certain heroes to be effective...

I agree that they messed up the process of epics, and that some are much weaker than others. Actually CK Bramble's epic is pretty good, but the goblin team as a whole just don't cut it in PvP so you rarely see them used. Masuta Kira's epic is pointless now they castrated him, Tsume's wasn't well received (but maybe isn't all that bad, just could have been better), and Emily's should have just instantly refreshed her resurrect ability to be anywhere close to as useful as Solaris without an epic.

I originally thought the idea of Epics was to give the older less-used heroes a boost and get them back in play. Rogar, Willow and Nimriel getting epics early on seemed to suggest this was their original intent. Then they gave an epic to Shade a week or two after his initial release, presumably because they thought he wasn't already powerful enough. That kind of broke the pattern, and now older heroes still languish in the shadows while relatively recent heroes who are being used all the time like Grog-Gnog get their epics. I use Grog-Gnog a lot and enjoy hs epic, but he didn't need a power boost as much as many other heroes.

Jabber was a welcome return to sanity and what I think was the original intent. An older hero who had become a watchword for uselessness getting a powerful epic effect that can clear a room.

Given that the epics we already have aren't going to change any time soon, who next? What hero really needs a boost to get back in the game?

• StinkyStinky Member
    I really like your Sir William suggestion. Maybe he could get a change to Smack Down as well? It's all he gets when he finally ascends and it's so boring. It's an attack that hits once. Nothing else. Come on!
  • Zurk or Aria. They get more single attacks than just about any other hero so their proc rates would be through the roof!
  • Ember
  • Takumi for being old, or Malice for more demon flavor.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    Pontifex - his epic needs to give him better survivability. At mid-levels he’s a viable hero that you must plan around. Higher up he’s just a punching bag. Maybe a ‘necrotic aura’ that prevents him from being attacked if he has a teammate up.

Ferno - a lot of ways to go with this. Lupina already has a “dive bomb” esque epic. Could go with that for Ferno too, but I’d probably go with an extra damage basic attack that triggers +1 energy for all teammates, not just fliers. Could also make his epic similar to Bramble but applying the smoke debuff instead of a team buff. All good options.

• edited March 23
    I really want an epic for Pignius even if it's just a dupe of Lupina's.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Still waiting for my old Ella to get an epic and and update, wish I was something revolving around charm like the charmed enemy uses one of their actual moves instead of just a basic attack
  • Selwyn and Hopper imo
  • Ududu2 wrote: »
    Still waiting for my old Ella to get an epic and and update, wish I was something revolving around charm like the charmed enemy uses one of their actual moves instead of just a basic attack

Maybe her basic epic charms the enemy. Then she can have lots of charms.
  • Cant believe nobody said Viperia - strongest AOE in the game - would love to use her more...
    #MakeSnakesGreatAgain
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • Alecat97 wrote: »
    Selwyn and Hopper imo

and now it happend, happy? ;-)
  • I think Rogar needs an Epic Epic.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I think @danac will find the Selwyn epic next.
  • I hope Pontifex finds his epic sometime soon. All the other original legendary heroes have gotten their epics while he was looked over for the newer heroes. I'm not sure what it would do, but this is my take on what it might look like:
    His skull would either be a different color with spikes poking out of it, or it could be a demon skull with a green energy swirling around it.
    That's all I got for right now.
  • How about sir william? Fancy rear end armor for "bring it on"
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • Ponty need it, not enough legendary
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    Wouldn't surprise me if Ponti's epic was released as part of the next Halloween event - I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon.
  • qwert_yearqwert_year Member
    I wouls love to see how the Devswould incorperate a Thoxen epic.
  • qwert_year wrote: »
    I wouls love to see how the Devswould incorperate a Thoxen epic.

I would love to see ANY buff for Phenol. Maybe he could be given some form of mitosis where each time he's hit, he gets another slime on his person and each one adds 20% damage and higher chance to poison. Also his catapult hits more times for each bonus slime and his taunts buff does more.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think Balog and Ignus should be next. I get that the Barbarians are really powerful already, but Abigail got hers! Or who knows, maybe even Drakk will get his Epic soon. Shade got his Epic shortly after he was released, and he certainly didn't need it.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • edited May 7
    I think overlord executum could really use an epic, from most comments I've seen, he seems to be left in favor of shade or hansuke, which is sad, because he's an older boi who needs some love.
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes: Overlord Executum, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • I believe that Profex Mortis (butchered the name) should get an epic. maybe his Skull buddy could be bigger and the ability of his epic can be can increases dark spells casters and make all casters able to damage spirit immune charaters
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    I like all the suggestions, but still think we need a Light hero next. We're low on good light heroes with epics, and those we have fall mainly into the healing/support role.

Give Dhaegon an epic!